YED Save up to 90% on textbooks Shop Women's Clothing nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 STEM Valentines Day STEM Shop Popular Services Gleason Gleason Gleason  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Beat the Cold with Outdoor Clothing on Amazon STEM

Showing 1-10 of 19 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 25 reviews
on February 8, 2012
Just arrived today so I had a time after work to test it. Works perfectly with silent switching. Even worked with no noise whatsoever with my power supply which is a little noisy with my other pedals. Controls are pretty simple to dial in a good useable sound easily. The chorus switch gives an interesting almost spacey detuned sound depending where the controls are set. I think I like it with all controls around 10 oclock for a good starting position.
on January 7, 2016
I tried it yesterday, This thing is amazing, just what i was looking for. It is my first owned Delay pedal, so can really compare that much
I did notice small difference between the Mod on/off... i was expecting a huge difference... Will play with it further and update this review as necessary
on September 30, 2016
This is a pretty good analog delay. The mod switch is interesting, but not really necessary unless you are going to use this sort of like a Uni-Vibe. I'm a big fan of EHX and have many of their pedals. I agree with some posts mentioning apparent quality issues. I think EHX needs to take a look at some of the quality issues folks are describing including the screw threads on the box as they tend not to be accurate. I've had this problem with the EHX Soul Food and Satisfaction pedals. Maybe they got a bad batch of cases. I did find it useful that this pedal has a trim pot to adjust the Modulation. It is trim pot 8 and is labeled as such. I found that turning the trim clockwise 90 degrees reduces modulation, and for me improves usefulness when mod switch is on. Overall, this is a pretty good analog delay.
on June 16, 2016
This thing sounds great for the money. It does the mod thing just right - not too crazy but just enough. Limited controls, but you don't really need all those others.

I've noticed that it behaves differently under battery versus adapter. It does the self oscillating thing great while plugged in, but on battery the feedback doesn't come all the way back around. It's probably fine with a fresh ProCell.

I don't think the extra bread for the Boy is worth it. It's just a knob for the mod depth, which you don't really need. Also, there is a trim pot on the inside if you're not stoked on the factory setting.

But yeah, is it as cool as a $200 delay pedal? No. Will the audience have any idea it's not a $200 pedal? No. Does it smoke every digital pedal in the same price range? Absolutely.

100% recommended.
on March 2, 2016
Just got the Electro-Harmonix Memory Toy Analog Delay today, and first surprise it comes with a battery all ready to go. And I immediately like the gray metal look and feel and the nice compact size.
I wanted a good analog delay on my lap-steel, ran through a Fender 25 watt amp, so plug it in! This little "Toy" really adds dept and really bumps up the sound of the lap-steel with just a little slap-back delay. And with the flip of a switch it also has a nice shimmer effect, but wait, there's more. I can get the UFO sound we all like to play with when not playing the serious stuff.
Again I have only played it for an hour but I am totally satisfied with the analog sound. Maybe I will take it t the jam room tomorrow and run the lap-steel thru a 50 watt vintage Ampeg Tube Amp and really give it the twice over.
on November 15, 2013
A good unit to have some fun with. I use mine for bass, and it works great. It is a little finicky as far as getting it set up. I ended up with something that was kind of a reverb with a slight delay kind of effect. I haven't played around with the mod switch all too much as of yet. I have had a couple people tell me that what I'm doing with this can't be done with other pedals that they've used. Worth trying out if nothing else. I've happy with mine.
on August 13, 2016
This guitar pedal works great when I first got it. After a few days it does not work correctly. Changed the battery and still will not work. I have tried two and both did the same thing. I have researched and found that they made a bad batch of them. I would not buy. I returned the pedal to Amazon for a refund.
on September 6, 2015
Worked for two months then stopped. I found the same issue happened with other people listed on a peddle forum. Apparently they released a bad batch of these pedals with zero attempt to recall.
on November 30, 2012
This pedal is great. It has a slightly dark tone, but not too overpowering. I love how it sounds. Easy to use and dial in the type of delay you need. It can also do the UFO type sound by cranking the feedback. Thats fun to mess with. I have a BK Tube Driver sitting just before it, and if I dial them in just right, it gives me a pretty sweet sounding violin tone. Anyways its a fine sounding pedal that can take a beating.
on March 2, 2014
I'm not a delay fiend. I use it occasionally to thicken up my guitar sound, or simply to mess around. I have a Deluxe Memory Man but I wanted something that would take up less room on my pedal board. I tried an MXR Carbon Copy but I didn't like the sound compared to the DMM. However, the Memory Toy is an acceptable substitute for my needs. It's a little darker than the Memory Man but still sounds very good, at less than half the price. The pedal boosted my volume quite a bit out of the box, but there is a tiny trimpot inside labeled "Gain" that allows you to adjust the gain to your liking using a small screwdriver (my pedal's circuit board is Rev. D).

Summary: 4 stars for the sound, but 5 stars for the price.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.