Amazon Vehicles Beauty Return your textbook rentals STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning whiteprincess whiteprincess whiteprincess  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis GNO National Bike Month on Amazon Ellen

Showing 1-10 of 589 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 899 reviews
on October 30, 2014
Loved this book to no end. It just never gets old. The imagery is beautiful and moving throughout, yet not too over-the-top to be regarded with utter incredulity. It, in many respects, evokes a sense of what Heaven really ought to be: eternal, beautiful, and spiritual in ways that are mysterious but wonderful to consider while we live out our lives in this world, and also something to be sought after. I thought the hounds from Hell were duly frightening & characterized evil in a graphic & disturbing way, as it should be conveyed. The book reads like the most compelling & beautiful dream of Heaven, but also with the threat of evil that is ever-present in this world. The idea that God sent a bauble of protection to Betty is unique, as in many other respects, to her story of a life after life, and offers cause to seek the grace of God when we think about our actions in our day-to-day lives.
I'm looking forward to the movie version of this book, just announced, that will be directed by Ridley Scott. I can only hope it captures the essence of this uplifting & moving story.
on February 17, 2017
I purchased this book for my parents who are older now and have always taken death hard with depression and fear especially when their own parents died. This book seem to be very helpful for them to have a new and better perspective about the after life. It was highly recommended by a therapist and I am very happy that they are learning a new positive way to deal with and understand that death is not taboo it will happen to all and that there is a way to accept it positively and not allow it to disable those who are left behind. The book is an easy read very compact and enjoyable. It fits in a purse and Betty J. Eadie's experience is very inspirational and her message is helping my senior folks feel more accepting of death and the after life. Very pleased with our purchase. It shipped very fast and in great condition.

[...]
on March 25, 2017
This book is a short, easy read. I have passed it along to many of my friends. I definitely recommend it! This would be a great travel/vacation book if you need to pass the time on a flight or just laying out by the hotel pool. Its an interesting story that makes you wonder if it is really true.
on April 8, 2017
This book changed my life, and helped me make the decision to get clean and enter a rehab program. Must read!!
on July 18, 2014
The first time I read this book 20 years ago, I was very inspired. This time I have an English-as-a-second-language student who is interested in Near Death Experiences, and who is trying to use the verbs she has been taught to speak in the past tense when necessary. I'm using this book for this dual purpose: it's written in past tense, is simple and inspiring, especially to the Christian mind set. When Betty Eadie died for 45 minutes on the operating table, she met the Presence of God which is individualized for each one of us; but she thought it was Jesus. That Majestic Being of Light did not correct her, but answered all her questions which were much more important for the stage she was in (and the stage so many of her future readers would be in when they find this book). It's a great book for Christians who are just beginning to peruse the subject of Near Death Experiences.
on January 30, 2017
I ran across this book by accident one day in the library. It absolutely changed my life! I have read it 8 times over a period of many years. I have purchased several copies of this book over the years to give to friends. Every book I have given away, I have heard wow! That book changed my life! It taught me more about life than about death. It opened my eyes.
on December 11, 2015
I love this book, it gives you hope, it gives your faith back to you in a world that is so uncertain any more. I have bought so many of these books through the years, and I keep giving them away to someone in need, so I have to keep buying for myself. whats a better gift to give someone than hope and faith afterall? nothing better.
on December 27, 2015
This is my second to!e reading this book. The first time was when my step=dad had been diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer, and the second time was Christmas through today. My mom passed away this past Thanksgiving, unexpectedly, and I've been having a very hard time with it. This book brought me each time so much comfort. The way she describes her experience is breath taking. I cried and I felt my heart fill with joy and faith that we do have a purposes and earth is not our home. We all go home someday to be with our define creator. Thank you Betty Eadle, for sharing your experience with us. I feel truly blessed. This book has touched my heart and has inspired me to do good for others.
on July 8, 2015
This book helped ease the pain of loosing a loved one. I've read this book several times and I can't say enough about it. The first time I read it twice. The next time I had lost my father, cousin, aunt, sister and my pet of 10 years all within 1 year, and the last time I lost my niece, aunt, cousin, my best friend of 30 years, and my other niece had cancer - all in 6 months. I'm not having a pity party I just wanted to explain why I read the book so many times - it really helped me with my struggle. I was raised Catholic and the teachings about death never made sense to me. After I read this book the first time I said "Now that's the way I always thought it should be". If you're struggling - read the book - it will lessen your pain. It's not religious - it's just a good book.
on October 16, 2014
Wonderful book. Great details about Betty's experiences in the the higher worlds of heaven, our true home. It gave me much hope and comfort that all of us will be going home after we finally shed our physical bodies. Our lives on earth are incredibly short and are just a school to learn lessons that only can be learned while in a physical body on earth. And that heaven is real and is an unimaginable place of beauty, bliss, adventure and awe that words just can't describe. That we are all going there as soul - sinners, saints, drunks, bums, rich and powerful people, religious people, spiritual people, atheists, criminals, etc. the only ones that judge us there are ourselves. There is no hell; no place of eternal damnation; what a relief! The best thing and really the only things that really matter here are that we love others unconditionally, kindness to others, and our good deeds as in helping others.