Shop Auto Winter Products Salon Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop STEM Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video  Three new members of the Echo family Save $50 on All-New Fire HD 10. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now HTL17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 1,001 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,123 reviews
on November 25, 2013
Beautiful Electrohome® SignatureTM Retro Hi-Fi Stereo System with Record Player, CD, MP3 CDs, MP3, AM/FM, Vinyl-to-MP3 (EANOS700)really value for money even though I had to pay shipping charges of $200 by VP SG to send to my home in Singapore.The sound is superb and the look of High-quality handcrafted wood cabinetry is amazing.
55 comments| 407 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 20, 2015
I am very pleased with this record player. I was hesitant to purchase it because of some of the other reviews I had seen, but decided to give it a try because there were also a lot of positive reviews as well. I have not had a record player since the mid 80's, but still had a collection of records that I wanted to be able to play. Secondarily, I wanted a CD player in the living room. anything beyond that was gravy for me.I ill admit that I fell in love with the style of this one.

First - this is a solid, heavy piece. It is made out of solid wood (not particle board) and is stained in walnut finish. It looks fantastic. The cloth covering the speakers has little tiny notes on it - you can only see them if you re really close.All you have to do to get started is remove all the packing material, tighten one screw on the record player and plug it in.

I have used all the playback functions except the AUX to plug in an iPad or phone - I have all my digital music on a USB drive and play it that way.The record player worked great for me. I have a collection of records from the 70's and 80's. The record player played all these records without issue. Some of my records are in pristine shape and sound great - others are in horrible shape with scratches and skips - but they still play. I don't have any new vinyl, so I can't say for certain how it would work on new record.

The AM and FM radio work fine and I had no need to un-spool the FM antenna.

The speakers are great. It is true stereo sound. All I had to do was put on a Ray Conniff Christmas album to tell that sound was coming out of different channels. These are not DJ super quality Dr Dre speakers, but they are better than what I would have expected from the player. They can fill up my entire house with clear, quality sound.

The only failing I could find with the player is the CD drawer. It's a bit thin and flimsy and I can see that it could break easily. Just be careful with the drawer. This is the reason for 4 stars instead of 5.

The remote works on the CD setting and the when I am playing from a USB drive.

I have not yet tried to record from vinyl to USB, but for me, that was not the reason I purchased the unit.

All in all, I am very happy with the unit and I would recommend it.
review imagereview imagereview image
Enthusiast: Campingon December 22, 2014
This is a nice product, but the sound needs some work. We don't use it much for the CD player or it's recording features, basically for it's LP player. My wife really liked the design, as the design played a very big role on choosing this product. The look and feel is good. The case is nice and fits well with the design we have and seems to be holding up after almost a year. That being said, the sound is "tingy" and has almost no low-end at all. It's equivalent to a stock 1980' car stereo IMO.

I've read some bad reviews of the integrity of the product, but we have had no issues with it's functionality. It was packaged and shipped well. It plays well and does what was expected. The only issue was that the sound didn't have as much range as I expected. I didn't expect much, but this was a bit of a disappointment.

