Your Garage Luxury Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Mother's Day Gifts hgg17 Shop Popular Services victoria victoria victoria  Introducing Echo Look Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis GNO National Bike Month on Amazon disgotg_gno_17

Platform: PC Download|Edition: Standard|Change
Price:$19.46

Showing 1-10 of 228 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 270 reviews
on August 17, 2015
This review is strictly about ordering this game as a PC download from Amazon. I hope the game is awesome but I haven't gotten to play it yet. I bought and downloaded the game. I have never purchased a PC download from Amazon before. Everything goes smoothly until you open the game menu and hit Play. Then a program tells you that it has to check the release date. Takes about 45 seconds to then tell me ERROR, 'Release Check Date Failed'. with no other option then go to a website that then asks you to download a support tool if the game isn't working. Well that program froze and wont download at all. I'm bummed about it all not working and loosing money as I cannot return the product.
review image
on July 31, 2015
This isn't so much a review of the game itself, this is a review of the downloading process as a whole. I do want to state upfront that I don't know how much of this is because of Amazon and how much of this is because of the game developer. It took hours, HOURS, to download. After that irritation, I expected to just be able to get right into the game, Im a huge DA fanatic, but it made me go through a Release Date Check, something I had never heard of before. I tried doing the date check many times and got an error every time. I had to go through an hour an a half long process with Securom before I was able to do any playing. It was unbelievably frustrating, and would be almost impossible for someone without computer knowledge. Long story short, the whole process took longer and was more frustrating than anything I have done on the computer in a long, LONG while. I apologize to Amazon for them taking any blame that isn't theirs, I just wanted people to know how much of a turn off this whole process was.
on April 30, 2013
This was a great game, and a really great price. It allows many different variations in the events and outcome of the game, and you can vary your characters. This make it more enjoyable to play. I thought the story line was better than most games, and the graphics were impressive. I like the game so much that I purchase a version of my PC and mac, and I can't wait until Dragon Age 3 is released so I can purchase it also.
on March 23, 2017
Don't buy this from amazon. The install is super old and doesn't work (requires backdating your computer clock and then still is a run around that I never got working). Go buy the game from the EA online store or buy a physical copy.
on January 19, 2015
Certainly not as good as the first, and having to use Origin is a little annoying, but a very solid RPG that starts a little slow but finishes pretty strong.
on April 22, 2017
Arrived quickly and as described
on June 30, 2012
To be fair I like the storyline to this game, the items, the spells, and abilities. What I DON'T like is that I was limited in what keys I can use to control my character. Good god, do I really have to use my mouse for everything having to do with moving my character??
on March 12, 2017
can't play the game. it downld ok but it wont setup to play. money down the drain.
on January 4, 2016
nice
on March 14, 2011
First and foremost, I played the first Dragon Age on the PS3 and thought it was a great game. But 2 days before DA2 was released, my PS3 died (red light of death). And I am still not sure if I'm going to replace it or not.

So I got the PC version of DA2. And I must admit that the keyboard / mouse combo is not my favorite and I enjoyed the PS3 gamepad controller better.

I also don't have the graphics card to run DA2 in DirectX 11. But my quad core with 4 gb of ram (32 bit) ran the game just fine and very smooth. I had no problems with lockups or bugs.

But, for me, this game lacked the integrated story of the first one and seemed to be just more menial shorter tasks of running errands for other people instead of an epic adventure like the first Dragon Age. It didn't seem to have the big build up to a grand finale like the first one had. It just seemed much more segmented without any cohesiveness to it. Personally, I think Bioware could have done a better job wit it.

So from that stand point, it felt flat. And I agree wih the other reviews, I was suprised to see the same maps and terrain used over and over. There seemed to be little variety and was just kind of there instead of inspired.

I played straight through for the most part and while it was a decent game overall, I wouldn't put in the great category like I would the first Dragon Age.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.