Industrial Deals HPC Spring Reading Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Made for you. Learn more. GNO for Samsung S9 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Mother's Day gifts SpringEvent_Lawn_and_Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon westworldS2 westworldS2 westworldS2  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now TG18PP_gno

on September 18, 2017
I wish I could have rated this higher. Having lost a child recently has probably clouded my view in ways it might not cloud the view of someone who has never buried a child. Is it comforting in many ways? Most certainly. There are aspects of which I am at great internal conflict. One example is an athiest going through the dark tunnel of love and warmth. Athiest may choose to remain in the comfort of the tunnel longer rather than immediately seeking the brilliant light and love? As a Christian, I can only believe once the athiest experienced the love and warmth of the tunnel, that they would no longer be an athiest. At any rate, it is a good read. Perhaps recently burying my only son has set my expectations too high for anything that I might read. My search may be different than others, so give the author a shot.
on May 10, 2017
When this book first came out after reading it twice (I always have to read twice to fully appreciate), I read the book within a few days and realized that many people I know could use this book almost as a self help type book and found it so inspirational that the following Christmas I purchased 5 of them to give as gifts. When it. And out in paper I ordered 10 more to handout as I saw fit and have to say most of the people I have it to also found it as inspiring As I did.
on September 28, 2017
If you know anyone who has depression and can't find purpose in life, this book will help. I've given it to 2 people who were planning to commit suicide, after reading this , they found purpose and joy once more. At the time I gave the book, I had no idea just how depressed they had been. I was so shocked when they shared that with me, and so relieved that the book had helped.
on August 15, 2014
I first read and re-read this book many years ago, and loved it. A New York Times bestseller for many months. I send these to family or friends who have lost someone recently and are having trouble dealing with their loss. Probably the best book I've ever read.
on October 16, 2014
Wonderful book. Great details about Betty's experiences in the the higher worlds of heaven, our true home. It gave me much hope and comfort that all of us will be going home after we finally shed our physical bodies. Our lives on earth are incredibly short and are just a school to learn lessons that only can be learned while in a physical body on earth. And that heaven is real and is an unimaginable place of beauty, bliss, adventure and awe that words just can't describe. That we are all going there as soul - sinners, saints, drunks, bums, rich and powerful people, religious people, spiritual people, atheists, criminals, etc. the only ones that judge us there are ourselves. There is no hell; no place of eternal damnation; what a relief! The best thing and really the only things that really matter here are that we love others unconditionally, kindness to others, and our good deeds as in helping others.
on December 25, 2017
We love this book. It helped my husband and I through the passing of our parents and it is inspirational for those who are in last stages of life as well. Every time we have a close friend going through the same, we give them this book to read and give to their dying loved one if desired. It is very comforting to have confirmation of the after life we all hope for.
on January 7, 2014
This book received some controversy back in the 80's or 90's. The story is that many who read it ended up preaching it's contents at church. Since this book is Betty's personal experience, it was never a good idea to preach it at church like it's doctrine - or even to personally endorse everything in it. This is an awesome book and I see it as food for thought or more data points in my research of what lies beyond this life. I would recommend reading it and just mulling over the info for your own personal gain. To preach it like it's new scripture is probably not the best idea. That goes for any NDE book. This is why most people who have had NDE's shy away from writing about it. It's personal and the general public will scrutinize it or wholly endorse it when they shouldn't. It's meant to just give us more data points in our search for knowledge. Some info may be spot on and other info may be meant symbolical and not real at all. Read this book with that in mind. I do recommend it though. This is a very good book!
on July 8, 2015
This book helped ease the pain of loosing a loved one. I've read this book several times and I can't say enough about it. The first time I read it twice. The next time I had lost my father, cousin, aunt, sister and my pet of 10 years all within 1 year, and the last time I lost my niece, aunt, cousin, my best friend of 30 years, and my other niece had cancer - all in 6 months. I'm not having a pity party I just wanted to explain why I read the book so many times - it really helped me with my struggle. I was raised Catholic and the teachings about death never made sense to me. After I read this book the first time I said "Now that's the way I always thought it should be". If you're struggling - read the book - it will lessen your pain. It's not religious - it's just a good book.
on September 14, 2014
I have read nothing which projected so much of Christ's love. I believe everyone who reads this should have a better understanding of what Jesus has for us. Many don't want to hear or read more "light", remaining in the "dark" and turning into the LIGHT causes many to feel blind. Jesus is revealing more "TRUTH" in these final days, than ever before. We must not dismiss one who gives so much of their being to us. Jesus is speaking and all was not revealed in the Bible. Paul wrote, he could not tell all he saw in the Spirit world. Jesus did not explain His experience on the Mount of Transfiguration. WHY.......because, like many today, they turn back into the darkness, this is where they are comfortable. Many of those who wrote the New Test in the day of King James, were not Christians, but God allowed much "truth" to be revealed, but it is obvious all was not revealed.
on July 18, 2014
The first time I read this book 20 years ago, I was very inspired. This time I have an English-as-a-second-language student who is interested in Near Death Experiences, and who is trying to use the verbs she has been taught to speak in the past tense when necessary. I'm using this book for this dual purpose: it's written in past tense, is simple and inspiring, especially to the Christian mind set. When Betty Eadie died for 45 minutes on the operating table, she met the Presence of God which is individualized for each one of us; but she thought it was Jesus. That Majestic Being of Light did not correct her, but answered all her questions which were much more important for the stage she was in (and the stage so many of her future readers would be in when they find this book). It's a great book for Christians who are just beginning to peruse the subject of Near Death Experiences.