Ello Syndicate BPA-Free Glass Water Bottle with Flip Lid, 20-Ounce
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- The perfect way to enjoy your favorite beverage in style
- Clean tasting glass is the perfect vessel for water
- Great for home, work or on the go
- One-handed push button lid has a convenient carry loop to bring this bottle wherever you go
- BPA, phthalates, PVC, lead and cadmium free
Frequently bought together
Customers also shopped for
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
The Ello Syndicate 20-Ounce Glass Water Bottle is the perfect way to enjoy your favorite beverage in style. This bottle looks and works great on a table at home, on the treadmill at the gym, next to your towel on a sandy beach, at your desk at work or in your cup holder while you are on the go. Ice cubes can easily fit in the mouth of this water bottle which has been designed to provide the perfect drip-free sip whenever you need it. The one-handed push button lid has a convenient carry loop to bring this bottle wherever you go and is ideal when you need to grab a quick sip without letting go of your momentum, steering wheel, shopping bags, or anything else. For your comfort and enjoyment, this water bottle has been enhanced with a comfort silicone grip and clean tasting glass, making it the perfect vessel for water. Ello glass bottles preserve the taste and temperature of your favorite beverage to provide you with the luxurious experience you deserve. This bottle is easily cleaned in a dishwasher and is BPA, phthalates, PVC, lead and cadmium free for your safety. Do not freeze this product or use it in the microwave. Ello is dedicated to creating stylish drink ware that provide our customers with the perfect pick-me-up to brighten up their day.
Color: Bold Blue
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Showing 1-7 of 1,703 reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Starting about six weeks ago, the inside of the water stopper part started developing a black ring matching the glass opening. The ring has almost filled (to a full circle) of black stuff, but I can't seem to wash it off. It's doesn't seem to get on the glass part and I haven't gotten sick, so I'm not too worried but I thought people should know.
So, I looked at a bunch, played with them, and ended up picking the Ello Syndicate, for a number of reasons, though there are some things I wish they had/or didn't. Here are my thoughts:
- Pure taste/ No residual smells: I love the glass bottle idea so much. It really does keep the taste so much more pure, and the odor from drinking non-water drinks is not a constant residue like it was in my reusable plastic bottles.
- Flip-top lid: You can use this one-handed. The lid pushes up and away from the bottle opening and you can drink without it hitting you in the face, or losing the cap. Fantastic!
- No Spills: I use my bottles on the go and at home. We have large dogs - and a blind dog - so we occasionally have spills. Also, we live in the country with horses and we get bugs like flies in the summer. Even if it's just one that gets inside, it's the one that goes in fresh-made iced coffee!!
- Grippy Protection: This sleeve works great. It makes it easy to hold the bottle and it provides decent protection from bumps and jostles of everyday use. You - or your toddler - drop this on the tile and it may still break. It's GLASS. Even plastic, the glassy type, could still shatter if dropped wrong on tile.
- Easy to clean: So many travel mugs aren't DW safe. Especially coffee tumblers or insulated containers. They can be great but if it's a pain to wash em... or if someone who isn't paying attention tosses them in the DW and breaks em... well, that stinks. This is easy to wash. Just remove the lid, open the lid so the soap can get all inside it (including that spot some people are getting black mold) and pop it all in the top rack.
- Tip #1: With many items that the DW doesn't thoroughly dry like cups, tupperware or anything with crevices or things that catch water like lips or indents - Dry this on a dish rack and let it dry all the way before sealing it back up again. This also should help prevent mold growth.
- Tip #2: Get a couple for each person using the bottles. You can then easily rotate each day for cleaning and drying out.
- Affordable: Compared to the $30+ a pop when I first saw these bottles years ago, this is a nice price, and you can probably afford to get a couple (which helps keep them clean as per above). The MSRP seems to be $14.99. I got my first two at a Target and liked them so well I grabbed a couple online here at Amazon. One was on sale, the other was MSRP. I am still very pleased with the product and the price.
- Economical and Environmental: Don't toss (or recycle) the whole thing if the lid breaks. Grab a new topper! Ello Syndicate Glass Water Bottle Replacement Lid, Coral. If not available on Amazon (they were before but aren't now) you can likely order from the company directly.
- I have dropped mine - on to the carpet but it smacked on it's side on the table, hit the wall and then the carpet - twice now and it was fine. The only thing that occurred was that, one time, the seal popped inside the cap and it leaked a bit. I was drinking a carbonated beverage (Emergen-C and Alka Seltzer for my sinus that were messed up from a recent, nearby fire) and that and the tumble and fall from standing desk height caused the temporary leak.
Design changes I would like:
Handle: Although the little ribbon handle is sturdy it seems a tiny bit too short (and I have small female hands). I would like it to be long enough to work like a wristlet. It also is fabric, so every time you wash it, it remains wet. You can *mostly* dry it, but you have to put effort into that - squeezing it with a dish towel repeatedly - and it will remain damp for a little while. When I hand rinse between uses of one bottle on the same day this is annoying. I wish it were plastic or silicon or rubber. Anything less porous than a grosgain ribbon.
Option for a shorter/fatter bottle with this same lid and silicon sheathing. As mentioned, I use these at home and on the go. On the go this model is perfection - it fits in even my teeny weeny cart cupholders. At home it is more likely to topple due to it's height and tiny footprint. I would LOVE a model this design, this size (maybe bigger honestly though! 32oz!) but stubby so it can't tip over.
Bottom line: I love this bottle and the price is right! I highly recommend it and will likely get more in the future - particularly if they make a large stubby model of the Syndicate! ;-)
I really like the push button opening mechanism. There is a small rubber band that causes the lid pop open when it is new. However, (and this is why it lost a star) after a time, the rubber band starts to stretch. This causes there to be less force to open the lid until eventually the pop that throws the lid all the way open, barely causes it to clear the latch. While this isn't a huge deal, it renders the bottle "not as good" as when you got it.
Furthermore, at the moment, Ello is not selling replacement lids, so you have to buy a whole new bottle, which is wasteful.