- Series: McGraw-Hill Handbooks
- Hardcover: 775 pages
- Publisher: McGraw-Hill Education; 4 edition (July 31, 2006)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0071471715
- ISBN-13: 978-0071471718
- Product Dimensions: 6.3 x 1.7 x 9.3 inches
- Shipping Weight: 2.7 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: 5 customer reviews
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #2,028,492 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Electronic Filter Design Handbook, Fourth Edition (McGraw-Hill Handbooks) 4th Edition
Use the Amazon App to scan ISBNs and compare prices.
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and Amazon Prime.
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
"Warlight" by Michael Ondaatje
A dramatic coming-of-age story set in the decade after World War II, "Warlight" is the mesmerizing new novel from the best-selling author of "The English Patient." Learn more
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
From the Back Cover
Keep Up with Major Developments in Electronic Filter Design, including the Latest Advances in Both Analog and Digital Filters
Long-established as "The Bible" of practical electronic filter design, McGraw-Hill's classic Electronic Filter Design Handbook has now been completely revised and updated for a new generation of design engineers.
Packed with more than 200 detailed illustrations, the Fourth Edition features:
- Expert coverage of the full range of filter designs as well as an introduction to microwave filters
- A CD with powerful Excel worksheets that perform calculations from just a few data inputs
- Sophisticated guidelines for selecting state-of-the-art components
- A wealth of helpful examples for all filter types with digital filter examples presented in MATLAB
Inside This "Must-Have" Design Tool:
* Introduction to Modern Network Theory * Selecting the Response Characteristic * Low Pass, High Pass, and Bandpass Filter Design * Band Reject Filters * Networks for the Time Domain * Refinements in LC Filter Design and the Use of Resistive Networks * Selection and Design of Inductors for LC Filters * Component Selection for LC and Active Filters * Normalized Filter Design Tables * Introduction to Digital Filters * Finite Impulse Response, Multi-rate, and Infinite Impulse Response Filters * DSP Technology * Switched Capacitor Filters * Introduction to Microwave Filters * Discrete System Mathematics
About the Author
Arthur Williams is the Chief Scientist at Telebyte, Inc., a developer and manufacturer of broadband test equipment and data communication products. Previously, he was Senior Staff Engineer and Manager of Engineering for Tellabs, Inc. Author of five books and holder of eleven patents, Mr. Williams has served as a consultant to the industry and is currently the Chairman of the IEEE Circuits and Systems (CAS) chapter on Long Island.
Dr. Fred J. Taylor is co-founder and Chairman of the Board of the Athena Group, a DSP semiconductor silicon intellectual property company and education technology innovator. He is also professor of electrical and computer engineering, and computer and information science engineering at the University of Florida. Author of ten books and holder of three patents, Dr. Taylor serves as a consultant to Fortune 500 companies and government agencies.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
The good news is that much additional information is included compared to previous editions.
The bad news is that the printing quality is lower than on previous editions. Many illustrations look like multiple generation photocopies. The binding quality is lower so you will have to be gentle with the book to keep in one piece. To be specific it is a paperback book with stiff covers.
The tables of elliptical filter data has been removed and replaced by a computer program.
It would have been nice to fill the CD with free filter programs available on the web. AADE is a good free LC filter program. Many IC companies have free active filter programs.
There is one blatantly false statement in the book. It claims to be the first easy to understand book on filters ever published. At least as long ago as 1960 there were easy to understand books on filters that also included design tables. One famous one was by Van Valkenburg and another by Kuo.
If you need to design filters from scratch, this won't help much.
The poor rating is given do to the size of the pictures. There is a particular picture showing LC filters that would be wonderful, but the text/symbols are way to small and using the Kindle zoom feature resolves nothing. There were several other pictures throughout that were like this.
Summary: Great text and information but the diagrams and things worth trying and testing are impossible to see.