That being said, there can be some value to someone who wants to use this in a smaller room. I believe the ideal space for this product is for a small office/den or sitting room. I have this sitting in a family room where we have a large collection of records. It almost seems the room eats away at the sound because you have to turn it up to fill the room. In a smaller space, I believe the sound would be better. (Please keep this in mind when utilizing my review.)
on February 17, 2017
First, the good: Looks are mid-century and a conversation piece. It's well constructed and hefty, but do not let an 8 year old play records if you want it to last. I'm sure it's not all wood. It LOOKS like wood, but run your hand over it and it feels like some poly-clad particle board, however, as I said it seems to be well constructed. The backlight on the radio is retro and warm looking, unlike cold digital freq. readouts. Reception is good, but I live in an urban center. Memory stick works as does CD player, altho' the CD tray is pretty flimsy and would be very easy to break. The patina on the faceplate is old school and integrates well in the overall design concept. The speaker grill fabric is of the type you would expect to see on an authentic 40s or 50s piece. Now, the not so good: Turntable is cheap looking, feeling and not well constructed. I have not had a problem with skipping, maybe because I only play cleaned 45 rpm & 33 1/3 rpm records pressed in the fifties and sixties. My main system in my living room is quite expensive with my $2,000 turntable and cartridge, so we are not comparing apples to apples here. The sound quality of the records is pretty abysmal, CDs and FM are much better, but the four speakers are cheap and sound it. You will not get "stereo" sound or even high-fidelity from records. Of course, sound quality is subjective. One glaring mistake is there are no e.q. controls: no treble or bass boost or even a "tone" control. You can't tailor the sound at all. What you hear is about all you'll get. It does have some punch to it, but the louder you turn it up, the more your ears hurt. Bottom line: It is fun to play with and look at. I keep it in my "man cave" and play my old records on it, some I've had since 1964. I keep the volume low, tho'. If you want to get into vinyl again or for the first time, this is NOT the piece of equipment you'll need. A decent entry-level turntable is at least $300-$400 so if you're serious about the superior sound quality of vinyl, spring for a decent one. If you're looking for home décor comments, this will do it. Just don't expect it to jump through any hoops.
on June 27, 2016
Do not purchase this record player, or if you do get the extended warranty. The warranty is only good for one year, and unfortunately, my unit after a year and a half decided to completely stop working. I chatted with technical support and all they said was take it to a repair shop. If I knew I was going to have to repair a $200 unit after a year I would not have bought this. It sad because I liked the unit (when it was working).
on July 29, 2016
I'm the "tech-y" one in my family; I built my own computer years ago, I am in charge of setting up any new electronics and showing people how to use them, I'm the troubleshooter, and, of course, I've set up quite a few audio systems. Complicated ones with lots of wires.

The Electrohome has very few wires. In fact, it's VERY simple to set up!

But don't be like me. Ok? Just read everything. Because I told my VERY sad toddler on the day that we got it that the record player wasn't working. This, after I screwed in the transit screw, switched to the correct speed setting, and couldn't get the turntable to move!!!

By the way, I contacted Electrohome customer service, and they were nothing but nice. If I ever have to contact them again, I know that they'll be helpful. But back to my story.

I realized after about a week of fiddling with it (and actually starting the Amazon return process) that I neglected to push the "PHONO" button on the front of the device. Yup. Tech-y. That's me. Anyway, suddenly the turntable sprung to life, and we were able to listen to the Sesame Street Birthday Album again! Hooray!

But seriously, all joking aside, this is a gorgeous piece of equipment, and goes well in my midcentury-inspired home. It's what caught my eye to begin with; this LOOKS like a record player that could have been owned by my grandparents in the sixties. The cabinet is thick, and sturdy; if it's not actually wood, I can't tell. The styling is spot on, and the controls feel substantial enough that I don't think they'll be breaking any time soon (that's a compliment in today's disposable world!).

Beyond that, the sound quality is far greater than I would have expected from such a small system. I haven't felt the need to turn it all the way up, so I can't speak to any distortion at higher levels (which is common in small systems), but at low levels both the CD and record playback is clear and well-balanced. The turntable starts automatically when you move the arm toward it, and using it is pretty much foolproof (once you figure out how to push the button, of course!). Records sound warm, just as they're supposed to. The CD player has a few simple options. The radio is easy to tune and actually does a better job of tuning than my old all-digital system did. I haven't plugged in an auxiliary device through the USB port, yet, but I'm glad that the option exists, as we listen to a lot of Spotify and Pandora.

I'm totally thrilled that I didn't need to return this piece, because seeing it in my living room makes me smile, and using it is a joy. This is an excellent choice for an all-in-one record and CD player, and well-priced for the high quality.
on July 15, 2016
This product, along with all of the "all-in-one" record players appear to be subpar pieces of... equipment. I spent a couple weeks researching different record players to buy for my new home and decided this unit is the best option. My girlfriend and I submitted our order and the unit promptly arrived via Prime shipping.

We got it, tooks it out of the packing and marveled at our new purchase!

We promptly grabbed one of our favorite records and gave it a spin... not too bad. Some of our newer vinyl skipped here and there but nothing absolutely ridiculous.

Right when I made the comment, "we must have gotten a solid unit, not a dud like we read about in the reviews" we tried to play a CD.

Joke is on me!!!!!!! We switched to the CD player, pressed open and inserted a store bought, clean CD. The CD immediately ejected?!?!?

