Truck Reviews Beauty Best Books of the Month Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now Start your Baby Registry

on September 18, 2017
I wish I could have rated this higher. Having lost a child recently has probably clouded my view in ways it might not cloud the view of someone who has never buried a child. Is it comforting in many ways? Most certainly. There are aspects of which I am at great internal conflict. One example is an athiest going through the dark tunnel of love and warmth. Athiest may choose to remain in the comfort of the tunnel longer rather than immediately seeking the brilliant light and love? As a Christian, I can only believe once the athiest experienced the love and warmth of the tunnel, that they would no longer be an athiest. At any rate, it is a good read. Perhaps recently burying my only son has set my expectations too high for anything that I might read. My search may be different than others, so give the author a shot.
|11 comment|Report abuse
on May 10, 2017
When this book first came out after reading it twice (I always have to read twice to fully appreciate), I read the book within a few days and realized that many people I know could use this book almost as a self help type book and found it so inspirational that the following Christmas I purchased 5 of them to give as gifts. When it. And out in paper I ordered 10 more to handout as I saw fit and have to say most of the people I have it to also found it as inspiring As I did.
on September 28, 2017
If you know anyone who has depression and can't find purpose in life, this book will help. I've given it to 2 people who were planning to commit suicide, after reading this , they found purpose and joy once more. At the time I gave the book, I had no idea just how depressed they had been. I was so shocked when they shared that with me, and so relieved that the book had helped.
|0Comment|Report abuse
This book WILL change everything you believe in the afterlife! This a MUST READ book for people who wants to know our destinations right after this life. This book will restore your faith not only in humanity in general but to the Supreme Being and WHY's why we're all here. I used to be a very cynical people and a Fatalist view at that but after reading this book? My overall perspectives in this life completely changed thanks to Ms. betty J. Eadie and what she went through. I have always believed in a Higher power but now I'm assured on how that Supreme Divine Being ALL LOVED US regardless if we succeed in this life or not. This book will give you hope and the reasons WHY bad things happen to good people and why our sufferings has actually have meaning and lessons associated with them. "In order for you to be good? First, you MUST be kind. In order for you to be kind? You MUST KNOW suffering"- an Immortal quote and living testimony from someone very dear to my heart and makes me cry every time and nothing but the truth. I just cant tell all the stuff I have learned by reading this book WITHOUT spoiling it for you so it's better for you to read this book with an Open Mind specially when there's a Holy Bible around for it will open MORE doors of understandings. PLEASE don't delay this for your personal salvation is found in this book. This book WILL change your life....It DID mine. :)
on July 8, 2015
This book helped ease the pain of loosing a loved one. I've read this book several times and I can't say enough about it. The first time I read it twice. The next time I had lost my father, cousin, aunt, sister and my pet of 10 years all within 1 year, and the last time I lost my niece, aunt, cousin, my best friend of 30 years, and my other niece had cancer - all in 6 months. I'm not having a pity party I just wanted to explain why I read the book so many times - it really helped me with my struggle. I was raised Catholic and the teachings about death never made sense to me. After I read this book the first time I said "Now that's the way I always thought it should be". If you're struggling - read the book - it will lessen your pain. It's not religious - it's just a good book.
4 people found this helpful
on October 16, 2014
Wonderful book. Great details about Betty's experiences in the the higher worlds of heaven, our true home. It gave me much hope and comfort that all of us will be going home after we finally shed our physical bodies. Our lives on earth are incredibly short and are just a school to learn lessons that only can be learned while in a physical body on earth. And that heaven is real and is an unimaginable place of beauty, bliss, adventure and awe that words just can't describe. That we are all going there as soul - sinners, saints, drunks, bums, rich and powerful people, religious people, spiritual people, atheists, criminals, etc. the only ones that judge us there are ourselves. There is no hell; no place of eternal damnation; what a relief! The best thing and really the only things that really matter here are that we love others unconditionally, kindness to others, and our good deeds as in helping others.
6 people found this helpful
on December 25, 2017
We love this book. It helped my husband and I through the passing of our parents and it is inspirational for those who are in last stages of life as well. Every time we have a close friend going through the same, we give them this book to read and give to their dying loved one if desired. It is very comforting to have confirmation of the after life we all hope for.
One person found this helpful
on January 7, 2014
This book received some controversy back in the 80's or 90's. The story is that many who read it ended up preaching it's contents at church. Since this book is Betty's personal experience, it was never a good idea to preach it at church like it's doctrine - or even to personally endorse everything in it. This is an awesome book and I see it as food for thought or more data points in my research of what lies beyond this life. I would recommend reading it and just mulling over the info for your own personal gain. To preach it like it's new scripture is probably not the best idea. That goes for any NDE book. This is why most people who have had NDE's shy away from writing about it. It's personal and the general public will scrutinize it or wholly endorse it when they shouldn't. It's meant to just give us more data points in our search for knowledge. Some info may be spot on and other info may be meant symbolical and not real at all. Read this book with that in mind. I do recommend it though. This is a very good book!
2 people found this helpful
on September 14, 2014
I have read nothing which projected so much of Christ's love. I believe everyone who reads this should have a better understanding of what Jesus has for us. Many don't want to hear or read more "light", remaining in the "dark" and turning into the LIGHT causes many to feel blind. Jesus is revealing more "TRUTH" in these final days, than ever before. We must not dismiss one who gives so much of their being to us. Jesus is speaking and all was not revealed in the Bible. Paul wrote, he could not tell all he saw in the Spirit world. Jesus did not explain His experience on the Mount of Transfiguration. WHY.......because, like many today, they turn back into the darkness, this is where they are comfortable. Many of those who wrote the New Test in the day of King James, were not Christians, but God allowed much "truth" to be revealed, but it is obvious all was not revealed.
One person found this helpful
|11 comment|Report abuse
on June 2, 2013
I was given this book by a friend who asked me to read it and then talk with her about life after death. After I read it, I felt more calm and certain about the existence of an afterlife.

Shortly after reading it, the author was on Oprah Winfrey. Unlike many other authors, she was not seeking celebrity nor validation, nor even monetary gain. She was a very simply spoken woman who wrote about her near death experience and what she believes lies ahead for all of us. From a life accounting of all the pain we have created for others to a realization of the joy we have also brought to others' lives, to a greater understanding of those 'deja vu' moments we all have, this book is an account of her experience of life after death.

I have given a copy to many people who have lost loved ones (especially when those who have died were young and full of promise). All of them have responded with the same sense of calm and reassurance that we are here until our purpose is complete and then our lives end.

It gave me a new perspective in looking daily at what my purpose might be. Not a bad way to live.
2 people found this helpful