Industrial Deals Beauty Oprah's Book Club STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. Water Sports toystl17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 51 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 70 reviews
on August 22, 2013
I have enjoyed all of Kathleen Morgan`s highland books. I could feel the despair of Killian, Adam, and Ruarc. She doesn't just have the good and the bad in this story. She looks at the past hurts and misunderstandings that shape the characters. This book is all about forgiveness and taking that first step to give and receive it.
on October 25, 2012
First this is my husbands account, but my reads. I highly recommend the books by Kathleen Morgan that I have read so far. Wanted a Kindle Book that was a stand alone novel for vacation. Choose this one because the 'These Highland Hills' series was great reading. Kathleen quickly draws you into the involvement of her complex characters. I get lost in these books and could read straight through if time allowed. I like books I am unable to figure out the unfolding drama before the ending. Both Highland Hills and Embrace the Dawn pertain to the early years in Scotland. So in a side note, they are informative of a country and people group. Kathleen Morgan writes with heart and depth. Hope you too can enjoy one.
on April 19, 2016
I do not remember much about the book. I recently all the series of Bregden series about the Civil was erase and have red 7 of the Outlander Series
I am 1/4 Scottish am enjoying trying to remember the French I had 52 years ago and trying to understand the German though I never learned any German and the G is challenging.
on July 23, 2009
I'm a sudden Scottland Highland romance novel freak. This book was pretty good - there were only three things that bothered me. One was that there was never any description of them kissing or anything romantic physically - in that I was a little disappointed. It doesn't have to be R rated, but maybe a little PG-13 wouldn't have been bad. The second thing that I noticed was there were moments when I was reading that I found my self saying outloud "What about your son?". It seemed as if the main character forgot about her son during important times and that bothered me, being a mother of course. The third thing was the religious aspect. I felt as if someone who wasn't religious might not be able to see past all of the references to God and might get bored. Being religious myself, it didn't offend me, but it did seem to take away from the story just a little bit. Overall a good book, though.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 22, 2014
Though, the ending left questions and I don't like ending being unresolved. I suppose the author is leaving it as assumption but I like concrete. The big things were rapped up but I feel like I've been left hanging, hence the 4 stars. I'm hoping there is another book that follows that answers my questions.
BUT the book kept me reading and wanting to read, you can't ask for more than that in a good book. I will read more by this author. If there was a way to give it 4.9 stars I'd give it that.
on July 6, 2014
I really liked how the characters developed throughout the whole book. You could feel what each character felt and to be honest it was nice to read the book and actually read some American English. I loved how Kathleen incorporated the Scottish accents and family traditions, but hearing American English was really nice. Overall the book was great and I enjoyed reading about God and having it be clean. Thanks Kathleen for the great book.
on October 16, 2012
I really enjoyed reading this book. Kathleen Morgan never disappoints me when I read her books. I have read all the books that are available for Kindle by this author. I am always excited when a new one is released. This one was as great as all the others have been. I love the way the romance is combined with the faith and belief in God, but never in a way that makes the characters seem pushy or unbelievable. The love story was perfect. I am looking forward to her next novel.
on September 6, 2012
Kathleen Morgan is an incredible writer and this story did not disappoint. I was pulled in instantly and felt like I was there with Killian and Ruarc. Romance, adventure, treachery, mystery, this book has it all. If you are a fan of Kathleen or if this is your first book of hers you will not be disappointed.
on November 9, 2014
Captivating. I had difficult time putting it down. The novel actually took me to the time and place which is something I like in a book. Makes me feel like I am there. The end left me wanting more. I hope there is a sequel. I want to know more of what could possibly happen to this exciting couple.
on November 14, 2012
This book is so well written that I almost feel that I am in the highlands feeling the crisp air and smelling the heather. Ms. Morgan does such a good job on her characters that I always hate to get to the end of the book. I feel like they are friends and I want to know what the next chapter of their lives will bring. This is a great romance that shows what true love should be. You won't want to put it down.