Truck Reviews Beauty Spring Reading Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon $0.99 rentals for Prime members $0.99 rentals for Prime members $0.99 rentals for Prime members  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now STL18_GNO

Elenco  350 Piece Pre-formed Jumper Wire Kit

on January 13, 2017
Compared to the jumpers that came with my Arduino kit, these ones are not satisfactory. First, they fit relatively loosely on the breadboard and I can pull them out a bit easily. Also, the sizes of the different lengths of wire are inconsistent. With my old jumpers, I could connect two holes in the breadboard separated by any length without bending the wires too much. In these wires, however, there is a large gap between the length of the yellow jumpers and the length of the green ones. This means that it is impossible to connect two holes with a length of 1 mm between them without really deforming a yellow jumper. Afterwards the jumper will be permanently bent. In the picture, the jumpers on the left are the ones I had before and the ones on the right are the ones I bought. As you can see, my old jumpers have consistent sizes but these do not. Note the gap between yellow and green, as well as purple and gray. So, only buy these of you do not mind bending the ends of your jumpers to get them to fit on a breadboard.
review image
7 people found this helpful
on January 31, 2016
I've been using these wires for the last 6 years or so for home projects and while getting my Electrical Engineering degree and have purchased them in various packages and forms. Unfortunately, my kit arrived with the box broken in 3 places (didn't look as pictured) and the wires were scattered all over the package. I had to go out and buy another container and after sorting, everything works really well. I'm really picky when I lay out my circuits, even just quick prototypes for testing, and I really like the different sizes available. After working with them for a while, you are able to do your layouts with the lengths of the various colors in mind, it makes things move really quickly and they're super easy to troubleshoot. They're a little more expensive than I thing they should be, but they do work well.
One person found this helpful
on February 8, 2018
I bought the jumpers because I like breadboards and I was running out of my previous set of jumpers. They work great. They fit the holes in jumper boards and can be re-used many times. For me, they make quick, test circuits possible and practical. I have even used them in permanent circuits on occasion.
on December 8, 2015
These work very well. Yes, you might need to encourage them a little bit in some instances. It is worth it, though, to not have to strip, cut, and make your own jumpers when you are in a hurry. I bought this kit when I bought Make: Electronics: Learning Through Discovery and it is a big help. These jumpers also help when I am working with Raspberry Pi projects. Check out the picture to get an idea of how they look.
review image
3 people found this helpful
on October 11, 2016
The case these wires come in really help with the organization. it is also very durable and wont open up and spill its contents when it falls on the ground. I loved the idea that they were all color coated, this way it was easy to identify which to use. If they didn't meet the required length, bending them into chap was of no problem at all. You also get quite a lot of wire from this single purchase as well as having them be all straight. This is a really great project if you dont want your wires to be all over the place or if you are just starting out.
on May 26, 2016
These are okay jumpers for the price, they're super cheap, you get what you pay for, you know? Lengths are appropriate. They're a bit stiff and the insulator pulls back easily, so don't expect to re-use these much unless you are very gentle.

On my set, all the red jumpers were nicked at the bend, resulting in bad connections / ends breaking off. Probably just a bad batch, oh well. All the other colors worked fine.

Conclusion: Not too pleased, not too displeased either. I consider jumpers to be short-term / disposable anyway, so I'd probably buy these again, because they're cheap.
on May 28, 2017
The available sizes worked very good.... I just wished they come with ever more lengths, but the one used worked great, some others I had to modify the length.
on October 27, 2012
This is a very nice kit but, as other's have pointed out, it's not exactly as pictures. If you look at the product picture, the difference between that and the actual product can be described by saying the left-most small compartments from top to bottom (the column with the label over it) is not included with the product. Mine has 9 small compartments, one large compartment(the same length as 4 small compartments together) and one medium compartment (the same length as 3 small compartments) for a total of ten compartments.

I see complaints that the box is lousy but mine is quite rugged. Perhaps there has been a change to the product. It's a very thick, tough, and flexible plastic not the brittle type of plastic that breaks easily. Yes, it is a milky color and not clear as someone have complained but I don't see that as a problem. After all, when you are choosing a jumper, you have to open the box anyway. That complaint is trivial and nit-picking, IMO.

My kit was packed very well and I received it in two days. When I opened it, I was happy because other's have complained that the jumpers were all mixed up buy mine appeared to be just about perfect. However, with closer inspection, I see that some of the very small jumpers are mixed up a bit. I don't see that as a big issue. I will have that sorted out in just a few minutes. However, it would have been nicer if each different size had it's own compartment. The large and medium compartments have two different lengths of jumpers in each compartment but, because they are color coded, that's no problem. But it would have been nice if he very smallest jumpers each had their own compartment. There would have to be one more compartment for that. There are 13 different lengths of jumpers fitting in 9 compartments. But the only minor issue will be with the two smallest jumpers sharing the same compartment. Of course, you could separate those and put two of the longer jumpers together which would probably be a good idea.

All-in-all, I am very happy with the kit. I should say that I haven't used them in a breadboard yet so I cant' comment on how they fit yet. But they are nice and stiff and should be easy to work with as long as the lengths are correct.
on July 2, 2015
These make breadboard work so much nicer. This was the 2nd set that I bought because I liked them so much and did not want to run. The issue with using jumper wires is that it's really hard to follow your own circuits when the become very complex because wire are everywhere. With these, then stay flat on the board and they hold there shape when you bend them making you're circuits easy to follow during troubleshooting.
on September 1, 2017
I love these. Use it for with my arduino. It keeps your wiring neat and organized. The wires themselves are not flimsy and comes with several variety lengths. Great for the classroom and for personal use. No issues thus far.
|0Comment|Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.