Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $9.00 shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Elenco Capacitor Substitution Box Soldering Kit [ SOLDERING REQUIRED ]
Get free shipping
Free 5-8 business-day shipping within the U.S. when you order $25 of eligible items sold or fulfilled by Amazon.
Or get 4-5 business-day shipping on this item for $5.99. (Prices may vary for AK and HI.)Learn more about free shipping
- Hone your DIY soldering techniques on the Capacitor Substitution Box Soldering Kit Enjoy the pleasure of having assembled and soldered it yourself
- Values selected for your capacitance substitution box were determined to be the most commonly used in modern solid-state circuits
- Values range from 100pF to 1μF in 24 steps
- Includes: PCB, electronic components and instructions PCB measures 865mmX1016mmX16mm
- Add this kit to your STEM curriculum From the company that brings you Snap Circuits - 9 volt battery not included
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
Learn by Doing
Elenco is an educational toy, hobby, and electronic instruments company based in the Chicago suburb of Wheeling, Illinois. Elenco has been a family owned and operated business since 1972, founded by Gil Cecchin, an electrical engineer.
From its humble roots as a basement operation with one product, Elenco has emerged as a leader in the educational toy industry with hundreds of products and new ideas constantly in development. Elenco’s family now includes over 40 full-time employees and 60,000 square feet of warehouse and offices.
Are you a Do-It-Yourselfer? Hone your soldering techniques on Elenco's Capacitor Substitution Box Soldering Kit. The Capacitance Substitution Box is a convenient instrument in determining the desired capacitance values in circuits under design or test. The values selected for your capacitance substitution box were determined to be the most commonly used in modern solid-state circuits. The values are from 100pF to .1μF in 24 steps. From the company that brings you Snap Circuits - 9 volt battery not included. - MADE IN THE USA - Elenco was founded more than 30 years ago by 2 engineers. The core of Elenco is still strong engineering and design skills. Elenco test equipment has proven to be reliable as well as affordable. Elenco supplies Universities and High Schools with quality educational kits and materials.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
The instructions are pretty straight forward. You will need a magnifying glass if you are over 40 to read the capacitors, which is no fault of the manufacturer.
The kit seems to work like it should, just toss the solder they supply and use your own.
I recommend this for hobbyists or students as a great little gadget to make varying capacitance super easy.
- Simple design takes less than 1 hour to completely assemble.
- Completed assembly feels solid and durable, expect to last a lifetime.
- My kit had one wrong capacitor value! Fortunately I checked before installation so swapping out for another I had lying around was not a problem.
- Only one capacitor at a time. The selector switch alternates between left and right knobs.
- Range is somewhat limited. See schematic (included with instruction manual) for list of values.