Unlock 5% savings
Choose how often it's deliveredFrom once every 2 weeks to once every 6 months
Skip or cancel any timeWe'll send you a reminder before each delivery.
Other Sellers on Amazon
Ellora Farms, Global Gold Award Winner, Single Origin & Estate Traceable Extra Virgin Olive Oil, First-Cold Pressed, Certified PDO, Harvested in Crete, Greece, Kosher OU, 1 Lt (33.8 oz.) Tins, Pack of 2
|Price:||($0.74 / Fl Oz)|
Enhance your purchase
|Item Dimensions LxWxH||4 x 3 x 8 inches|
About this item
- PROTECTIVE DESIGNATION OF ORIGIN “PDO”- Ellora Farms Olive Oil is a certified by the European Union as to the origin and to its quality which meets the stringent requirements, while maintaining a focus on environmental consciousness and tradition. Fresh from the Groves this 100% Pure Greek Extra Virgin Olive Oil is known for its rich fruity aroma and a characteristic peppery flavor. Each bottle and tin is numbered in accordance with a strictly monitored procedure.
- SINGLE ORIGIN & SINGLE ESTATE - The olive oil is harvested and bottled at source at the Olive Estates of Kolymvari region in the Island of Crete, Greece. The Olive Groves of Kolymvari are located in the middle of the Mediterranean Sea, where the olives go beyond a simple agricultural product to being a key ingredient in the life, culture and cuisine of the region. The fruity aroma in this EVOO is due to the "Koroneiki olive variety” used in this extraordinary olive oil.
- WORLD’S FIRST FULLY TRACEABLE OLIVE OIL - We believe in the absolute traceability of our products and authenticity of its Origin and lifecycle. Simply submit the five-digit Lot number printed on the bottle label or tin into our Origin Tracer at our website and easily track this product “from the olive grove to the shelf”. Trace the Origin and Taste the difference of single origin, single region, single estate, OU Kosher certified and ethically produced olive oil.
- SUSTAINABLE APPROACH - We use "Green" production methods and committed to a sustainable approach. - NO SOLVENTS USED - NO ADDITIVES USED - NO PRESERVATIVES USED. Produced in a Carbon Neutral Facility.
- COLD EXTRACTED - Ellora Farms is 100% Cold Extracted or from First cold press of the Koroneiki variety olives at source. It is unrefined and unfiltered Olive Oil of the highest quality from the family estates.
- NO SOLVENTS USED - NO ADDITIVES USED - NO PRESERVATIVES USED - NO PESTICIDES USED - NO INSECTICIDES USED - NO HERBICIDES USED
Frequently bought together
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
GLOBAL QUALITY GOLD AWARDS AT THE INTERNATIONAL OLIVE OIL COMPETITION
GLOBAL AWARDS 2021
GLOBAL AWARDS 2021
GOLD AWARDS 2021
GOLD MEDAL CANADA 2021
Trace Your Product Via Lot Number
You can Trace the Origin and other relevant details of every bottle and tin of Ellora Farms Extra Virgin Olive Oil once you receive the product. You can trace where the olives for your olive oil were harvested and bottled. Every Ellora Farms product has a Lot number stamped on it where you can go to the Traceability Tree, type in your Lot number, and find the full laboratory analysis and satellite images of the fields from which your olive oil originated.
Taste the difference and trace the Origin.
This brings home the point that what you purchased has a precise, traceable history that leads you to the Kolymvari region on the island of Crete, globally acclaimed for its top quality olive oil.
Say No to Insecticides with ECO-TRAP
The olive fruit fly (Bactrocera oleae) is the most dangerous pest of olives in the Mediterranean area, causing significant economic damage. If not efficiently controlled, production can fall by 80%.Ellora Farms uses ECO-TRAP as a mass trapping method for olive fruit fly control at the Olive estates in Kolymvari, Crete in substitution for any insecticides and pesticides.
Advantages of the Eco Trap
While all types of olive oil are sources of monounsaturated fat, Extra Virgin Olive Oil, from the cold extraction of the olives, contains higher levels of antioxidants, high concentration of vitamin E (alpha-tocopherol), and phenols, because it is less processed.
High quality Extra Virgin olive oil aids in neutralizing free radicals and diminishes the risk of many types of diseases and strengthens our immune system.
Olive Oil is the greatest exponent of monounsaturated fat (MUFA) and is a prime component of the heart healthy diet. Olive oil is rich in monounsaturated fatty acids that are resistant to oxidation and lowers LDL (bad) cholesterol without affecting HDL (good) cholesterol, which protects against arteriosclerosis.
Statements regarding dietary supplements have not been evaluated by the FDA and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or health condition.
Reviews with images
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
The Ellora is a very good extra virgin olive oil, but not my favorite. A few years ago I tried a California olive oil and have been using that ever since. I occasionally try other olive oils to see if I can find one that I like better. The Ellora seems a little smoother than the California olive oil I use, but not nearly as flavorful, and I suspect that the California oil has more oleocanthal.
Worse yet, there is a lot of fraud in oils. I used to talk with a professor at U Mass-Lowell who was using HPLC (High Performance Liquid Chromatography) to discern if oils were being adulterated. He was finding that trendy oils, like rice bran oil, were often nothing like what was listed on the label. Fast forward a decade later, and there has been a huge exposure of fraud in Italian oils in particular. Spanish oils were also involved in a terrible tragedy in 1981 in Spain where non-food grade oils were sold in cans to households instead of the traditional olive, and 600 Spaniards died.
I also like some California oils, but unless you can taste them, you don't know if you are going to get an aggressive, bitter oil or a fruity, light oil. I find California oils, due to the wildly different micro-climates there, really are quite variable.
I prefer my EVOO to be a bit lighter and less aggressive. This oil is a nice lemony green-yellow with a fruity, grassy flavor that is very pleasant. It's not the most exciting oil I've ever tasted, but it's not for cooking. It makes heavenly salad dressings and drizzles. I made a lemon parsley dressing for a warm salad, and I was very happy with it.
For cooking, a plain 100% oil is best. (Colavita and Trader Joes make fine ones.) I have two cruets, different colors. The EVOO is in one, the cooking oil in the other. Rachael Ray Cucina Stoneware EVOO Dispensing Bottle, Agave Blue is fairly nice--light proof and only the flap on the top is a bit annoying as it lets in air, but just don't fill it so full and use it up frequently.
Disclaimer: While we work to ensure that product information is correct, on occasion manufacturers may alter their ingredient lists. Actual product packaging and materials may contain more and/or different information than that shown on our Web site. We recommend that you do not solely rely on the information presented and that you always read labels, warnings, and directions before using or consuming a product. For additional information about a product, please contact the manufacturer. Content on this site is for reference purposes and is not intended to substitute for advice given by a physician, pharmacist, or other licensed health-care professional. You should not use this information as self-diagnosis or for treating a health problem or disease. Contact your health-care provider immediately if you suspect that you have a medical problem. Information and statements regarding dietary supplements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or health condition. Amazon.com assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatements about products.
Product detailsSize:33.8 Fl Oz (Pack of 2) | Style:PDO Tins
- Is Discontinued By Manufacturer : No
- Product Dimensions : 4 x 3 x 8 inches; 5 Pounds
- Manufacturer : Ellora Farms
- ASIN : B00BGBL114
- Country of Origin : Greece
Best Sellers Rank:
#6,101 in Grocery & Gourmet Food (See Top 100 in Grocery & Gourmet Food)
- #22 in Olive Oils
- Customer Reviews: