Industrial Deals HPC Magazine Deals Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One Electronics Gift Guide $34.99 for a limited time only Handmade Last Minute Gifts Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon JCVJ JCVJ JCVJ  All-new Echo Save $10 on Fire 7. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

Element: Power Yoga
Format: DVD|Change

on September 27, 2013
This is an overall good workout. It didn't seem to contain as much variety as some of my other 60-minute yoga videos, not sure why, but she does talk a lot, maybe that is it. There is a fair amount of what I would call "spiritualizing" or "self-talk" - if you can get past that or you don't mind it, then it's still a good workout (she actually said "ohm" a couple of times).

I liked that she broke up the standing poses with a good reclining core workout in the middle. Her cueing is good - not the best but good. I was able to pretty fully participate in the workout the first time through w/out having to look at the screen the whole time. She has a tendency to give a long wordy explanation of the motions required to get to a pose instead of just telling you the pose name to start with. Overall I'm not sorry I bought it, which is saying a lot in the exercise video world! - But a lot of its value lies in the fact that it was relatively inexpensive.
on December 28, 2016
I have now all of Ashley Turner's CDs. They are really GREAT! I use them everyday...they are great for flexibility (which I really need), stress relief, the Power Yoga is really designed to tone the entire body.

Thank you, Ashley!
on July 11, 2012
I own lots of yoga dvds and have had my share of "never again!" dvds that I bought which were just no good or didn't suit me personally when I tried them. This dvd is really awesome and what I've been looking for. It's quite challenging actually (a wonderful workout), but still very doable with modifications and brief breaks if you're a beginner. The instructor is really gorgeous (but so are most yoga instructors :)) and what's more important, she talks constantly but in a soothing, helpful, absolutely non-annoying way that keeps you focused on the workout and motivated and not get bored. I was surprised to discover how fast the time went by! One drawback is that the workout, about 1 hour long, is still a bit too long. I think most people, including myself, would prefer at most a 45 min. yoga work out; after that mark, it does get a bit boring, at least personally for me. But overall, really excellent. I'm very pleased with this purchase.
on June 11, 2015
LOVE IT!!! There are a few new things I have done on this, especially some core moves and stomach breathing poses. If you are not new to yoga and want to get better and better, give this DVD a try. Her tone and descriptions are on point and she is very easy to understand. You dont even really need to look at her because she is so descriptive its not needed at all times.
on May 24, 2017
excellent yoga practice for strengthening. I can't always get to a class but can work this into my morning routine. Thank you! Namaste
on August 17, 2013
I had tried Ashley's yoga for beginners and I liked it a lot. The idea of considering the body and mind as one and coordinating the breath with postures is an awesome approach. This is how it is taught in India. Only thing is that loosening excerises are missing in the beginning. When I learnt yoga in India we would do loosening of neck, palms, hands, ankle, leg etc before beginning the practice. But, overall this DVD is a good one.
on June 7, 2016
I have practiced yoga for about 12 years and I like a vinyasa flow practice best. I also like a nice combination of standing, sitting, inversions, twists, etc. I didn't get enough of what I look for in a yoga practice, and in the end, I didn't get that loose and wrung out feeling in my body, that leaves me feeling calm and balanced. It was okay. If you want to primarily strengthen, then this is a good video for you.
on August 25, 2015
I really love this workout! I would consider myself an amateur at yoga, though not a beginner. I was expecting it to be a good workout, and it is! It is different than a breathing-focused/meditation-focused yoga, but the name "Power Yoga" kind of explains that. I would recommend to someone only if they are wanting to get a lot of movement with their yoga.

Note: there is a section for Shavasana, and she does do some of the meditation exercises, just not a lot
on August 29, 2013
I love using yoga DVDs when I can't get to an actual class, but I was a bit wary buying this one because it was my first one from Ashley Turner. I was quite impressed! It's definitely power yoga, and it's a decent workout- don't buy it if you're looking for more relaxing/restorative/gentle yoga. If you're looking to get sweaty though, this one's definitely for you. I have a number of yoga DVDs, but this is one that I keep coming back to when I want a tough workout that maintains the philosophy and stress-relief of traditional yoga, including breathing exercises and traditional yogic principles.
on October 23, 2014
So far I've really enjoyed this Yoga DVD; the instructor, Ashley is really great and I appreciate the things she says as you go through the poses. I think I've learned a few things, which I always appreciate. I am a moderate yoga practitioner and tend to do more cardio workouts with and without weights. Due to a hip injury I've been trying to do more yoga - and so far it's helped. That being said, there are times when this DVD is challenging (not tough, but challenging) like when doing the yoga push-ups. Yikes! Overall it's a great DVD and I highly recommend it.