Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "Electrolux UltraCaptic, Bagless Canister Vacuum EL..." and save 28% off the $699.99 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ $21.24 shipping
Electrolux UltraCaptic, Bagless Canister Vacuum EL4650A
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Compact and Go Dust Cup
- Deep Clean powerhead for all floors
- Premium HEPA filtration
- Compact and Go Dust Cup
- DeepClean powerhead for all floors
- Never loses suction
- Premium HEPA filration
- 21-foot cord rewind
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers also shopped for
Special offers and product promotions
From the manufacturer
Powerful Cleaning. Disposal That’s A Piece Of Cake.
The Electrolux UltraCaptic canister is a powerful, all-surface, bagless cleaner that literally makes emptying the dust-cup a piece of cake. Empty less often with Compact and Go, a feature that compresses dirt, dust and pet hair into a tidy, easy-empty dirt cake.
A thorough clean for all floors - the DeepClean powerhead with motorized brushroll cleans all the floor surfaces in your home. It does not lose suction* with the multi-cyclonic system that provides continuous suction power to thoroughly clean your home. Premium HEPA filtration removes 99.97% of dust and allergens from the air in your home.
- Adjustable floor nozzle for cleaning low level carpets and hard floor surfaces
- 21-foot automatic cord rewind
- On-board 3-in-1 combination tool and deluxe floor brush
- Telescopic wand for extended cleaning reach
- Headlight illuminates cleaning path
- Crushproof 9-foot hose
- 10" cleaning path
The Electrolux UltraCaptic canister is a powerful, all-surface, bag less cleaner that literally makes emptying the dust-cup a piece of cake. Empty less often with Compact and Go, a feature that compresses dirt, dust and pet hair into a tidy, easy-empty dirt cake.
Compare to similar items
This item Electrolux UltraCaptic, Bagless Canister Vacuum EL4650A
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||
Exclusively for Prime members
|FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Gur-Ver||Think BIG||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||MAIN SOURCE|
|Item Dimensions||24 x 16.12 x 18.2 in||11.5 x 13 x 20 in||15.1 x 11.8 x 13.5 in||10.5 x 16.5 x 9.25 in||12 x 16 x 10 in||23.75 x 15.5 x 12.13 in|
|Item Weight||15 lbs||11.6 lbs||10 lbs||13.4 lbs||10.9 lbs||—|
|Additional Features||HEPA filter||Self-cleaning brush roll||Multi-cyclonic technology||HEPA filter and Hygienic filtration||—||Telescopic wand and Lightweight|
Top Customer Reviews
Without a doubt, this is the best bagless option I’ve worked with. The dirt chamber is very easy to remove and replace, and it’s easy to dump the contents without creating a dust storm; no more having to go out to the garage to empty the vacuum cleaner. I do have to fuss a bit to get all the pet hair out, though. I haven’t been a big fan of bagless models, but as more and more manufacturers are making replacement bags more and more expensive, I like the idea more and more.
The documentation is only so-so, and you’ll spend some time just messing with the vacuum to figure out how everything goes together. It’s not hard, but the manual doesn’t make it any easier. In their efforts to make it work for every user in every country by minimizing the use of written language, they’ve managed to make it work poorly for everyone.
The filtering is excellent. They recommend replacing the three different, easily accessed filters every two years, and I’m sure that won’t be nearly as costly as two years’ worth of bags (not to mention that most bagged vacuums also have extra filters that need to be replaced).
I like the appearance of the UltraCaptic, but it’s a little awkward to use. The hose is stiff and somewhat unwieldy, and the weight of the hose tends to over-balance the power head, making the wand and power head tip over when storing the vac unless you have it propped just right. The low front also makes the vacuum just right for getting caught easily under the edges of furniture. The power head works very well and rolls relatively easily on carpet, although the canister doesn’t follow as well as I’d like (more from the awkward hose than the body of the machine, I think). It certainly won’t be inspiring me to vacuum in a cocktail dress and high heels (in all fairness, I can’t think of anything that would! Maybe enough champagne….)
Having both a power head and separate bare floor brush makes it more versatile, especially since most of my house has hardwood floors and tile. The other, “three-way” tool is clever, but it makes for a very small crevice tool and brush, and since it’s a friction fit, it tends to come off when I’m using it on upholstery.
The suction is excellent and the build quality is outstanding. The cord retractor works flawlessly – a seemingly insignificant item until you’ve lived with one that doesn’t. You can look at vacuum cleaners all day long at this price point, that’s for sure. If you prefer a bagless model, I think this is one of your better options.
1. Suction is very good and does a great job of picking up dirt and dust. For that I certainly give it 5 stars.
2. Well made, high quality materials
3. The retractable cord is smooth and operates well (It could be longer...)
4. The dust container is less messy than Dyson
5. Quiet operation
6. Nice wide floor brush attachment
7. Telescoping wand .....operates smoothly
1. In my opinion this electrolux has a BAD HOSE POSITION DESIGN. The hose attaches from the side and moves around from the side to the front where it then plugs into a hole under the dust/dirt compartment near the floor. Study the photos plus watch the video and note the L/S turn in the hose from the point under the dust canister. This fights against you and limits the mobility range of the hose. About 2 feet or so of the hose wants to stay near the floor instead of come up higher where it could be more mobile and accommodating to the user. Perhaps I would not have noticed this had I not been a Miele user for many years, and to me this is a major inconvenience/flaw.
The bit of "side hose" I believe contributes to drag on my carpet. I have used it on thicker/longer carpet as well as low commercial type carpet. It is fairly easy to move around on the low commercial carpet but with the longer thick carpet it's a real drag.
On my Miele canister, the hose attaches on top of the canister and swivels as I work. It works WITH me, not against me. Not so with this model. I end up stepping over the hose a lot.
2. It's quite heavy which would be fine if it were easier to maneuver on carpeting, but the combination of user unfriendly awkwardness coupled with weight of the canister make it a real pain to manipulate on my thick carpet.
3. Using the round brush attachment is awkward and wrist aggravating, uncomfortable, and straining after a while. It's stationary and doesn't swivel, and the ergonomics cause wrist fatigue fairly quickly.
Based on my past experiences with vacuums, and for the price compared to other canisters (Miele being a favorite...) I would not choose the Electrolux canister again because I find it to be cumbersome and uncomfortable to maneuver and handle. Granted it does a fine job in the suction department. Five stars for that. It really picks up a lot of dirt.
Although having the appearance of a high quality canister, it is awkward to use.
There are better vacuums out there for the price or less that are much more user friendly...Like a lesser expensive Miele, hands down.
Also crevice tool is too wide and clunky.
Update July 9 2014:
I've upgraded this vacuum from 3.75 to 4 due to it's fabulous suction and cleaning ability, in spite of finding awkward to use in some instances.
I still think it's a bit overpriced, but the suction is great and I'm getting a lot of dirt/ dust/pet hair pickup. If you are in the market for a Dyson, I would certainly check the Electrolux out to compare the two. The Electrolux has better suction than Dyson. (I have a Dyson and my Mom has an Animal) I personally prefer Miele, but this little Electrolux does a thorough job in the suction department comparable to my Miele Blue Moon.