Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MozartintheJungle MozartintheJungle MozartintheJungle  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating PSFF17_gno

Format: Video Game|Change

Showing 1-10 of 1,546 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 2,197 reviews
on September 29, 2012
I bought this game back in march and quit playing because of two glitches after only about an hour and a half in.The glitches I ran into were this after playing about an hour my xbox freezes and I lose most of what I had already done. The second time I was into the game about an hour and a half and for some reason I got stuck in place and couldnt move around. I could look around , swing my sword , cast spells but just couldnt get out of that spot. I then just turned the game off put it back in its box and put it in the drawer with the rest of my games.

Well about a month later and my friends telling me the game had been patched I gave it another go. I sure am glad I did. I would have been missing out on what has turned out to be one of my favorite games. As far as I can tell all of the glitches have been patched because the only thing that happened while I was playing was a little lagg for just a short minute.

Once I started playing again and really got into the game I just couldnt stop playing. It is just that good. I absolutely had Skyrim on my brain no matter where I was. just like right now I am at work typing this review. From the two main quest lines to the side quests with the guilds this game is just plain fun. I never got board with this game. If I wasnt on some quest I was collecting materials to build new armor and weapons. My favorite armor build was the Ebony armor with the Nightingale hood and those upgraded to legendary. I posted some pics of my armor on amazon so check those out. I think in my humble opinion that that is the best looking mix of armor you can get. That Nightingale hood just sets it off.

This is a late review as I have completed the game and the dlc expansion Dawnguard. I have maxed out my character to level 81 and am waiting for the release of the next dlc. Since I have completed most things in the game I decided to go back in time and bought Oblivion and have been playing that. I must say Oblivion is no slouch because that game even dated as it is is amazing as well. I could keep rambling on an on about Skyrim or even Oblivion but I will put this to an end.

If you were on the fence about this game just go ahead and take the plunge because you simply wont regret it. All of the patches have fixed this game completely , you shouldnt run into any glitches. The dlc Dawnguard and Hearth fire are simply amazing. I just cant say enough good things about this and dont have the time right now so just go ahead and get this amazing game.
review image review image review image review image
on November 24, 2015
I can't say enough about Elder Scrolls open world RPG's as a gamer. This is an amazing game. I love open world RPG's and the Elder Scrolls series are one of the few major open-world western titles available in the USA. The developer is amazing. Open world role-playing games are never bug free, so if you can get past nitpicking that (I mean HUNDREDS of people work on these titles and the game space is vast!) then you will enjoy the game. Sometimes large games like this can get a really bad blocking, or game-breaking bug, that prevent a quest from progressing, etc., but with modern games usually the developers will fix those with a patch. I never even had this issue with the game, but I absolutely love it. It took me awhile to get used to the new UI (updated from the last installment of the series, "Oblivion") but now I actually really like it after years (literally) of playing this. I play role-playing games very slow because I craft a lot and sneak a lot, and try to uncover every nook and cranny, so I thoroughly enjoy large open world games, because I more than get my $60 worth on any title like this playing it for years!
on May 10, 2012
Don't think anyone is going to read this, but if you are then this is meant to be a brief review. I'm just rating for the sake of just that. After doing much research here on Amazon, then playing Skyrim for myself I have to say that All the 5 Star Reviews Are Right when saying this game has lived up to the hype and is the greatest RPG on xBox360. Skyrim stretched the consoles capabilities to the limits with it's vast open world, stupendous graphics, and arsenal of unending quest/things to do. This game is worth the $ for sure and a *five***Stars* in my book.

There's a lot of complaints I noticed on Amazon about the gamebreaks, freezing, bugs, etc..... I only ran into one Freeze and I'm 70 hours in and completed the main story. This is my advice since this is something I practiced in Morrowind that may help prevent these little hickups. Biggest thing is don't litter too much when playing Skyrim. When you don't need an item sell it to a merchant, try not to throw it on the ground because the game then has to remember that the item was left there. This causes the game to work slightly harder and can cause more loading+potential freezing/glitches. Just something that has worked for me idk it may work for anyone else. Also I only use 4 save files when playing Skyrim. 1 is master save file where I physically have to click save (it's been rewritten 450 times, yeah I save a lot.) The other 3 are auto saves that the game does consistently. Again this is another technique I practice when playing a vast game as this because it makes less that has to be remembered.

