Amazon Vehicles Beauty Return your textbook rentals STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning whiteprincess whiteprincess whiteprincess  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis GNO National Bike Month on Amazon Ellen

Showing 1-10 of 923 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,020 reviews
on August 1, 2016
Broke within a few months of use. The power supply began smelling like something was burning inside. It was very strong and turned unit off right away. Bummer - $80 wasted.

Update: was contacted by manufacturer and they replaced the unit right away. I appreciate a company standing behind their product and this is certainly one of such companies. Well done - 4 stars.
on January 17, 2015
I ordered this karaoke machine because my two sons, ages 8 and 10, and myself enjoy singing karaoke. I like some of the features, such as the dual microphone jacks and being able to connect an mp3 player/tablet etc. The sound quality is not great, but it's on par with the cost of the machine. There are also a couple of things I didn't like. I wasn't a big fan of the sample disc that was included with the purchase, so when I first tried using the machine, I connected my tablet. It was then that I realized that if you connect a device instead of playing a disc, nothing will appear on the TV screen. In fact, while you have another device connected, both the CD player portion of the unit and the TV will not work. I thought there was something wrong with my karaoke machine and almost shipped it back because I had no idea that was the problem. It wasn't listed in the troubleshooting section, and I called customer service, but they must not have known about this either. I would like to mention that the customer service representative that I dealt with was very nice, and also sympathetic of the issues I was having. She was patient and listened to my complaint, and made me feel like she was concerned with resolving the issues as soon as possible. It was a nice change in CS. Anyway, you can play the mp3 player etc thru the machine, and the microphone will work with it. The only other issue I had was that the playback on the machine does not match up with the playback on the TV. So you have to choose one or the other. Due to the sound quality, I chose to play it thru my TV. But then the AVC function doesn't work...so you can't use it to hear how the song goes, or for it to fill in where you leave off. So to sum it up, there are some things that need improved upon, but we still have a good time singing karaoke with our Electrohome karaoke machine.
on June 9, 2016
Got quiet excited when I received it, because most of the reviews that I've read here were positive. Unfortunately got disappointed the moment we started tryin it. It delays so much, not possible to sing, and the voice sound is terrible. As if I'm singing in the box! My kids were disappointed too, do not recommend to anyone , such a waste of money. Better save up and buy better quality.
Defiantly did not meet the expectations.
on December 5, 2012
This machine meets expectations as advertised.

There is only one microphone

Machine does not support record/playback.

There is an aux port so you can hook-up an mp3 player through a 3.5 mm jack.

The quality is far superior to the competition in similar price range.

The speaker volume is not quite what I expected- however, the teens who used it were satisfied.

Easy to understand/ hook up with 3 channel audio, video cords. Plugged right into my television.

Consider investing in a nicer microphone to use with this system- I did- and its great!

Shipping was fast, and well packaged.
22 comments| 122 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 25, 2016
Our toddler used this *constantly* for two years before the speaker finally gave out. We attached it to our home stereo system and the RCA outputs still work great! So while it's not portable anymore, we still enjoy it. We ended up buying a second one to carry around since we were so happy with the first one. I love that the cost of this unit is so reasonable since it doesn't include a built-in display. Anytime we use the CDs with lyrics, we just attach it to a TV. Most of the time he just uses it for audio sing-alongs and doing "announcements" anyway. While the included microphone is usable, there are very inexpensive ($20-ish) mics that you can buy that are a huge improvement.
on September 15, 2016
I bought this for my son. He really does love it, and it works fine. I like that he can connect it to the TV and also use a smart phone or MP3 player with it. It also has a spot for another microphone. The echo feature is pretty cool. However, the speaker isn't the best and the singing comes across rather muffled. You have to turn it all the way up to get good sound, but then the muffle sound it worse. You have to place you mouth on the mic to get a louder sound. I have wondered if a foam dampener might help...I don't know. I had to max out the speaker volume and my phone to any the music sound loud enough as well.
on December 5, 2015
I researched a lot of Karaoke machines and this one by far had the best reviews, so I felt confident it would be a good choice. The first one we got was defective (power button didn't work), so we exchanged for a new one. Sadly, after one use, the CD's & lyric display on the TV froze and the lyrics disappeared and overlapped each other. Really a pity, because it is a fun machine when it works. Given you definitely would need to hook up better speakers. Not sure which one we will get next...
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 7, 2017
Easy to hook up (well assuming you have a friend who is good with cable stuff and doesn't mind reading directions) but we were hooked up within 10 minutes and singing away. Everyone loved it. The only think I need is more karaoke cds and probably stronger speakers. But a great value for some fun at home.
on April 30, 2016
Electrohome Karaoke Machine Speaker System CD+G Player with 2 Microphone Connections, Singing Music & AUX Input for Smartphone, Tablet, & MP3 Players (EAKAR300)

I bought this for my daughter's 11th birthday and it has been a hit with both of my kids, their friends, and my wife. We purchased other CDs for it, which I am thankful for because the CD that comes with it is pretty bare in terms of features for the songs. My biggest issue with the machine is that the volume for the microphone is extremely low, we can barely hear the person singing through the speakers, including the TV speakers. That is a little disappointing, but my kids do not seem to care.

Overall it was a good purchase, again just wish we could hear the singer through the speakers, and this would probably be a 5 star from me.
on May 17, 2017
Returned, did not work. Was really disappointed. Had gotten it for a family reunion, lots of kids that really wanted to use this. They were standing in line, had several technical people try to get this to work and ended up returning it.