Amazon Vehicles Beauty Trade in your textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Shop Popular Services americangods americangods americangods  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis GNO National Bike Month on Amazon Ellen

Platform: PC Download|Change
Price:$19.74

Showing 1-10 of 613 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 716 reviews
on December 14, 2016
This game should be called "king of graphics"... this game looks freaking amazing... I died numerous times because I got so distracted just looking around lol... I was like.. "guys can you quit shooting.. I am just trying to look around" with my Titan X Pascal I am getting over 120fps.. on this beautiful insane game... and the enjoyment.. is just wow...

Make sure you have a good PC... before you play this... this game deserves respect! and a PC with Windows 98 is not RESPECT!
on November 26, 2014
In comparison to the last two games, a lot of people found Crysis 3 to be a let-down. I have played all three games and I still enjoyed Crysis 3.

From an unbiased perspective, Crysis 3 is a fun action shooter and still has many of the elements that made the older games fun, such as the stealth (invisibility) and run-and-gun (armored) techniques. The AI isn't the best you'll ever encounter in a AAA title, but it could be much worse and I actually had a little difficulty on the "super-soldier" difficulty.

The graphics are - as most people know - beautiful. It does, however, use a bit too many effects at times which can make it look like a cartoon, but it doesn't ruin the experience in any way. A powerful PC will be needed to touch the maximum settings as my FPS would struggle in some areas, even when using an AMD FX-8350 and Radeon R9 290.

The multiplayer is fun to pick up from time to time as I typically don't have the time I'd like to put into multiplayer. Overall I have put in a few hours and had fun with it but if you a used to other games like Battlefield or Call of Duty, you may find that your mileage varies.

Overall it's a fun game and one that I'd recommend for anyone who enjoys shooters. I love stealth games and Crysis has always done it pretty well so it was a fun experience for me. The only other thing I can think of that might turn people off is the Origin client, as some people hate it. Otherwise, I'd recommend it.
on March 20, 2016
I loved this game. I bought it to try and challenge my PC upgrades (GTX 970 4GB, 24GB RAM, i5 3.2Ghz) and it did not disappoint. It was a bit short, in fact I played it straight through in about 7 hours, on a lower difficulty setting. Visually the game is stunning. I did feel that there were a bit too many cut scenes. That said, the addition of the bow was awesome. And having to go and collect the arrows from the dead so you don't run out was awesome. I love that this series allows for so many different ways to complete the tasks with the suit's capabilities you can go full stealth or just run and gun. I like the addition of the suit upgrades as well. Overall I enjoyed this one more than Crysis 1 or 2. Will definitely be playing it again and again.
on June 12, 2013
Well, this is it. I waited years and years after playing the first Crysis to feed my hunger for stunning visuals, great gameplay, and intriguing storylines. Crysis 3 exceeded my expectations for every one of these categories:

1 - Visuals
When I heard that Crysis 3 would be using the same engine as Crysis 2, I was initially disappointed. The difference in graphic quality between the first and second installments of Crysis were incredibly apparent and it seemed as though the third installment wouldn't have that same leap, although once again, Crytek proved me wrong. Crysis 3 distances itself from it's predecessors with it's amazing lighting. The way the sun hits your visor makes you cry, and die, during the game because it's so breathtaking. When your gun passes lights, it bends around to create the rainbow effect just like in real life. These graphics CAN NOT be equaled in any other game.

2 - Gameplay
Once again, the introduction of the compound bow was startling for me. It seemed as though Crytek were taking a step back in their progression. I thought that same thing all the way until I started using the bow... then it became my closest friend. Sniping suddenly becomes a thing of the past, it's all about the bow and arrow now. Crytek contrasted Crysis 2's close-quarter combat with stunning open fields and complexes, filled with lots and lots of enemies to take down. At times the gameplay can get quite chaotic, but then again, that just makes the experience more realistic. Another upgrade from Crysis 2 is the re-introduction of the use of Ceph weaponry, as well as the streamlining of the more rare guns such as the L-Tag, Gauss Rifle, etc. (all of which were very rarely allowed in Crysis 2). In short, Crysis 3 did everything with their gameplay that we were hoping they'd do; they brought the fun from the original Crysis back and made it even more interesting!

