Elementary & Middle School Mathematics with MyEducationLab & enVisionMATH California Ed & Field Experience Guide (7th Edition) 7th Edition
Use the Amazon App to scan ISBNs and compare prices.
There is a newer edition of this item:
"Devoted" by Dean Koontz
For the first time in paperback, from Dean Koontz, the master of suspense, comes an epic thriller about a terrifying killer and the singular compassion it will take to defeat him. | Learn more
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
From the Back Cover
John A. Van de Walle, Late of Virginia Commonwealth University
Karen S. Karp, University of Louisville
Jennifer M. Bay-Williams, University of Louisville
Written by leaders in the field of mathematics education, this best-selling book will help teachers and K-8 students make sense of math. For each strand of the mathematics curriculum, numerous problem-based activities are interwoven with a discussion of the mathematical content and how children develop their understanding of that content.
This book is uniquely designed to help your students:
- Prepare for mathematics instruction in today’s classroom:
- NEW! MyEducationLab website for this text presents classroom video, clips of teacher workshops presented by John Van de Walle, expanded lessons, real curriculum materials, children’s literature resources, and more. Margin notes throughout the text seamlessly integrate website material for instructors and readers.
- NEW! Field Experience Guide Connections at the end of each chapter showcase specific classroom-based tasks, activities, and resources available to readers in the popular Field Experience Guide.
- Develop a constructivist and problem solving approach to the learning and teaching of mathematics
- NEW! Use the 2000 NCTM Principles and Standards and Curriculum Focal Points to inform their instruction by providing the most complete coverage of the NCTM guidelines available.
- UPDATED! Effectively integrate technology to support teaching and learning with comprehensive coverage of new technologies and teaching strategies.
- Practice doing the mathematics that they will teach through numerous activities in each of the 16 content chapters
- NEW! Meet the needs of all learners through discussion of differentiating instruction, adaptation of the response to intervention (RTI) model for use with students with special needs in the mathematics classroom, and more.
0136103685 / 9780136103684 Elementary & Middle School Mathematics with MyEducationLab & enVisionMATH California Ed & Field Experience Guide
Package consists of:
0135140870 / 9780135140871 MyEducationLab Student Access Code Card
0137025114 / 9780137025114 enVisionMATH California Version Teacher Edition Sampler Grade 4 Topic 11 Fraction and Decimal Concepts, California Edition of Elementary and Middle School Mathematics
0205573525 / 9780205573523 Elementary and Middle School Mathematics: Teaching
0205583164 / 9780205583164 Field Experience Guide for Elementary and Middle School Mathematics: Teaching Developmentally
About the Author
Karen Karp is a Professor of Mathematics Education at the University of Louisville (Kentucky). Prior to entering the field of teacher education she was an elementary school teacher in New York. Karen is a co-author of Feisty Females; Inspiring Girls to Think Mathematically, which is aligned with her research interests on teaching mathematics to diverse populations. With Jennifer, Karen co-edited Growing Professionally: Readings from NCTM Publications for Grades K-8. She is a member of the Board of Directors of the National Council of Teachers of Mathematics (NCTM) and a former president of the Association of Mathematics Teacher Educators (AMTE).
- Paperback : 600 pages
- ISBN-10 : 0136103685
- ISBN-13 : 978-0136103684
- Product Dimensions : 9.4 x 1.4 x 11.8 inches
- Item Weight : 4.35 pounds
- Publisher : Allyn & Bacon; 7th Edition (April 5, 2009)
- Language: : English
- Best Sellers Rank: #16,277,799 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
|5 star (0%)||0%|
|4 star (0%)||0%|
|3 star (0%)||0%|
|2 star (0%)||0%|
|1 star (0%)||0%|