Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Shop Popular Services TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Water Sports toystl17_gno

• Customer reviews

Showing 1-10 of 117 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 121 reviews
on March 24, 2016
I have been using this product in my biocube 14 for a little over a year now and it has worked great for me. I have this placed in the second compartment in my biocube 14 filter. I don't have a media basket or anything. I use this along with live rock, purigen, and some filter floss in the second compartment of my biocube. I replace it every 5 months or so. I have to say I am not 100% sure that this is the reason for the success of my little biocube, but I have to admit that my tank stays very clean. I have not had too many algae outbreaks. This product contains activated carbon and gfo. The activated carbon helps remove the toxins from the aquarium while the gfo helps to remove any phosphates that may promote algae growth. One of the main issues that I have with this product is that it takes a while to rinse out and clean the carbon initially. It never completely washes out while rinsing in tap water. I usually only wash it for a minuet or two and then place it in my tank. Once placed in the tank however, it does not leach any carbon or anything that I can see. Overall, great product
Pros:
-small size, great for a nano tank
-low cost
Cons:
-takes a while to rinse out.
review image
on September 2, 2015
Chemi-Pure Elite filter medium is hands down the best for controlling algae growth in the aquarium. If there is a high level of phosphates in your municipal water supply (use test kit for phosphates available on Amazon or any pet supply store) you will have an algae growth problem. Chemi-Pure Elite will eliminate it and provide crystal clear water. Too, it can last up to 6 months before changing. This filter medium can also cut down on water changes and tank cleanings. I have tried many different algae control products and nothing works. Chemi-Pure Elite is the only product that is effective, and highly effective at that. I have been using this for several years and will continue to use it longer. I highly recommend it.
on December 21, 2016
Did you skip maintenance on your fish last month? Use this product and save your collection. Remember though, nothing substitutes for monthly partial water changes. Adding evaporated water counts for nothing! These ChemiPures last months in a canister filter. Friendly tip: Do not overfeed, it leads to dead fish..guaranteed.
on March 8, 2017
Helps a lot with phosphates! I've never heard of this product until I search forums and youtube. I always recommend this when you are having phosphates problem. I used this on an HOB and made my phosphates 0! This is a must for each hobbyist that is having phosphate problems
on January 8, 2014
I have been using Chemi-pure over a year and this stuff is great. Lasts several months in my 20 gallon tank (way longer than ordinary carbon) and the 5-6.5 oz bags fit in an Aquaclear filter basket. Also helps keep phosphates and nitrates in check. A "must have" if you are serious about keeping a clean tank. Highly recommend!
on March 19, 2017
Very high quality long lasting chemical filtration for your aquarium. Gives you the extra edge in your canister filter for controlling ammonia, nitrates, and nitrites.
on April 21, 2017
Chemipure Elite took my fish tank from a standard looking tank to crystal clear water. My fish appear to be flying now. Will continue to use forever.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 26, 2014
I have used this product for over 35 years. It is terrific and a must have. Note that this is the nano size, and I use it for 15 gallons. It is a fourth of the regular sized bottle. It is, however, nearly the same price ;)
on November 30, 2015
This is a must have for any aquarium. It out does charcoal by far and lasts a long time. It was a great help when I had to get my tank to cycle. A great product and a great value.
on February 25, 2017
I had water clarity and algae issues due to a low-quality carbon that I tried. I thought "carbon is carbon" and that was a huge mistake. Within hours of switching the old carbon out for the chemi-pure elite, my water had cleared up and the algae growth stopped dead in it's tracks in a few days. Now my tank is clean and my livestock are happy!