Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Elf-man
Amazon Vehicles Buy 2 kids' books and save Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Celine Dion Shop Now

Format: DVD|Change

on December 17, 2012
Finally, a family movie that is actually safe to watch without worrying about bad language or too much skin. My kids, 5 and 9 love this movie so much we have watched it 5 times. It's got enough physical comedy to keep everyone laughing and a nice message about doing something good for others. It's a great stocking stuffer and I have purchased a few as back up gifts just in case I need something at the last minute.
on December 24, 2012
As a native of Frederick, Maryland, where this movie was filmed, I'm pretty much doomed to be biased in its favor. That being said, I tried my best to be objective when I first saw it, and I have to say I was pleasantly surprised. Make no mistake, it's definitely a direct-to-video Christmas movie, so you won't find word-class production values here; the CGI is fairly dodgy, and Elf-Man's costume (the one he wears on the front cover of the DVD) doesn't look "heroic" so much as "assembled on someone's dining room table."

But that's all beside the point, really. You'd be hard-pressed to find a Christmas movie with more genuine heart; the story is delightful without ever taking itself too seriously, and the cast and crew's enthusiasm for the project really comes through. Although it gets a bit sappy near the end, overall the story is satisfyingly tight and well thought out, and funny to boot. If you're looking for a light family movie for Christmas, this is a great choice!
on October 15, 2012
This was really an all-around pleasant surprise. The Elf-Man himself is of course the eye candy we came to see and deserves every accolade we can offer him -- he's wry, spry, and wise. The rest of the cast is also terrific, the kids are particular stand-outs, but everyone is solid. And so is the overall production itself right down to the clever special effects. This really is the perfect Christmas sock stuffer. A real treat:)
on December 4, 2012
The little person from Jackass is actually really good in Elf-Man--funny and smart-assed without being annoying. The movie is really funny and with some genuinely sweet moments, along with some good ol-fashioned bumbly Home Alone-esque schtick. The kids are really appealing as well (I say this because in some Christmas movies, the children annoy me). Definitely worth checking out!
on January 6, 2015
I thought this was a cute movie! Don't expect it to be anything like your Hollywood A-movies like Home Alone,Santa Claus or even Elf.Sure,the script isn't all that but it still is enjoyable to watch.If they ever make an Elf on the Shelf movie they should get the idea from this movie.A little girl made a wish and the elf came to life to make that wish come true.If you like made for tv movies.If you like Hallmark or Lifetime movies,this is for you.Both my 11 y/o and 9y/o kids liked it.I was looking for more Christmas movies to watch and glad I saw this.Will definitely be added to my collection to be enjoyed for many Christmases to come.
on December 16, 2012
Great family movie!!! We loved Elf-Man!!! He inspired all of us... The movie was refreshing, hopeful and filled with integrity and love.. The perfect Christmas movie to watch year after year. I highly recommend everyone buying it for there home collection.
on October 17, 2012
I got a chance to watch Elf-Man and have to tell you how wonderful this movie is!!! Its visually amazing and the Acting was so enjoyable with a cast of characters that light up the screen! You will laugh out loud with the incredible story and hilarious hijinks that ensue. And within all the mayhem, I especially enjoyed Mirelly Taylor's roll as Amy. She brings such a charmingly-funny and romantic-beauty to the role, that sucks you in and grounds the movie to pull everything together.

It is everything you'd want in a Christmas movie, with all the bells and whistles, laughs and jingles, that only the holiday season can bring. I recommend this movie to everyone for any occasion. Its a movie that just, down right makes you want to smile!!!
on November 30, 2015
Cute family film that the kids may like. Adults will roll their eyes at the hammed-up acting, unlikely plot, and miserable script.
Appreciated the scenery around Hagerstown and Frederick, MD, near where I live.
on December 20, 2015
Terrible movie, terrible acting, terrible story and has nothing to do with Christmas. Jeffrey Combs (the main bad guy) is a good actor in other shows, but his role in this movie is still terrible and it's sad that he would have taken such a ridiculous role. If you want to watch a Christmas movie, don't bother. This is not a Christmas movie.
on January 30, 2015
this is a awesome movie. you know some of these low budget straight to dvd-blu-ray movies are better than the ones that come to theatres and this is one of those movies. i'm really big into superheroes. so when I saw this at the video store I said what the heck and rented it. and I was not disappointed. this is a good clean Christmas family movie that the whole family can enjoy. the story is good, the acting is good and the special effects are good. great movie. if you have not seen this movie then I recommend you do