3 - Storyline
I have always applauded the Crysis series for it's intriguing storyline. We all know that the alien invasion has been used endlessly in movies, videogames, books, and every other type of media possible, but somehow Crytek have been able to make it completely original about it. Crysis 3 has, by far, the most integral videogame storyline that I have ever encountered, with pages and pages of "data" that you can pick up to fill in the gaps between the first and second games. The Ceph are explained like never before in a very realistic way that makes me even wonder if they aren't out there right now, waiting to pounce on our planet like a plague. As the story unfolds in the game, and twists are revealed, the gamer becomes completely immersed in the futuristic reality of the earth and it's perilous state. The ending is very dramatic and fulfilling; it almost made me forget that I won't be seeing any new Crysis games in the future, almost... (although I can't wait to see what Crytek come up with next)
on July 16, 2016
Well I have to say crysis 1 and crysis warhead beat both 2 & 3. But Crysis #2 is the worst.
Crysis 3 is good! I liked the bow. I will play it again.
The story line is very confusing and is really not a continuity. They could do a better job. What I liked in crysis 1 and warhead that the other two lacked.. was the realistic gameplay and by that I mean. how the objects react to certain things like explosions and stuff. crysis 2 for example. you throw grenades/bazookas on buildings/objects and they dont get affected. crysis 1 is more realistic in that matter and I like that in a game like this.
Also i dont like in crysis 2 & 3 that you can not save whenever you want. unless there is an option about that that I missed.
overall crysis 3 is ok and I would play it again. Crysis 2 Nope. and Crysis 1 is the best for me.
on January 5, 2015
When I first bought this game ages ago, I couldnt get it running. Turns out the issue was between EA and Nvidia. After a while they fixed it but it took me some time to come back to it.

You need Origin to play this game on the PC (like any EA game now), but I was surprised they did not try and force feed me any other 3rd party software like so often happens with EA games.

This game starts out where 2 left off.... sort of. At the beginning its a bit rough and tumble and starting out in a stormy dark environment does little to excite. However eventually Its visual beauty draws you in and holds you. I LOVED their vision of New York and explored as much as I could, sometimes just to take in a new view. The game flows reasonably well, although occasionally you are left wondering how you got to a certain point, and questioning if the game skipped a scene or chapter. There are also times when you feel herded along instead of being allowed to explore the landscape. Why set up such a beautiful landscape if you dont really let the player fully experience it. In addition, even if you do explore, there is little beyond the "path" to find beyond a view or simple adventure. No hidden treasures, items, or stuff.

Spoiler Alert Incoming:

The scanner/cloak combo basically makes this game a cakewalk most of the time. Simply pause before you enter a new area... cloak... scan and highlight everything in the area, turn the scanner off.. then you permanently know where all enemies and items are. After that you just move from cover to cover with cloak and just wreck everything and they never have a clue where you are shooting from next. With the bow allowing you to stay cloaked it makes it even easier. I found that both fun and disappointing at the same time. I love cloak killing, but combining it with the scanner just felt like cheating.

I also felt like the story had holes and jumped around a bit, and while interesting, did not hold you. The characters were for a most part, completely unlikable, which seems to be a theme with the Crysis series. I couldn't stand basically anybody and at times found myself telling psycho (your partner at times) to shut up already. His voice acting and dialog sucks. The boss fights felt fairly simplistic although on the hardest settings they may be really tough due to their design of throwing a lot at you at once, but the final boss fight was fairly underwhelming and the layout of the fight is just a disaster. It was like running through mud. The fact that the bow is such an important item throughout the game was something I enjoyed a lot (loved bow killing in tomb raider). But at the end of the day it seemed as if it could of been your only weapon if only you could of carried more then 9 arrows at a time (although you can pick them up). It also played a far too important role in the final fight.

All in all Crysis 3 is enjoyable, although it lacks almost any re-playability. I would of rated it 4 stars except for one thing. It does not hold you captive. Apart from needing to hit checkpoints to save, I felt as if I could take a break anytime and was not sucked into the game to the point where I did not want to stop playing. In fact, at points in the game I just wanted to get to the next checkpoint so I could take a break and go play something else or watch some TV or something. Thats not a good sign when a game does not suck you in. I was sucked in for Crysis 2, so something changed for Crysis 3.

Final little note... at times the visual stimulation of this game was just intense. The combination of your occasional suit powerups, the crazy lighting, HUD, energy forces, Cloaking, Scanner, and more... could at times combine to nearly blind you to what was happening around you. It lessened my enjoyment of the game to be honest.
on April 7, 2015
Good game. Not as good or free-roaming or groundbreaking as the original or Warhead, but a solid step up from Crysis 2. Also, if you enjoyed the series so far, this one offers a satisfying ending to the series and to Prophet, Psycho, and Raptor Team's saga.

