Lyft Industrial Deals Best Books of the Month Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheTick TheTick TheTick  Three new members of the Echo family Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now TG18SW_gno

TOP 500 REVIEWERon January 31, 2018
 * It's Never the same old grind. This dispenser looks sleek. It operates flawlessly.
* It has a dispenser light, so, the amount is visible. Which Is Awe-Some.
* If you watch my video you know I’m a newbie. This is the first electric grinder I’ve had in my 57 years.
* I DID figure it out without instructions. Putting it back together after I filled it took longer.
* The Spring Has To Be Pushed Down, While The Nut/Coarseness Indicator Is Screwed On.
* Take me a little while. Not too long though, because my entire video is about four and 1/2 minutes.
* If I could show you all the features, fill the salt, have it back together and operating in just over four minutes this has to be the gold standard of grinders.
* I like that this ceramic grinder will grind peppercorns, Salt, and/or spices.
* When I was shopping for a grinder, most of them said they were specific to a particular substance.
* This One Does Everything.
* Once I get the hang of using it on my Himalayan salt, I might just go to peppercorns.
* Here's The Link To The Himalayan Salt: The Spice Lab Pink Himalayan Salt - Gourmet Pure Crystal - Nutrient and Mineral Fortified for Health - Kosher and Natural Certified - 5 Pound Tub (Coarse 5 Pound Tub)
* I like my spices very coarse.
* This grinder lets me adjust to a coursness that is perfect for me. It will go from very fine to very coarse.
* It truly is one-handed operation. It feels good in the hand.
* The button is easy to press to begin the grinding process.
* What you need with this grinder is your preferred spice and four AA batteries.
* Here's A Link To AA Batteries: AmazonBasics AA Performance Alkaline Batteries (48 Count) - Packaging May Vary
* And Now You Are Good To Go. Ready To Rumble.
* If you have any questions, click my name, send email, I will answer.
* Hope this info helps. Thanks for reading.
review imagereview imagereview image
on June 4, 2016
This battery operated salt or pepper mill is so elegant. I purchased this mill to use with salt. I have been trying Himalayan sea salt for cooking. The package I purchased came in its own grinder bottle. It hurts my hands to grind it because the salt is so hard. I purchased this salt mill primary because of the simple touch of a button to grind salt.
What I like-
This grinder is versatile and can be used for salt or pepper. You could even mix different salts or peppercorns to make your own unique blend.
I have all stainless steel appliances so this fits into my kitchen decor well and looks expensive even though it's not.
I really like that the bottom has a cover. I have a pepper grinder that my brother made me and it has no cover for the bottom so it is always leaving pepper grains on my counter.
I like that you can see how much salt or pepper you still have through the glass window so I know when to buy more.
I think the blue light that emits from the grinder mill is lovely and helps shine a light on the amount of salt that is coming out when you are grinding.
My only con-
I wish this was rechargeable. It takes four AA batteries. It would be convenient for me to charge it once a week or so. I have been using it all week without noticing a difference in battery strength so it is still very powerful for a battery operated appliance.
I think this mill would make a lovely gift for most any occasion. This would also be great for anyone with pain or weakness in their hands.
I received this mill/grinder at a reduced price in exchange for testing and sharing my honest review.
review imagereview imagereview image
11 comment| 44 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on January 28, 2016
Update: Shortly after I had returned the grinder and written the 1 star review below, the seller contacted me by email to see how I liked the product and reiterating their warranty. I explained that I had returned the product because of the problems. Seller simply sent me a new grinder. Out of the box, this one seems to be fine. For the price, with the warranty this product is a nice deal. I don't know how long it will last, I don't expect to use it every day, but if it fails soon I'll update again. I did buy a very similar grinder on Amazon that had a list price under $10 (no sales discounts) and it works about the same, except the light won't shine - but I really don't need the light anyway. I just wanted to hear the sound of one hand grinding.

Initial Review
I really wanted to like this grinder. I bought it in a lightening deal, probably part of a batch with defective glue. The glue that holds the locking ring to the grinding chamber gave way when I opened the unit to insert the batteries. I did not use any force. I saw the alignment marks and just gave a slight twist. Because it fell apart, I had to hold the unit together with both hands to make it work. The unit grinds more slowly than I would have liked, but the chamber holds plenty of pepper. The light is a nice idea, but did not shine anywhere close to a place that I would be useful.
on May 18, 2017
I've only had this for a very short time. Yesterday the light went out while I was using it. I knew the batteries were dying so I replaced them and tried using it again. No light and no pepper coming out even though the gears were turnimg. Then the bottom piece that holds the light fell out. Not sure what's going on with it. I really loved it do much I bought another one for salt. Being that they are 20 bucks a piece I'm pretty sure hubby is going to say no to buying another one. And I'm afraid even if we did the same thing would happen. Very disappointing since its so nice... when it works
on October 23, 2017
I purchased 2 of these a couple of months ago. One for pepper and the other for salt. Even with fully charged batteries they will both often get stuck and not grind. This happens constantly with the pepper and its very common with the salt. I'll have to spin the grind size adjuster to get it unstuck but even leaving it in a coarse grind setting will still result in the same issues. I'm not sure if this is a defect of my grinders or if there is a better model, but I hope Epare' can assist.
on August 11, 2017
I really like these but one of them doesn't work really well. Barely grinds my pepper. I made sure the batteries were new but didn't help. Just barely grinds. I may need to use the other one instead and not use this one. Maybe someone has had this issue and has some pointers?
on January 10, 2016
First, you lose a star for hounding me to give you a 5 star review.
I have never owned a battery powered mill before. I bought it on a lightning deal (thank goodness) for my husband. He uses it with pepper and thinks it's great. I am not as impressed. As other reviewers have stated, the pepper flakes that come out are extremely inconsistent no matter what setting you have it on. This is a huge turn-off for me. I prefer my pepper to be ground finely, and this produces huge flakes when it's supposed to be only on the fine setting. My husband enjoys pepper and could care less. So if you don't care about having huge pepper flakes mixed in with medium and smaller flakes, then buy this.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on January 13, 2017
Bought as a gift and was embarrassed by the quality. Glue holding the plastic shaft to the metal disintegrated while inserting batteries. Then I saw the cheap piece of thin plastic that is used to hold the batteries in place. Finally, the tiny plastic tabs used to hold the unit together broke right off while twisting it to put pepper inside. Three strikes, you're out. Returning.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on February 15, 2018
Works Great. I use it for pepper, grinds like a champ. Highly recommend. Solid feel, while not heavy. A little tricky to get open the first time, owner must be forceful, but once you get the hang of the pressure needed, its a breeze. Highly recommend.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on January 7, 2017
Cheap piece of crap. I can't even use it because the outer casing was held on by a few drops of glue and slipped off immediately. I am even more pissed that this was some kind of Amazon awesome pick or something. If the Wolfgang Puck gravity grinder was in Stock I would have gotten it...you get what you pay for. This thing is a joke.