Industrial Deals HPC Magazine Deals Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. Electronics Gift Guide $54.99 for a limited time only Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Holiday Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon life life life  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now HTL17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 1,008 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,130 reviews
on November 25, 2013
Beautiful Electrohome® SignatureTM Retro Hi-Fi Stereo System with Record Player, CD, MP3 CDs, MP3, AM/FM, Vinyl-to-MP3 (EANOS700)really value for money even though I had to pay shipping charges of $200 by VP SG to send to my home in Singapore.The sound is superb and the look of High-quality handcrafted wood cabinetry is amazing.
55 comments| 410 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on December 20, 2015
I am very pleased with this record player. I was hesitant to purchase it because of some of the other reviews I had seen, but decided to give it a try because there were also a lot of positive reviews as well. I have not had a record player since the mid 80's, but still had a collection of records that I wanted to be able to play. Secondarily, I wanted a CD player in the living room. anything beyond that was gravy for me.I ill admit that I fell in love with the style of this one.

First - this is a solid, heavy piece. It is made out of solid wood (not particle board) and is stained in walnut finish. It looks fantastic. The cloth covering the speakers has little tiny notes on it - you can only see them if you re really close.All you have to do to get started is remove all the packing material, tighten one screw on the record player and plug it in.

I have used all the playback functions except the AUX to plug in an iPad or phone - I have all my digital music on a USB drive and play it that way.The record player worked great for me. I have a collection of records from the 70's and 80's. The record player played all these records without issue. Some of my records are in pristine shape and sound great - others are in horrible shape with scratches and skips - but they still play. I don't have any new vinyl, so I can't say for certain how it would work on new record.

The AM and FM radio work fine and I had no need to un-spool the FM antenna.

The speakers are great. It is true stereo sound. All I had to do was put on a Ray Conniff Christmas album to tell that sound was coming out of different channels. These are not DJ super quality Dr Dre speakers, but they are better than what I would have expected from the player. They can fill up my entire house with clear, quality sound.

The only failing I could find with the player is the CD drawer. It's a bit thin and flimsy and I can see that it could break easily. Just be careful with the drawer. This is the reason for 4 stars instead of 5.

The remote works on the CD setting and the when I am playing from a USB drive.

I have not yet tried to record from vinyl to USB, but for me, that was not the reason I purchased the unit.

All in all, I am very happy with the unit and I would recommend it.
review image review image review image
22 comments| 47 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on February 17, 2017
First, the good: Looks are mid-century and a conversation piece. It's well constructed and hefty, but do not let an 8 year old play records if you want it to last. I'm sure it's not all wood. It LOOKS like wood, but run your hand over it and it feels like some poly-clad particle board, however, as I said it seems to be well constructed. The backlight on the radio is retro and warm looking, unlike cold digital freq. readouts. Reception is good, but I live in an urban center. Memory stick works as does CD player, altho' the CD tray is pretty flimsy and would be very easy to break. The patina on the faceplate is old school and integrates well in the overall design concept. The speaker grill fabric is of the type you would expect to see on an authentic 40s or 50s piece. Now, the not so good: Turntable is cheap looking, feeling and not well constructed. I have not had a problem with skipping, maybe because I only play cleaned 45 rpm & 33 1/3 rpm records pressed in the fifties and sixties. My main system in my living room is quite expensive with my $2,000 turntable and cartridge, so we are not comparing apples to apples here. The sound quality of the records is pretty abysmal, CDs and FM are much better, but the four speakers are cheap and sound it. You will not get "stereo" sound or even high-fidelity from records. Of course, sound quality is subjective. One glaring mistake is there are no e.q. controls: no treble or bass boost or even a "tone" control. You can't tailor the sound at all. What you hear is about all you'll get. It does have some punch to it, but the louder you turn it up, the more your ears hurt. Bottom line: It is fun to play with and look at. I keep it in my "man cave" and play my old records on it, some I've had since 1964. I keep the volume low, tho'. If you want to get into vinyl again or for the first time, this is NOT the piece of equipment you'll need. A decent entry-level turntable is at least $300-$400 so if you're serious about the superior sound quality of vinyl, spring for a decent one. If you're looking for home décor comments, this will do it. Just don't expect it to jump through any hoops.
on July 29, 2016
I'm the "tech-y" one in my family; I built my own computer years ago, I am in charge of setting up any new electronics and showing people how to use them, I'm the troubleshooter, and, of course, I've set up quite a few audio systems. Complicated ones with lots of wires.

