Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheOnlyLivingBoy TheOnlyLivingBoy TheOnlyLivingBoy  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Paperwhite Trade it in. Fund the next. Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Customer reviews

Format: Paperback|Change

Showing 1-10 of 30 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 42 reviews
VINE VOICEon November 21, 2013
My kids (7 years old, 6 years old, 4 years old, and 2 years old) love Ed Emberley drawing books. With Ed's books, they can draw absolutely anything their little brains can imagine. The book predominately use shapes and step by step picture instructions for drawings that are easy enough for a toddler to follow. My 4 year old simply had to have this particular Ed Emberley book because his favorite color is green. There were several repeats from other books, but they never seem to mind. They love drawing the martians in this book.
on March 14, 2016
What a fun way to learn to draw!

I've always been jealous of the doodlers out there, and this is a fun way to let loose!
on March 11, 2002
These books are the greatest. I own all of the Emberly books. They are fun for adults and kids alike. You are never too old or young to learn to draw. This book will make you the most hip doodler in school or at work. Ed makes it really easy!
This book is from a series of 4 books from Emberly are the easiest books on drawing there are, period. Anyone young or old can learn to draw some great critters and vehicles from these books. ANYONE! All of his Big Color books are great, (They are a series, each named after a color). This one is famous for the easy way it shows you how to draw step by step a great big green dragon, but it is simple when you do it his way. This book includes a number of fun ideas including Frankenstein, sailboat and trees. He even shows you how to make yours unique rather than a copy of his drawings. You can be the doodle hero of your classroom or office after using this book. He does it simply using very simple steps, lines, and basic shapes to start you off. My favorite in the series would be the Purple Book, but they are all good.
If you want to move up from here and learn the terminology of what you are doing, and really become an accomplished artist, the next step after these are the terrific books by "Jack Hamm". If you just want to have some fun, get this book!
on December 14, 2013
Ed Emberley is just fantastic. I had only one or two of his books as a child (30-ish years ago) and once I found out there were more, I bought everyone I could find. My girls really enjoy them (now almost teens). The step by step approach to taking shapes they're familiar with and putting them together to make such cute drawings helps them to branch out into drawings of their own. We leave notes for each other and put something we learned to draw from EE's books on the note - brightens everyone's day!
on December 26, 2016
My son received this book for Christmas and got started right away making thank you cards for his presents by using the drawings in this book. I can tell this will get a lot of use by him.
on November 13, 2016
My sister and I loved Ed Emberly books growing up. I use them now for afternoon Pre-k and young schooler class at a daycare. WE LOVE TO DRAW! You can't improve on timeless greatness....
on April 7, 2017
God we just love this book. My 4 year old draws snakes and lions due to this book. A great activity for both of you.
on July 27, 2017
My great grandkids love all the Ed Emberley drawing books.
on November 25, 2009
So this book is the bomb yo. Seriously it has changed my life. The book teaches you how to draw with simple lines in easy steps. I go out and sit at a bar and doodle on napkins and I make new friends who are impressed with my talent. My wife is jealous of all the ladies. Not really, I actually used this book as a child to build my skills, now I am a decent artist, but I still doodle things from this book all the time. One of my favorite books in second grade-about fifth grade. I prefer the hard back, but the soft back is the same thing. I never had any of the other books, so to me this one is the best.
on October 5, 2012
These books are great for kids, my boys checked them out from school last year and spent a whole week drawing these wonderful pictures, even the 5 year old, you could see the story he was telling in the picture. They love all of these books. Each picture is drawn step by step. Really great books. Love the Dragons.