That was odd, press close again.... oh wait it will not retreat back into the record player.

We turned the machine off and on again and the CD tray would not return. We nudged the tray and it returned for about 10 second then jumped out again. We nudged it back to it would return and quickly switched to the radio. All was fine. At this point I was very frustrated but could deal with it having a non-functional CD player as it was the least useful part for me. We listened to the radio for a while (100.3 The Sound) then decided to try another record, mistake!!!

When we switched to the record component the CD tray popped out again. So we are not at a point where when listening to records the CD tray will pop out and stay out regardless. On the CD function the CD tray will stay out and cannot/ will not play CDs. The tray out/ tray in button does not work as well.

Now when I go to put a record on it looks like my record player is sticking its tongue out at me. I am furious to say the least. This is a poorly made product and I am baffled this got past QA.

TTL;DR
I purchased this unit here on amazon. It came on time, played records OK but the CD PLAYER ARRIVED BROKEN! WHEN IN CD or PHONO THE CD TRAY WILL SPONTANEOUSLY POP OUT AND WILL NOT GO BACK IN

THE CD PLAYER NEVER WORKED, IT ARRIVED BROKEN. \

An absolute joke. What a joke! I am in the process of returning the unit. I am going to give them a chance to keep my business by requesting a replacement. If the replacement goes bad I will be sure to tell my friends to avoid any and all Electrohome products.
on May 18, 2017
Yes, it is a great product. There are great additions to it (radio, usb, cd drive), but as a record player itself, you're better off using this money towards a different player.
Downside: There's no headphone jack, no audio out. Plus, with the fact that there's a built in speaker, you'd expect there to be options to adjust the bass and treble. There isn't.

For newbies that are just starting out with vinyl, it could be a nice turntable to get started with. It's fully automatic after all. But if you want something experienced, don't spend your money on this.
on July 14, 2016
I'll be honest -- I bought this record player because I liked its unique and classic look. And it's true that it looks just as good in person. This is a gorgeous record player.

The good news first: the radio works great, and I liked the sound. It played a few of my old records just fine.

Then I tried playing one of my new records, and the needle skipped every couple seconds. I quickly stopped the record, cleaned it, and tried again. Still skipped.

Even then I had to decide if I wanted to return it, as 98% of my record collection is old vinyl from garage sales and used book stores. I only own a few new records. But the idea of never playing them -- or any new ones I might buy in the future -- was sad, so I decided to find one that could play all of my collection.

Luckily, the seller made the return process quick and painless. They paid for the return shipping and gave me a full refund as soon as I dropped the record player off at the UPS store.
on February 7, 2014
I sort of want to give this product 4 stars but I have to be honest and admit that the product is EXACTLY what was advertised. I spent a lot of time researching different products and I feel quite happy with this one. Frankly, I'm surprised by the amount of people who supposedly got a bad player (ie: turntable not working) and I have to wonder if they are just trolls posting on here to knock down the amount of stars this product has? But I digress... this product looks great-- I love love love the real wood, it's a super classy touch. I love how easy it is to use. Radio and cd's and records all sound... great? True, I wish this player allowed you to control the tone/bass but what can you do? You can't have it all. I'm able to turn up the sound pretty loud and sing with the music or just dance and it's great fun.

Be warned: listening to older records may be a bit of a shock as the sound is less than great but this isn't the fault of the player. Example: I have an original pressing of the musical 'Oliver!' and some of the songs I have to turn the volume down as the sound isn't very good. BUT-- when I listen to Prince's 'Purple Rain', you can really crank up the sound as the music is just about perfect! I think it all has to do with the quality of the record and/or the recording. I have some new music on order for vinyl (Mumford and Sons) and I can't wait to hear what that sounds like. Listening to CD's and radio have no issues and you can turn up the sound pretty loud and it sounds great!!

So at any rate-- don't buy this if you have been coddled by your 5.1 Dolby sound system as you will be disappointed. It's a free-standing unit meant to be used on it's own without the ability to hook it up to your existing system. Buy this for what it is: a great looking, great playing, all-in-one player that you'll want to sing your heart out to while listening to the original 'Jesus Christ Superstar' on vinyl.