Here's a funny incident when I did litter in a town. One of the guards saw me do it then approached me saying "Hey you can't leave that there go pick it up". Might be Bethesda hinting on the topic : D

Any who it's a great game and you can get it for cheap in the used section. Now to end this review with my own personal dragon shout to you concerning buying the game "GO FO IT!"
If you already have or played the previous Elder Scrolls games then this shouldn't surprise you with either its vast open world exploration and massive quests or the feeling of actually being in this world. What makes this so enjoyable to play is you aren't stuck as a fixed character class or fixed appearance, like with the earlier games this one allows you to choose your race,sex and appearance before truly starting the game meaning if you want to be a male dark elf or female redguard it's your choice to pick. What's also appreciated about the game is that there is no fixed time allotment meaning you can explore or do as many quests as you what before going back to the main quests which is also pretty much expected to help you garner experience to level up and to gain reputation and property ownership of houses and the like in different villages.

Just remember to also use your head, don't go taking on a group of giants with a short sword head-to-head build up your character because if you think it's easy to defeat all these creatures and find out it isn't all you'll feel is annoyed. So for fans of fantasy RPG vast open world games without the trouble of going online to play it here's a great game to buy.....
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 3, 2012
Having my head down in books and work, this release pleasantly snuck up on me. Having ultimately (it became an acquired taste) really enjoyed the previous Oblivion title (I managed all achievements, so that must mean something?), I immediately picked up this title. It was a mixed experienced.

The good:
* WAY improved inventory/menu system.
* Improved combat system.
* Longer, more involved leveling (previous cheats were removed, such as acrobatics).
* Larger monsters.
* Improved mapping system (the last was so incredibly painful).
* Improved visuals.

The bad:
* Cooking was added, however, it seemed pointless.
* Story is not as tight as the previous, no Patrick Stewart, however, it is still interesting.
* The graphics were a step up, just a little step.

The ugly:
* I encountered at least 3 completely broken sub-quests.
* Direction is often lost, "What was I doing? Why?"

Summary: A must buy!
on March 27, 2013
This sequel rocks, it's far more involved than previous versions with a lot more to do and see. Plus you now have access to various companions to help you in combat. Everything about this game is fun. I'm an older gamer in my 40's and it's totally enjoyable, you can choose to think or just play your own way. You can battle everything in sight or figure out ways around things. The dungeons are far more elaborate with tricks and traps that keep you on your tows, reminisent of the old prince of persia games for me. Plus the scenery is spectacular, the world they created is beautiful. Most of the game is pretty easy to follow but sometimes you can get stuck so I bought the guide as well to help me when I'm clueless which can happen.
Characters can be built any way you like and you get to face off against dragons now. If you like the previous versions of Elder Scrolls you'll love this newest edtion. Plenty to do for months of play. I've had several all nighters already and haven't found even 10% of the world. It really has something for just about everyone.
on December 12, 2011
I think this game is 4.5 stars out of 5, But since there are 1 star reviews for the PC version of this game listed on here, I thought I might try and make up for the difference. I gave it 4.5 because regardless of how infatuated I am with the game because there are minor flaws with the graphics and some small glitches. No game breakers though, not even close.

MORROWIND. This was my first Elder Scrolls, and it took me four years to finally beat it. What captivated me was the lack of limits. (Read my review of The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind, Game of the Year Edition) When Oblivion came out I had very high expectations. Unfortunately they were not met, at all. But this review is about Skyrim, THEE best game I have ever played, and the details I never got from any other reviews.

