Emerald Cocoa Roast Almonds, Dark Chocolate, 10 oz Canister (Pack of 4)
There is a newer version of this item:
- Pack of 4, 10-ounces (total of 40 ounces)
- Hint of dark chocolate flavored cocoa powder
- Excellent source of Vitamin E
- FDA daily recommendation for heart health
- Pack of 4, 10 ounce containers.
- Dark chocolate goodness that won't stick to your fingers
- Ergonomic, lightweight, unbreakable container fits easily in cup holders and backpacks
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
From the Manufacturer
|New Resealable Bags||100 Calorie Packs||Trail Mix||Breakfast on the go!|
|Discover your favorite||The Nutologists at Emerald are working tirelessly to bring you the tastiest breakthroughs in the realm of nut experience. Grab a bag and let’s hang out!||Fuel your on-the-go lifestyle with a 100 Calorie pack of your favorite nuts. This tasty and convenient snack will provide you with the energy you need to successfully take on the day.||A delicious blend of fruit, nuts, and chunks of granola. Fuel your hike and get to the top with our great-tasting nut mixes – pure pleasure for your taste buds.||Top off yogurt, spice up cereal, or eat it straight from the pack, Breakfast On The Go features crunchy granola, delicious nuts, and other tasty treats and is a great source of natural energy. The perfect way to start your day!|
Dry Roasted Almonds, Modified Food Starch (Potato), Natural & Artificial Flavors, Cocoa Powder (Processed With Alkali), Salt, Acesulfame Potassium, Sucralose. Contains Almonds. Allergy Information: This Product Is Processed On Equipment That Also Processes Other Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soy, Milk and Sesame Seeds. May Contain Other Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soy, Milk and Sesame Seeds.
Actual product packaging and materials may contain more and different information than what is shown on our website. We recommend that you do not rely solely on the information presented and that you always read labels, warnings, and directions before using or consuming a product. Please see our full disclaimer below.
Top Customer Reviews
Five individuals ranging in age from 2 to 50 tried these together and shared feedback. A few common threads emerged.
1. Chocolate doesn't come off on your hands: Very convenient as there is almost no residue left on hands even after holding a handful of nuts for a minute.
2. Very subtle chocolate flavor: For some this is a plus and for some this is a negative. You know the chocolate is there, but in my opinion it just leave you wanting more chocolate. I couldn't eat more than 10 or so for that reason. They were just plain frustrating. This was the consensus of 4 out of the 5 taste testers. The fifth loved them and plans on finishing off my canister and probably ordering more. They are definitely not milk chocolately, but have barely discernible, subtle dark chocolate undertones.
3. Dry: We all needed to drink water immediately after tasting the nuts as they dried our mouths out, much more than normal salted or roasted almost or any other nut for that matter. Three of us described them as tasting "burnt" or "too roasted".
4. We keep eating them: Even though I'm not crazy about these nuts - in fact only one of us was - we keep coming back for more about every hour or so. I get frustrated every time I do, either wanting a chocolate bar or just some plain old chocolate. Perhaps this is a good trait in a snack, that you can't keep eating them ad nauseum.
The 11 oz ergonomically comfortable container is about 8 inches tall and fits perfectly in your hand or in the cup holder of the car. The lid is screw-on rather than flip-top.Read more ›
Well, if that's the case, than these Emerald Cocoa Roast Almonds will alleviate those cravings while providing a healthy snack chock full of protein and healthy fats.
I only ate 5 of these almonds and was completely satisfied. The cocoa has a subtle, yet tasty, chocolaty flavor and the almonds tasted fresh.
My son, though, really enjoys these nuts and eats 'em by the handful. This is a good product I'd completely recommend.
The reason I gave them only 2 stars is because they fail to disclose on the front label that they contain not only one but two artificial sweeteners. This annoys me because 1) artificial sweeteners bother my stomach and 2) many people don't want to eat artificial sweeteners or give them to their kids. It irks me when manufacturers try to pawn their wares as a "healthy" snack yet omit the fact that they contain artificial sweeteners or ingredients.
One used to be able to spot artificial sweeteners easily by "sugar free" or "NutraSweet" clearly printed on the label but for some reason, the FSA allows products to contain sucralose (a.k.a. Splenda) without any clear labeling at all. You must read the ingredients to learn these nuts contain both sucralose and acesulfame potassium, two artificial sweeteners. Shame on you Emerald!
From the container:
Ingredients: Dry Roasted Almonds, Modified Food Starch (potato), Natural and Artificial Flavors, Cocoa Powder (processed with alkali), Salt, Acesulfame Potassium, Sucralose.
Allergy Information: Processed on equipment that also processes other tree nuts, peanuts, wheat, soy, milk, and sesame seeds. May contain other tree nuts, peanuts, wheat, soy, milk, and sesame seeds.
Nutritional Information per serving (l ounce): Calories 150, 120 from fat, Total Fat 13g, Saturated Fat 1g, Trans Fat 0, Polyunsaturated Fat 3g, Monounsaturated Fat 8g, Cholesterol 0, Sodium 25mg, Potassium 210mg, Total Carbohydrate 6g, Dietary Fiber 3g, Sugars 1g, Protein 6g, Calcium 6%, Iron 8%, Vitamin E 35%.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Great. Don't order too many doesn't store well gets stale.Published on August 22, 2014 by right2privacy
bought this by accident instead of blue diamond brand. When I tasted them they had a strange taste, like chemical taste to me. I immediately got a headache upon eating 3 almonds. Read morePublished on August 13, 2014 by Mary
I purchased Emerald Dry Roasted Almonds because I was looking for a healthy snack alternative to bring to work. Read morePublished on July 29, 2014 by Margaret Dalley
Is it about 3:00 pm, and is your blood sugar and energy low? Are you terrified that Robert Goulet is going to show up and mess with your stuff? Read morePublished on June 14, 2014 by The Reviewer Formerly Known as Kurt Johnson
These are really delicious. Not overly sweet. Very good for healthy snacking. They are a bit pricey but really good.Published on June 10, 2014 by Denise
I was disappointed; the nuts seemed old or stale. I doubt I will order these again. Not the quality I was expecting from Emerald.Published on April 12, 2014 by Janice L. Ouellette