Your Garage Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning powers4premiere powers4premiere powers4premiere  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 599 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 909 reviews
on October 30, 2014
Loved this book to no end. It just never gets old. The imagery is beautiful and moving throughout, yet not too over-the-top to be regarded with utter incredulity. It, in many respects, evokes a sense of what Heaven really ought to be: eternal, beautiful, and spiritual in ways that are mysterious but wonderful to consider while we live out our lives in this world, and also something to be sought after. I thought the hounds from Hell were duly frightening & characterized evil in a graphic & disturbing way, as it should be conveyed. The book reads like the most compelling & beautiful dream of Heaven, but also with the threat of evil that is ever-present in this world. The idea that God sent a bauble of protection to Betty is unique, as in many other respects, to her story of a life after life, and offers cause to seek the grace of God when we think about our actions in our day-to-day lives.
I'm looking forward to the movie version of this book, just announced, that will be directed by Ridley Scott. I can only hope it captures the essence of this uplifting & moving story.
on June 30, 2017
I've always been a spiritual person, conflicted between spirituality vs religion and my spiritual path vs my worldly path. This book and Betty's experience provides so many answers for me. Her experience is her own, as is mine, but her experience helped me to understand that I've been holding on to uncertainties, relationships that had come to an end, my broken heart and pieces over the loss of others in my life; friends, family, significant others and those lost through death. I've been trying to find myself and struggling to forgive myself for past mistakes; many that weren't even mine, but affected those that I love...my children included. I've lived my life to help others by trying to "make things better" and take their pain away. Unfortunately, I've delayed their life experiences and lessons, as well as measured my personal worth based on whether I successfully resolved their problems. It hasn't, can't and never will work. Their journeys aren't mine. I need to love with boundaries and learn to love and forgive myself. I need to live and love freely, yet knowing that I can't fix things for others. I need to continue building my relationship with Christ and praying with more purpose.

Throughout the years I've gone from the mental safety of having a black and white perception of wrong and right, to realizing that no one can truly know or understand another's walk through life; mentally, physically, emotionally and spiritually. I've gone from judgemental to feel "safe and justified" in my youth to feeling empathy and love for everyone, no matter what their sins may have been. We aren't what we've done/experienced, we are spiritual beings who've encountered challenges, change, struggles, joy, pain, blessings, loss, sorrow and success, all on different levels.

This is a must read. Even if you don't share the same beliefs, Betty gives perspective and wisdom. I hope you read this with an open mind and heart and are able to feel the spirit move you as I did.
on July 8, 2015
This book helped ease the pain of loosing a loved one. I've read this book several times and I can't say enough about it. The first time I read it twice. The next time I had lost my father, cousin, aunt, sister and my pet of 10 years all within 1 year, and the last time I lost my niece, aunt, cousin, my best friend of 30 years, and my other niece had cancer - all in 6 months. I'm not having a pity party I just wanted to explain why I read the book so many times - it really helped me with my struggle. I was raised Catholic and the teachings about death never made sense to me. After I read this book the first time I said "Now that's the way I always thought it should be". If you're struggling - read the book - it will lessen your pain. It's not religious - it's just a good book.
on January 7, 2014
This book received some controversy back in the 80's or 90's. The story is that many who read it ended up preaching it's contents at church. Since this book is Betty's personal experience, it was never a good idea to preach it at church like it's doctrine - or even to personally endorse everything in it. This is an awesome book and I see it as food for thought or more data points in my research of what lies beyond this life. I would recommend reading it and just mulling over the info for your own personal gain. To preach it like it's new scripture is probably not the best idea. That goes for any NDE book. This is why most people who have had NDE's shy away from writing about it. It's personal and the general public will scrutinize it or wholly endorse it when they shouldn't. It's meant to just give us more data points in our search for knowledge. Some info may be spot on and other info may be meant symbolical and not real at all. Read this book with that in mind. I do recommend it though. This is a very good book!
on June 11, 2017
Such a wonderful book! Betty explains her experience with such clarity that you can feel every detail as though you were right there experiencing it wirh her! This book opened my eyes to so much, and gave me confirmation about spiritual things that I had always wondered in the past. It even confirmed a past experience that I had of my own that several people did not believe actually occured, although my experience was quite different and much darker. This book is a blessing and provides clarity to all believers and even to those who question the existence of God and Jesus Christ. It has also given me a new perspective on the way I view the people we exist with on this earth. Very powerful read!!!
on October 16, 2014
Wonderful book. Great details about Betty's experiences in the the higher worlds of heaven, our true home. It gave me much hope and comfort that all of us will be going home after we finally shed our physical bodies. Our lives on earth are incredibly short and are just a school to learn lessons that only can be learned while in a physical body on earth. And that heaven is real and is an unimaginable place of beauty, bliss, adventure and awe that words just can't describe. That we are all going there as soul - sinners, saints, drunks, bums, rich and powerful people, religious people, spiritual people, atheists, criminals, etc. the only ones that judge us there are ourselves. There is no hell; no place of eternal damnation; what a relief! The best thing and really the only things that really matter here are that we love others unconditionally, kindness to others, and our good deeds as in helping others.
on April 8, 2017
This book changed my life, and helped me make the decision to get clean and enter a rehab program. Must read!!
on February 17, 2017
I purchased this book for my parents who are older now and have always taken death hard with depression and fear especially when their own parents died. This book seem to be very helpful for them to have a new and better perspective about the after life. It was highly recommended by a therapist and I am very happy that they are learning a new positive way to deal with and understand that death is not taboo it will happen to all and that there is a way to accept it positively and not allow it to disable those who are left behind. The book is an easy read very compact and enjoyable. It fits in a purse and Betty J. Eadie's experience is very inspirational and her message is helping my senior folks feel more accepting of death and the after life. Very pleased with our purchase. It shipped very fast and in great condition.

[...]
on March 25, 2017
This book is a short, easy read. I have passed it along to many of my friends. I definitely recommend it! This would be a great travel/vacation book if you need to pass the time on a flight or just laying out by the hotel pool. Its an interesting story that makes you wonder if it is really true.
on June 12, 2017
had a copy that I loaned out but never got back. would recommend this book to anyone searching for answers about death and everyday life issues. the section about why some people have diseases or die early is mind blowing.