I docked a star because I saw this game for $9.99 on Origin, but everyone hates Origin's stupid proprietary stand-alone Steam-wannabe application, so I decided to buy it here on Amazon for $19.99, only to have Amazon make me jump through their own hoops, only to then turn around and force me to download F(_)CKING ORIGIN ANYWAY in order to download the game I bought from Amazon specifically to avoid having to interact with Origin. So they basically ripped me off for $10. If I'd known I had to download Origin no matter what, I probably would have just pirated the game, just to spite Origin. God I hate Origin. So much. And now Amazon is on my sh!t-list for selling me an Origin game at double the cost of Origin's price, and then having the audacity to force me to download Origin and enter my $19.99 key-code in Origin while staring at the $9.99 Crysis 3 sale banner. Don't buy Crysis 3 here if you can find it cheaper elsewhere.

But Crysis 3 is fun, and does tie up the story with a neat ending. I recommend it if you like FPS games, a good story, and outstanding graphics (but make sure you have a big GPU for that last one - my Superclocked EVGA 4GB GeForce GTX 970 played it at Very High settings at 1080p with 2X SMAA at about 55-80FPS the whole time).
on December 26, 2014
Let's start off by saying I am a huge fan of the Crysis series. I still think Crysis 1 was the best, but Crysis 3 is certainly an excellent addition to the series. I purchased this recently at an incredible price ($4 bucks!) and enjoyed the game. First time using Origin and had no problems installing or playing. All my other games are thru Steam so I am pleasantly surprised.

Note: Playing on a gaming PC I built about 4-5 years ago. AMD Phenom X4 965 BE, 4GB RAM, GeFORCE GTX 470 GPU, 256 Samsung SSD, Windows 8.1, Logitech G430 Headphones result in the game looking amazing and running smoothly on High settings. GPU fan certainly gets loud though!

Graphics/Sound:
The franchise is know for great graphics so expect nothing but beauty here. Everything from the characters, enemies, shooting effects, and backgrounds look polished and stunning. The sound effects, music and voice acting helps deliver an immersive gaming experience

Gameplay
Slightly tweaked as you can shoot "from the hip" a lot easier instead of using the sights. It makes for more action oriented, guns blazing gameplay if you want to breeze through an area. They tried to add elements like hacking into gun turrets to control them, but the "hacking" is boring/simplistic and in many cases, not worth it.

The campaign was short (6-8 hours) but more enjoyable than Crysis 2, but not as good as Crysis 1. I didn't expect an overly deep plot here, but there are times where the story leaves you scratching your head. The gameplay kept me engaged enough to forgive the plot holes though.

Overall, I'd highly recommend giving Crysis 3 a shot, especially if you are a fan of the series. I haven't had any performance issues with the game (even running on an older rig) and Origin seems to work fine for me.
on August 15, 2015
The Game itself is good. But the installation of the game from the two disc that it came with is very problematic. When you try to install from the disc it automatically start to download the game which makes no sense what so ever. I went on all the forums searching for a solutions to this problem and realized that it was a problem to a number of other people who bought the game on DVD's.You are bombarded with all sort of solutions you then have to try them all to see which one works for you , and the game makers don't make it any easier for you. It seems like Origin just don't want you to have a pleasurable experience when installing their games.
on February 17, 2015
Crysis 3 plays identical to Crysis 2. I don't think anything, in terms of gameplay has changed. Suit powers and weapons remain the same. The graphics does look better than its predecessor, so it has that going for it. So if you played the second game, this will be deja vu; which is either a good or bad thing.

For me, a good story-line within a video game is what keeps me intrigued and engaged. But this game lacks coherency, with many plot holes and the likes. Questions that I kept asking are what happened to the US government/military, why am I a rebel and this story/plot makes no sense. None of the characters are memorable.

As for game performance, it runs smoothly on my PC on MAX settings at 2560x1440. I haven't noticed any considerable drops in frame. Also of note, I did have issue running the game while my video cards were overclocked. They lagged and crashed constantly, so I reset to the default clocks and the game ran fine afterwards.

Overall, Crysis 3 is definitely better than Aliens CM, so if you had to chose. I would recommend this game but I suggest waiting for a price drop, there's nothing noteworthy or a must play in my eyes.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.