The Electrohome has very few wires. In fact, it's VERY simple to set up!

But don't be like me. Ok? Just read everything. Because I told my VERY sad toddler on the day that we got it that the record player wasn't working. This, after I screwed in the transit screw, switched to the correct speed setting, and couldn't get the turntable to move!!!

By the way, I contacted Electrohome customer service, and they were nothing but nice. If I ever have to contact them again, I know that they'll be helpful. But back to my story.

I realized after about a week of fiddling with it (and actually starting the Amazon return process) that I neglected to push the "PHONO" button on the front of the device. Yup. Tech-y. That's me. Anyway, suddenly the turntable sprung to life, and we were able to listen to the Sesame Street Birthday Album again! Hooray!

But seriously, all joking aside, this is a gorgeous piece of equipment, and goes well in my midcentury-inspired home. It's what caught my eye to begin with; this LOOKS like a record player that could have been owned by my grandparents in the sixties. The cabinet is thick, and sturdy; if it's not actually wood, I can't tell. The styling is spot on, and the controls feel substantial enough that I don't think they'll be breaking any time soon (that's a compliment in today's disposable world!).

Beyond that, the sound quality is far greater than I would have expected from such a small system. I haven't felt the need to turn it all the way up, so I can't speak to any distortion at higher levels (which is common in small systems), but at low levels both the CD and record playback is clear and well-balanced. The turntable starts automatically when you move the arm toward it, and using it is pretty much foolproof (once you figure out how to push the button, of course!). Records sound warm, just as they're supposed to. The CD player has a few simple options. The radio is easy to tune and actually does a better job of tuning than my old all-digital system did. I haven't plugged in an auxiliary device through the USB port, yet, but I'm glad that the option exists, as we listen to a lot of Spotify and Pandora.

I'm totally thrilled that I didn't need to return this piece, because seeing it in my living room makes me smile, and using it is a joy. This is an excellent choice for an all-in-one record and CD player, and well-priced for the high quality.
on December 10, 2017
This was a "big" purchase for me- being someone who rarely invests in technology/gadgetry except when forced by the relentless tides of modernity. I love this baby though. After becoming a bit more well-versed in vinyl & that which plays it, I realise that it is not the fanciest record player. I think the biggest setback is the lack of tracking adjustment- the weight/pressure of the arm is set, you cannot change it (except by manual methods, like the highly controversial placing of a penny atop the arm haha), so if you've got a wonky warped record, it doesn't fare super well. That being said- this player still totally does the job. I play mostly old, somewhat scratched, and slightly grimy (though I wash them as best I can) records from secondhand stores, and this handles it all to my satisfaction. It has GREAT sound- projects like a much more expensive sound system (look out, Bose!), and is just so goshdarn beautiful on the outside. This puppy is made out of some very solid and fabulous wood, make sure you lift with your legs If you try to pick it up! CD player works very well, as well. Overall, well worth the price- have had this over a year now, and it is still going strong. I hope to have it many more!
on May 18, 2017
Yes, it is a great product. There are great additions to it (radio, usb, cd drive), but as a record player itself, you're better off using this money towards a different player.
Downside: There's no headphone jack, no audio out. Plus, with the fact that there's a built in speaker, you'd expect there to be options to adjust the bass and treble. There isn't.

For newbies that are just starting out with vinyl, it could be a nice turntable to get started with. It's fully automatic after all. But if you want something experienced, don't spend your money on this.
on July 14, 2016
I'll be honest -- I bought this record player because I liked its unique and classic look. And it's true that it looks just as good in person. This is a gorgeous record player.