Flying.
It's in the game, but only for dragons. :( There's no levitation, nor hop-toad spell. BUT, you don't need it because you can climb whatever you put your mind to. Hardcore Parkor style. And there are Gigantic mountains in this game. You'll feel like a mountaineer. :)

Bartering.
Unlike the Elder Scrolls III and IV, merchants buy and sell goods at a flat rate, strait across the board. No haggling. Also no disposition meter to manipulate. The value of items aren't extreme. I'm a level 48 and the most valuable item I've found in the game is around $9,000. (Similar to Oblivion's price scaling) You can invest in shops though, which affects pricing, and there are other ways to change the cost of things. Can anyone say enchantments?

Leveling up.
This is the best thing Bethesda did with this game. There are 19 different skills and ALL OF THEM go toward leveling up your character. :) This means the level cap is very high, and becoming a demi-god is inevitable. You also don't have to rest to level up. You can do it anywhere, even while in mid-swing of a battle axe. I'll let you know what the cap is when I get there. I've heard 81 but I'm skeptical...

Guilds/Factions.
I'm not sure how many there are, but I'll say there are already more than Oblivion had. So far I know of: Thieve's Guild, Mage's Guild, The Companions aka fighter's guild, The Dark Brotherhood, The Stormcloaks, The Imperial Legion, and one more that I can't remember. But I've done hardly any faction quest's. Speaking of quest's, I haven't even been searching for quests and I currently have 35 active. They are all neatly cataloged and waiting for me whenever I decide to do them.

Enchanting
It's more limited than Morrowind, less than Oblivion. There are new enchantments too.

Spellcasting.
I'm a warrior. I like sweet swords and axes. I've never been a mage, nor had a desire to be one. Skyrim has changed that. I have a spell equipped in my left hand 30% of the time because spells are amazing now.

Stealing.
You can only sell stolen items to a fence, so you'll never have to worry about selling someone their own stuff.

That's all I can think of for now. Please comment if you have any other questions you want to know about before you buy this game.
on August 5, 2015
This and Destiny are my favorite Xbox 360 games ever! Skyrim is the ultimte RPG/Fantasy and is filled with multiple quests and storylines roughout the entire game and not just the main camapign questline. Skyrim can be extremely addicting at times. For example when I had spent about three hours on a quest, two new ones popped right up for me to do. All in all I give this game a 5/5 star review. The graphics in this game are top notch for 2012 standards. Skyrim may have a bit of outdated graphics but it makes up for it in the amazing gameplay and overall feel of the game. Even if you're not into RPG or Fantasy type games, you will definitly enjoy Skyrim. All in all this game easily deserves well more than 5 stars, but the maximum rating that I can give it is only 5 stars :)
In conclusion, this is a great RPG/Fantasy game and just a great game in general and I think that it is easily (along with Destiny) the best Xbox 360 game ever!
on October 23, 2015
Awesome game! Wide open spaces, you can go literally anywhere you want at anytime. Sunrise comes you can make your way over to River wood for a little exploring around the town, maybe stop for a drink. Then when all goes quiet and the moon shines his face across the land you can rent a room out for the night, or go hunting for dragons. I prefer getting them at dark, don't know why. More fun I guess :) Then if you like vacations pay a carriage and hitch a ride to Riften, a sort of.. rat hole town. Still, it has it's qualities. Moist air, great folk, well, most of them are ;p And, if you're ready, find yourself a wife/husband and get married at the Temple of Mara. Choose wisely though, divorces in this game consist of killing who you married. Shouldn't be a problem if he or she is annoying XD. Anyway, in the beginning you choose almost every detail of what character you wish to be, color, race, gender ect. But overall I just really love the freedom in this game, choosing how I want to be, how I want to live. It affects the story therefore, it becomes my personal playground. You'll love this game, I'm sure of it. And if this review don't help I don't know what will. :)
on November 15, 2011
This game is amazing!! The wait was well worth what we got here. I just hate having to share it with my husband, looks like he's getting the PC version for Christmas, or his own xbox! Graphics are amazing, the characters are great...I love that some of them sound like Arnold Schwarzenegger, lol. I don't have time to write a detailed review right now, but I wanted to give it my five stars because it really deserves it. I only wish I had no life so I could stay home and play this all day!

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.