Spring Deals Automotive Best Books of the Month Casual Friday Style nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Prime exclusive: $24.99 for a limited time Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Dot Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now TG18SW_gno

on July 16, 2016
I have Crysis on DVD and I downloaded Crysis Warhead from Amazon (both decent games). I just recently downloaded Crysis 3 and I really don't care for it. The graphics aren't near as good as the two other Crysis games I have and the controls are "bouncy" (for want of another word). No matter how I adjust the mouse and keyboard controls nothing helps, so I am convinced it's the game. Also I am not a fan of Origin or Steam. I know they need to secure their games from pirates but I long for the old days when you could purchase the game, register it and that was the end of it. Anyway if I had to do it over again I would not have purchased this game. Live and learn.
on December 26, 2014
Let's start off by saying I am a huge fan of the Crysis series. I still think Crysis 1 was the best, but Crysis 3 is certainly an excellent addition to the series. I purchased this recently at an incredible price ($4 bucks!) and enjoyed the game. First time using Origin and had no problems installing or playing. All my other games are thru Steam so I am pleasantly surprised.

Note: Playing on a gaming PC I built about 4-5 years ago. AMD Phenom X4 965 BE, 4GB RAM, GeFORCE GTX 470 GPU, 256 Samsung SSD, Windows 8.1, Logitech G430 Headphones result in the game looking amazing and running smoothly on High settings. GPU fan certainly gets loud though!

The franchise is know for great graphics so expect nothing but beauty here. Everything from the characters, enemies, shooting effects, and backgrounds look polished and stunning. The sound effects, music and voice acting helps deliver an immersive gaming experience

Slightly tweaked as you can shoot "from the hip" a lot easier instead of using the sights. It makes for more action oriented, guns blazing gameplay if you want to breeze through an area. They tried to add elements like hacking into gun turrets to control them, but the "hacking" is boring/simplistic and in many cases, not worth it.

The campaign was short (6-8 hours) but more enjoyable than Crysis 2, but not as good as Crysis 1. I didn't expect an overly deep plot here, but there are times where the story leaves you scratching your head. The gameplay kept me engaged enough to forgive the plot holes though.

Overall, I'd highly recommend giving Crysis 3 a shot, especially if you are a fan of the series. I haven't had any performance issues with the game (even running on an older rig) and Origin seems to work fine for me.
on March 20, 2016
I loved this game. I bought it to try and challenge my PC upgrades (GTX 970 4GB, 24GB RAM, i5 3.2Ghz) and it did not disappoint. It was a bit short, in fact I played it straight through in about 7 hours, on a lower difficulty setting. Visually the game is stunning. I did feel that there were a bit too many cut scenes. That said, the addition of the bow was awesome. And having to go and collect the arrows from the dead so you don't run out was awesome. I love that this series allows for so many different ways to complete the tasks with the suit's capabilities you can go full stealth or just run and gun. I like the addition of the suit upgrades as well. Overall I enjoyed this one more than Crysis 1 or 2. Will definitely be playing it again and again.
on December 14, 2016
This game should be called "king of graphics"... this game looks freaking amazing... I died numerous times because I got so distracted just looking around lol... I was like.. "guys can you quit shooting.. I am just trying to look around" with my Titan X Pascal I am getting over 120fps.. on this beautiful insane game... and the enjoyment.. is just wow...

Make sure you have a good PC... before you play this... this game deserves respect! and a PC with Windows 98 is not RESPECT!
on February 17, 2015
Crysis 3 plays identical to Crysis 2. I don't think anything, in terms of gameplay has changed. Suit powers and weapons remain the same. The graphics does look better than its predecessor, so it has that going for it. So if you played the second game, this will be deja vu; which is either a good or bad thing.

For me, a good story-line within a video game is what keeps me intrigued and engaged. But this game lacks coherency, with many plot holes and the likes. Questions that I kept asking are what happened to the US government/military, why am I a rebel and this story/plot makes no sense. None of the characters are memorable.

As for game performance, it runs smoothly on my PC on MAX settings at 2560x1440. I haven't noticed any considerable drops in frame. Also of note, I did have issue running the game while my video cards were overclocked. They lagged and crashed constantly, so I reset to the default clocks and the game ran fine afterwards.

Overall, Crysis 3 is definitely better than Aliens CM, so if you had to chose. I would recommend this game but I suggest waiting for a price drop, there's nothing noteworthy or a must play in my eyes.
on May 12, 2014
I really did enjoy the original Crysis game. I loved the island theme and semi-open world design. Crysis 2 was a flop IMO... The urban theme just didn't do anything for me, and the whole alien thing started to get a little old. Crysis 3 shows that Crytek clearly wanted to stay in their comfort zone as many of the design elements were transferred over from Crysis 2. The game does feel a lot more polished than Crysis 2 though, which is nice. The controls are fantastic, and the game is well optimized (running at nearly 99% on both GPU and all four CPU cores). Getting ~26-40 FPS on a GTX 560 @ 1920x1080, "very high" resolution, FXAA, and "high" system specs. Not bad.

