Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals HPC Enlightenment Now Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Thor: Ragnarok available to buy Thor: Ragnarok available to buy Thor: Ragnarok available to buy  Three new members of the Echo family Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now TG18_gno

on February 5, 2014
Elta MD UV Shield Broad Spectrum SPF 45 - 7 oz.: The label on this sunscreen says it is for "Oily to Normal Skin." Thanks to a review by Paul Begoun (Beautypedia, Cosmetics Cop, Paula's Choice) in which she states that it is better for dry skin than oily skin - I gave it a try. I absolutely love it for my slightly dry skin. It is moisturizing, light, fragrance-free and gives a slightly dewy look, but not shiny - and I don't feel the need to put any powder over it. I see this working for Normal to Dry Skin. I don't see it working for Oily Skin.

I was using the Elta MD Clear SPF 46 on my face before trying this one. I would compare the two in this way: The "Clear" is far more expensive, feels a bit heavier on the skin with a very slight tackiness to it, is more drying and even though both are fragrance-free, the "Clear" has a bit more of an odor to it. The "Clear" is a great product, and would be especially good for oily skin I think, but for me, the SPF 45 wins hands down in every way!

I was using the Elta MD UV Lotion Broad Spectrum SPF 30 on my body before trying this one. The SPF 30 is wonderful, but I am now using the SPF 45 on both my face and body. The SPF 30 is lighter, almost refreshing, and feels just wonderful. But the SPF 45 feels really good too, is a bit more moisturizing - and I like the higher SPF and the simplicity of using one product on both face and body.

I should add that none of these products have given me any kind of a white cast. I have very light - but not truly fair - skin. I am a sunscreen junkie and have been all over the map with trying out different sunscreens for years - and Elta MD is the best I have found so far. It is hard for me to imagine any improvement on Elta MD UV Shield SPF 45. And Paula Begoun's Beautypedia reviews have been my bible for years. Just like I don't buy an appliance without checking it out first with Consumers Reports, I don't buy a beauty product without checking it out first on Beautypedia.com. I have saved a lot of money and avoided many disappointments by referring to Beautypedia first.
11 comment| 116 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on March 6, 2017
I've been hearing that Elta's products are the HG of sunscreen for years. So, I've finally got around to trying it. The texture is thick-ish. It does leave a white residue on my olive skin (this is why it loses a point). If I put some elbow grease behind it, the white cast mostly dissipates. My skin is normal and this product makes me feel like I have a primer on my face. I don't wear foundation but I imagine this product would work well underneath it.
on October 7, 2014
I have dark skin (think Naomi Campbell) and this disappears on my skin within minutes of application and works just as it claims. The 3 oz tube lasted for around 9 months so I can just imagine how much use I'll get from the 7 oz bottle. My only grouse is that I wish the pump dispensed a little less product in one go but that's easily rectified by not pumping to the fullest extent.
on July 28, 2016
I have sensitive skin, though not hypersensitive. Purchased this because it claimed it was good for sensitive skin but it burned my face. Took a couple of days for the burning and drying it caused to go away. The 50spf formula is much gentler.
on October 31, 2016
i have had skin cancer on my face 3 times, so must always have protection! love how big this bottle is, nice sized. use on face, neck, arms and hands daily. goes on easy, but must fully rub in so no trace of white residue. i have oily skin and this quickly absorbs and is not heavy feeling. however i do not wear it under my makeup, only alone, as my makeup has sunscreen
on January 14, 2017
As someone with both oily and sensitive screen, this product is wonderful. Every sunscreen I've ever put on my face has burned and left me extremely oily after a few hours. It's very lightweight and doesn't smell as strongly like many other sunscreens. So far my face has not broken out or been irritated by this product, and the 7oz bottle is pretty large, so overall it was an awesome purchase for the price.
on December 7, 2016
Great!!! I have super sensitive skin. This spf lotion is the only lotion that doesn't burn my skin or evaporate up into my eyes causing them to water. It is zinc based but it doesn't leave my skin white at all. Frangrance free... or at least a vague non perfume smell. I recommend for rosacea, sensitive skin, eyes and nose!
on October 4, 2017
I really like this sunscreen for use on my face. It is non-greasy, non-odor and my face didn't burn this summer. After having a basal cell carcinoma removed from my nose a few months ago, I am glad to have found a sunscreen that I don't dread putting on my face.
on October 18, 2017
This stuff is the best sunscreen I've ever used. It's not oily, doesn't leave we with a white cast, and works. It also doesn't run into my mouth when I sweat--or if it does I don't taste it. Goes under makeup great. I've been using it for a couple years now.
on February 8, 2018
I live in the tropics, after years of searching for a sunscreen that doesn't leave my somewhat oily face all shiny I'm thrilled to have found this sunscreen. It is the ONLY sunscreen I've tried that doesn't leave my face shinny.