Bubble Witch Saga 3 Vehicles Review Enlightenment Now Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Three new members of the Echo family Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Paperwhite Game of Thrones: The Complete Seasons 1-7 now available on Blu-ray and DVD Shop now TG18_gno

on June 30, 2017
I've always been a spiritual person, conflicted between spirituality vs religion and my spiritual path vs my worldly path. This book and Betty's experience provides so many answers for me. Her experience is her own, as is mine, but her experience helped me to understand that I've been holding on to uncertainties, relationships that had come to an end, my broken heart and pieces over the loss of others in my life; friends, family, significant others and those lost through death. I've been trying to find myself and struggling to forgive myself for past mistakes; many that weren't even mine, but affected those that I love...my children included. I've lived my life to help others by trying to "make things better" and take their pain away. Unfortunately, I've delayed their life experiences and lessons, as well as measured my personal worth based on whether I successfully resolved their problems. It hasn't, can't and never will work. Their journeys aren't mine. I need to love with boundaries and learn to love and forgive myself. I need to live and love freely, yet knowing that I can't fix things for others. I need to continue building my relationship with Christ and praying with more purpose.

Throughout the years I've gone from the mental safety of having a black and white perception of wrong and right, to realizing that no one can truly know or understand another's walk through life; mentally, physically, emotionally and spiritually. I've gone from judgemental to feel "safe and justified" in my youth to feeling empathy and love for everyone, no matter what their sins may have been. We aren't what we've done/experienced, we are spiritual beings who've encountered challenges, change, struggles, joy, pain, blessings, loss, sorrow and success, all on different levels.

This is a must read. Even if you don't share the same beliefs, Betty gives perspective and wisdom. I hope you read this with an open mind and heart and are able to feel the spirit move you as I did.
on October 30, 2014
Loved this book to no end. It just never gets old. The imagery is beautiful and moving throughout, yet not too over-the-top to be regarded with utter incredulity. It, in many respects, evokes a sense of what Heaven really ought to be: eternal, beautiful, and spiritual in ways that are mysterious but wonderful to consider while we live out our lives in this world, and also something to be sought after. I thought the hounds from Hell were duly frightening & characterized evil in a graphic & disturbing way, as it should be conveyed. The book reads like the most compelling & beautiful dream of Heaven, but also with the threat of evil that is ever-present in this world. The idea that God sent a bauble of protection to Betty is unique, as in many other respects, to her story of a life after life, and offers cause to seek the grace of God when we think about our actions in our day-to-day lives.
I'm looking forward to the movie version of this book, just announced, that will be directed by Ridley Scott. I can only hope it captures the essence of this uplifting & moving story.
on August 15, 2014
I first read and re-read this book many years ago, and loved it. A New York Times bestseller for many months. I send these to family or friends who have lost someone recently and are having trouble dealing with their loss. Probably the best book I've ever read.
on September 28, 2017
If you know anyone who has depression and can't find purpose in life, this book will help. I've given it to 2 people who were planning to commit suicide, after reading this , they found purpose and joy once more. At the time I gave the book, I had no idea just how depressed they had been. I was so shocked when they shared that with me, and so relieved that the book had helped.
on May 10, 2017
When this book first came out after reading it twice (I always have to read twice to fully appreciate), I read the book within a few days and realized that many people I know could use this book almost as a self help type book and found it so inspirational that the following Christmas I purchased 5 of them to give as gifts. When it. And out in paper I ordered 10 more to handout as I saw fit and have to say most of the people I have it to also found it as inspiring As I did.
on January 19, 2018
My mom just passed away and someone recommended I read this book. I was told it would bring me peace in the midst of my grieving. I have to say that some of her experiences seem too constructed and contrived. It was too much of the same thing and I felt too much information for an experience that she claims at times she couldn’t clearly remember. I am catholic so I am a firm believer in Heaven and the afterlife but this book didn’t bring me solace. Honestly at times I felt disturbed....she mentions spirits that she knew and loved before her earthly life but she never once mentioned seeing earthly loved ones that had passed. My peace comes in knowing that when I die I will be reunited with my loved ones who have gone before me. A little over half way of the book I just starting skimming through. Not a book I’d recommend.
on July 8, 2015
This book helped ease the pain of loosing a loved one. I've read this book several times and I can't say enough about it. The first time I read it twice. The next time I had lost my father, cousin, aunt, sister and my pet of 10 years all within 1 year, and the last time I lost my niece, aunt, cousin, my best friend of 30 years, and my other niece had cancer - all in 6 months. I'm not having a pity party I just wanted to explain why I read the book so many times - it really helped me with my struggle. I was raised Catholic and the teachings about death never made sense to me. After I read this book the first time I said "Now that's the way I always thought it should be". If you're struggling - read the book - it will lessen your pain. It's not religious - it's just a good book.
on June 6, 2015
This is my favorite book of all time! This new copy is for me. I also have 2 copies to loan out (everyone that I've loaned it to has loved it). I have read a number of life after death books. While each person's experience is unique, I feel that Betty Eadie describes her experience in the most vivid detail. If you are a Christian, this story is exactly what we have been taught about the goodness of God and Jesus. It also tells us many things about love and life that we had not heard of before. I think everyone, not just Christians, should read this book. It gives us all some things to think about.
on February 18, 2017
Purchased this book for a dear friend who has been diagnosed with cancer and has been given a three- year survival time line (I read it several years ago) hoping she would find comfort in the story of Betty J. Eadie.
on October 16, 2014
Wonderful book. Great details about Betty's experiences in the the higher worlds of heaven, our true home. It gave me much hope and comfort that all of us will be going home after we finally shed our physical bodies. Our lives on earth are incredibly short and are just a school to learn lessons that only can be learned while in a physical body on earth. And that heaven is real and is an unimaginable place of beauty, bliss, adventure and awe that words just can't describe. That we are all going there as soul - sinners, saints, drunks, bums, rich and powerful people, religious people, spiritual people, atheists, criminals, etc. the only ones that judge us there are ourselves. There is no hell; no place of eternal damnation; what a relief! The best thing and really the only things that really matter here are that we love others unconditionally, kindness to others, and our good deeds as in helping others.