Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now FFII_gno

Showing 1-10 of 10 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 23 reviews
on July 22, 2013
I originally purchased this book about two to three years ago, (which I believed I already left a review for it). When I purchased this book was when I started with my interest in becoming an embalmer and attending mortuary college. Even after realizing that this dream was not for everybody, I came to realize that regardless of whether you are studying to become a professional embalmer, funeral director, medical examiner, coroner, mortuary assistant, etc., this fascinating textbook is one heck of a historical reference for none other than a funeral service historian, by none other than one of the best mortuary science authors on the market as well, "Mayer".

So, whether or not you are studying for mortuary school, this book provides a great historical account and appreciation for anybody learning about thanatology, mortuary sciences, the tools-of-the-trade, and more. Worth every penny, of course, I have a knack for purchasing inexpensive textbook that are like locating the Holy Grail, and if you're a college student, then you can understand how expensive a textbook is, and how often if you do locate one that is relatively inexpensive, to snap it up in a heartbeat.
on October 13, 2011
This was the required text for all 3-quarters of my Embalming courses.

It's a pretty good book and will give the reader, or student, a lot of really useful information.

I kept this book even after finishing my Funeral Service Education degree and I really really encourage you to do the same!!!

Good Luck!!!

Jeff
Licensed Funeral Director and Embalmer
on March 11, 2013
The book is exceptionally well written and very on point as far the actual procedure of embalming the human body goes. The only complaint that I have is that the font is too small and can make for a difficult read at times. A must have for all Mortuary Students.
on October 15, 2013
I'm replacing books I used in college these are the ecact same books very informative though not the book they ask you to buy for class however there the books the dean teaches from. im happy to have them again.
on September 22, 2014
This book was in perfect condition ! I was very pleased with my order !!
on November 1, 1997
So you're just like me eh? Always wanted to close one eye, yet see what goes on in the "prep" room. Be prepared for a journey that is fascinating, intriguing - and downright morbid. This book is spectacular. Just don't read it alone - or after a close relative has "gone to the other side." I opted to "not go to the funeral profession after reading (and looking at the pictures) of this gem!"
on March 5, 2014
The book was in great condition & was reasonably priced.
on September 27, 2010
It is in depth, and vivid. If you have a weak stomach, do not get this book. But if you are serious about embalming, then this is for you. The book really covers everything.
on March 6, 2003
I am currently a student at the American Academy McAllister Institute of Funeral Services in NYC and this is the textbook we use for our classes. I find the book very easy to follow and it makes the embalming and dying process, both Antemortem and Postmortem clear. I would definately recommend this book.
on March 23, 2010
I bought this book brand new for less than used from most other buyers. Great deal!