BCA Month Beauty altText This Week in Books Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Handmade Tote Bags hgg17 Save $30 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment raydonovanfinale raydonovanfinale raydonovanfinale  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 All-New Kindle Oasis South Park Shop Now HTL17_gno

on May 2, 2015
Eloise has a lovely life in the Plaza hotel. Her mother is largely absent; her Nanny, pet turtle, and pet dog are her companions. Her favorite words are "Charge it please!" Nanny and Eloise are sitting on the sofa and anticipates the fights is hilarious. Nanny is prim and proper, and Eloise knows she needs her outlets! Delightful! Loved it! I will definitely have fun reading to my niece.
on September 14, 2017
How could you not love Eloise? She's a 6-year old rascal and a delight. A trial for her nanny and the Plaza staff, but a precocious child with a 4-star imagination and energy to spare. And she still makes time to take good care of her turtle and pug dog. This book was written in 1955, but, like Eloise, shows no signs of age. Although is was designated for readers of age 7 and up, I'm decades beyond 7 and it makes me smile every time I look at the illustration.
on February 15, 2016
This was my favorite childhood book. When I was young I listened to the record as well, but the book is what really won my heart. Eloise is the badass girl I aspired to be. I now purchase this book for all the little ones I know so that they can learn that they too can be badass! The children I've bought it for have all loved it. I purchase it for boys as well as girls. Some live far away & it's really convenient to order from Amazon & know that it will be shipped efficiently & arrive on time for birthdays & holidays.
on July 29, 2016
"Eloise" has been passed to another generation. Like the LBD, some things never go out of style. My granddaughter loved the book. We read it together. I found a vintage porcelain Eloise trinket box in a thrift shop that she received with this classic piece of children's literature. Great product, price and delivery. Highly recommend.
on July 18, 2017
NAgift
on May 5, 2015
My Favorite Book of All Time. I can't pass a hotel mail chute without thinking of Eloise. This is an excellent book for young girls - a heroine who does what she pleases and is rather misbehaved in the bargain. I have no doubt there are a couple of generations of strong women who can trace their confidence back to knowing Eloise.
on December 7, 1999
I first "met" Eloise when my neighbor and I were in grade school, in the mid sixties. I was in her room one day and she showed me this book about a little girl who lived in a hotel. Since it was a girl's book I was not that interested, but I remembered that it had black and white illustrations with red highlights. I also remembered that the little girl could do whatever she felt like. As I got older, I wished I had actually read the book. As a New Yorker, I felt I should know all about her. I felt culturally deprived, as if, say, I had never had a hot dog from a street vendor. Flash forward to 1999. I see the movie You've Got Mail, and I think about that book I saw years ago. Then I do some research and find out the books are being released again. I think, Finally! I can read the books now! I bought the first two, ostensibly for a Chanukah gift for my niece, but when they arrived the other day, I had to read them right away. Wow! I never thought the books could be so funny! There is a lot of adult humor in them, and the irrepresible Eloise will inspire adults and children alike. In a way, though, it was reliving my childhood, remembering that day almost thirty-five years ago in my neighbor's room. Now that I have read the first two books, I feel that my cultural education as a New Yorker is a little more complete. Don't worry, my niece will get the whole set for her birthday in March. And of course, next time I am in the city, I will think of Eloise and skibble over to The Plaza to see her portrait!
on April 7, 2015
The one and only Eloise.With wonderful invitations from the great hillary knight!!!
on February 4, 2017
What else can I say? I LOVE Eloise. I love everything about her, including her messy hair and her bad habit of drawing pictures all over the walls of her bedroom in the Plaza Hotel. My grandchildren especially love Eloise's pet turtle, Skipperdee, and her little dog, Weenie.
on March 31, 2017
One of my favorite growing up and now I am passing it on to my grand daughter.