Now that Crytek has nailed the technical aspects, they need to be more creative with the setting and storyline. The storyline in Crysis 3 is so dry... The campaign feels over-designed.

All around though, it's not a bad game. It is very beautiful, graphically, and feels well made. They just need to add some spice!
on February 6, 2017
I would strongly advise against buying anything like this. One is not advised that one must set up an Origin account to access the download until you try to download the files. I set up the account and tried to download the files and was informed the provided code was invalid. The only way Origin seems to want to communicate is through a live chat that never responds despite a "less than 5min wait" message that endlessly displays. It seems there is no return on downloaded software so it looks like I just lost the money and maybe infected my system with a bogus account.
on April 4, 2013
I'm an "older" gamer, so my eyes are what they used to be. OK...I'm only 46, but still...my eyes aren't what they used to be.

That is a problem with this game.

I've never been a big shooter fan, but I do like to take a break from RPGs once in a while. When I did most recently, I purchased Far Cry 3. Awesome game. I probably liked it because of its RPG elements, Skyrim-like open world, and play-it-as-fast-or-as-slow-as-you-like style.

Then I saw Crysis 3 was coming out, liked the trailer videos, so preordered it. I downloaded and installed when I was able, and started playing the day it went live.

Graphics are awesome, no doubt. The world is beautifully rendered, and runs smoothly on my liquid-cooled, overclocked i5 rig with GTX 670 FTW card, and the game mounted to a Samsung 830 SSD. I have the settings maxed.

The game play is more forgiving that the military-styled shooters I've played in the past, and it is far less confined to rails as many of those were as well, but it still felt like I had only one avenue available. Weapon upgrades did give me a touch of RPG feel, but not enough to really win me over like Far Cry 3 did. The pace is a little bit fast for me, also, and a tad unforgiving. The environments are also pretty dark at times, and I have difficulty getting focused in on distant targets. The visor HUD helps, but I'm often overrun before I can make effective use of it. But that's OK for someone who likes the genre, but it's really not for me. I'm about 2/3 of the way through, by my estimation, and I will finish it, but probably piece-meal over the next few months.

If you're a shooter fan, I'd wager this game would be to your liking, especially if you like fast-paced affairs. If you're like me and prefer RPG, or RPG/Shooter hybrids like Far Cry 3, you may not get the most enjoyment out of Crysis 3. I don't regret spending the money, however. I give the game a 3.5.
on August 15, 2015
The Game itself is good. But the installation of the game from the two disc that it came with is very problematic. When you try to install from the disc it automatically start to download the game which makes no sense what so ever. I went on all the forums searching for a solutions to this problem and realized that it was a problem to a number of other people who bought the game on DVD's.You are bombarded with all sort of solutions you then have to try them all to see which one works for you , and the game makers don't make it any easier for you. It seems like Origin just don't want you to have a pleasurable experience when installing their games.
on April 22, 2014
I wasn't too keen on having to install EA's Origin software, but I just built my first PC and wanted to see what kind of punishment it can take. Being a long-time fan of the original Crysis, I figured there's no better way to test what it's capable of than with the latest installment in the series.

Let me say it right now - this game looks phenomenally good. The visuals are absolutely incredible. From the way the light gleams in reflections, to the ferocity and boom of a grenade explosions, this game will not disappoint in its aesthetics. I have noticed, however, that it doesn't scale very well. You notice this particularly when moving from in and out of structures. You better have a top-of-the-line graphics card if you plan on turning on anti-aliasing higher than the MSAA 2x setting. I have 2 Radeon HD 7850's in crossfire, and on MSAA 8x, the game went from 32fps indoors down to 12fps outside. I typically keep the game on MSAA 2x, which still has huge jumps in frame rate. I'll be outdoors and the game will run at 28-34fps, then when I move indoors everything will jump to a super-snappy 47-54fps. As much as I love improvement, I wish the game was consistent...because it is kind of distracting.

I won't spoil anything, but the story is 'meh' and the campaign as a whole is quite short (I breezed through it on Veteran mode in about 8 hours). The gameplay itself was fun...but like I said, short. However, as a tech demo for my PC, it wasn't bad (I picked it up about a year after launch for $16). Like other games in the series, Crysis 3 has Xbox 360 controller support, so if you prefer to game like that, Crytek has your back. All-in-all, Crysis 3 is a pretty good game. If you've got the hardware to run it, give it a go!
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.