The good news first: the radio works great, and I liked the sound. It played a few of my old records just fine.

Then I tried playing one of my new records, and the needle skipped every couple seconds. I quickly stopped the record, cleaned it, and tried again. Still skipped.

Even then I had to decide if I wanted to return it, as 98% of my record collection is old vinyl from garage sales and used book stores. I only own a few new records. But the idea of never playing them -- or any new ones I might buy in the future -- was sad, so I decided to find one that could play all of my collection.

Luckily, the seller made the return process quick and painless. They paid for the return shipping and gave me a full refund as soon as I dropped the record player off at the UPS store.
on February 7, 2014
I sort of want to give this product 4 stars but I have to be honest and admit that the product is EXACTLY what was advertised. I spent a lot of time researching different products and I feel quite happy with this one. Frankly, I'm surprised by the amount of people who supposedly got a bad player (ie: turntable not working) and I have to wonder if they are just trolls posting on here to knock down the amount of stars this product has? But I digress... this product looks great-- I love love love the real wood, it's a super classy touch. I love how easy it is to use. Radio and cd's and records all sound... great? True, I wish this player allowed you to control the tone/bass but what can you do? You can't have it all. I'm able to turn up the sound pretty loud and sing with the music or just dance and it's great fun.

Be warned: listening to older records may be a bit of a shock as the sound is less than great but this isn't the fault of the player. Example: I have an original pressing of the musical 'Oliver!' and some of the songs I have to turn the volume down as the sound isn't very good. BUT-- when I listen to Prince's 'Purple Rain', you can really crank up the sound as the music is just about perfect! I think it all has to do with the quality of the record and/or the recording. I have some new music on order for vinyl (Mumford and Sons) and I can't wait to hear what that sounds like. Listening to CD's and radio have no issues and you can turn up the sound pretty loud and it sounds great!!

So at any rate-- don't buy this if you have been coddled by your 5.1 Dolby sound system as you will be disappointed. It's a free-standing unit meant to be used on it's own without the ability to hook it up to your existing system. Buy this for what it is: a great looking, great playing, all-in-one player that you'll want to sing your heart out to while listening to the original 'Jesus Christ Superstar' on vinyl.
on March 5, 2017
Love it! I was looking for a model that had internal speakers, played vinyl and could be connected to a computer or phone to play downloaded music. This does all of the above. It is SO wonderful to be able to listen to the vinyl again! Many extra options too. The speakers sound really good too considering it is an all in one unit. I've gotten many compliment on the look of it. It's retro without going too kitschy and very well made. Doesn't take up too much room and looks nice sitting out. One tiny little complaint is that the labels on the buttons (AM/FM, CD, play, etc.) are all raised metal on metal. So, they are hard to see without bright light. I also wanted bluetooth. But, nothing affered that and high sound quality. This player offers a port for .mps plays which was good enough. I looked at many different players, going for nicer and nicer options as I did more research, mostly because of negative feedback on the sound quality of other models. Finally decided on this one and have never regretted it. It's been a beautiful addition to my home inspiring multiple dance offs and slow dances alike.
on July 6, 2017
Solid Performer.

If you are like me you check these reviews and then find them all suspect.

If you're looking for a player to play your old records or maybe some new ones, have confidence in this player. I do not write reviews, but I am beyond pleased with this one.

DO NOT waste your time and energy on the suitcase type players in the $40-50 range. I bought and returned two different ones...they are basically junk.

If you like the styling on this one, and I do, then get it. It is solid, has exceptional sound for a stand alone player and has great versatility with the radio and CD player. If you are hesitant, don't be, go ahead and pull the trigger. The sound is full and rich. I play it at about level 4 (of 10) and usually if s myself turning it down when folks are talking because it is too loud, If you are looking for HUGE HiFi sound this may not be for you, but for a normal person, this player is great. You will be pleased.