Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $9.00 shipping
+ Free Shipping
Elenco Capacitor Substitution Box Soldering Kit [ SOLDERING REQUIRED ]
|Price:||$15.99 & FREE Shipping on orders over $25. Details|
- Hone your DIY soldering techniques on the Capacitor Substitution Box Soldering Kit Enjoy the pleasure of having assembled and soldered it yourself
- Values selected for your capacitance substitution box were determined to be the most commonly used in modern solid-state circuits
- Values range from 100pF to 1μF in 24 steps
- Includes: PCB, electronic components and instructions PCB measures 865mmX1016mmX16mm
- Add this kit to your STEM curriculum From the company that brings you Snap Circuits - 9 volt battery not included
Frequently bought together
Compare to similar items
This item Elenco Capacitor Substitution Box Soldering Kit [ SOLDERING REQUIRED ]
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Amazon.com||Orcity||MMP Living||Orcity|
|Item Dimensions||2.55 x 5.08 x 1.75 in||5.3 x 1.5 x 7.6 in||4 x 6 x 3 in||4.8 x 9.7 x 1.6 in|
Customers who bought this item also bought
Are you a Do-It-Yourselfer? Hone your soldering techniques on Elenco's Capacitor Substitution Box Soldering Kit. The Capacitance Substitution Box is a convenient instrument in determining the desired capacitance values in circuits under design or test. The values selected for your capacitance substitution box were determined to be the most commonly used in modern solid-state circuits. The values are from 100pF to .1μF in 24 steps. From the company that brings you Snap Circuits - 9 volt battery not included. - MADE IN THE USA - Elenco was founded more than 30 years ago by 2 engineers. The core of Elenco is still strong engineering and design skills. Elenco test equipment has proven to be reliable as well as affordable. Elenco supplies Universities and High Schools with quality educational kits and materials.
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Top Customer Reviews
The instructions are pretty straight forward. You will need a magnifying glass if you are over 40 to read the capacitors, which is no fault of the manufacturer.
The kit seems to work like it should, just toss the solder they supply and use your own.
I recommend this for hobbyists or students as a great little gadget to make varying capacitance super easy.
- Simple design takes less than 1 hour to completely assemble.
- Completed assembly feels solid and durable, expect to last a lifetime.
- My kit had one wrong capacitor value! Fortunately I checked before installation so swapping out for another I had lying around was not a problem.
- Only one capacitor at a time. The selector switch alternates between left and right knobs.
- Range is somewhat limited. See schematic (included with instruction manual) for list of values.
As others have noted the lower value pf caps are not super accurate so measure with a multimeter to learn actual cap value if it is important.
Keep one next to your oscilloscope.