Other Sellers on Amazon
Emergency! Season Five
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
1) The Stewardess - This was made in 1975, before airplanes had an AED on board (my old department got their first AED in 1991). Roy and Johnny are returning to Los Angeles from Sacramento, and a man had a heart attack on the plane. Roy and Johnny spend 30 minutes with this patient until landing and then on to Rampart (they are allowed to retrieve gear from the cargo hold). Today, airliners have an AED on board (and better packed first aid kits).
2) Equipment - This was made in 1976, before the advent of paramedic engine companies. Paramedic Gage is overtiming as a firefighter at Station 8 (normal for a big city department) when he and Captain Stone (who had been a paramedic) are treating a construction worker who had a heart attack and have to wait 25 minutes for cardiac drugs and a defibrillator because the only available squad was across town. Gage and Stone did their best with their brains and the equipment they had (as well as CPR), but the patient passed away. Had that happened today, Stone and Gage would of had the right equipment much earlier. REALLY makes you think - it hits home for a firefighter and an EMT or paramedic. I don't think any EMT or paramedic forgets the first patient they lost (I haven't - he was a 48 y/o male who died of a heart attack).
3) There are a few episodes in the Season 5 set where Johnny and Roy are dispatched to meet the Coast Guard.Read more ›
WELL, I DID EVENTUALLY SEE THE MISSING EPISODES OF SEASON 5. They were shown on MeTV....and they were just a rehash of the pilot film.
It is understandable why this 2 parter went missing.....it was not worth waiting for. Just watch the pilot film.
This is why it has been so disappointing that in this DVD set (as in the sets for the last two seasons) Universal has used prints that have had Season 6's open grafted onto each episode.
Look, I admit it, I'm still a slobbering fan of this show and my mile-wide OCD streak is showing. But I am grumbling heavily at the beginning of each episode to see and hear the wrong open. My nostalgia buttons are not being properly pressed.
All I can say is that at least next year, when they release the Season 6 set (I hope), at least the Season 6 open will be right for those episodes.
Unlike many television series upon passing a landmark like its 5th Season, EMERGENCY! implemented no significant changes to either its characters or the basic arc of each episode--Los Angeles County firefighter/paramedics Johnny Gage (Randy Mantooth) and Roy DeSoto (Kevin Tighe) are dispatched to rescue ordinary Southern California citizens from a variety of accidents and disasters ranging from gas explosions and suicide attempts to diet pill overdoses and accident scams gone wrong.
The victims are then raced to Rampart General Hospital in Los Angeles to be overseen by Drs. Kelly Brackett (Robert Fuller) and Joe Early (Bobby Troup) with assistance from Nurse Dixie McCall (Julie London). The show maintains its balance of big action pieces and quietly intense old school drama in Season 5, broken only by occasional moments of low-wattage humor, usually courtesy of (or at the expense of) Gage.
There's little time for subplots involving the character's personal lives beyond what occurs in the firehouse and hospital, and for series fans, that's a good thing--that only leaves room for more action. It's a world apart from current medical dramas, which seem to view each episode as a challenge to see how many story arcs can be crammed into its running time; viewers may find this uncluttered approach a refreshing dose of nostalgia or too simple for their tastes.
Fans, however, will undoubtedly relish another opportunity to ride with Squad 51 again.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
This DVD Has The EP Snake Bite, And Which Gage Get A Snake Bite While Trying To Rescue Some people Teens Who Ran Off A Dirt Road With Heavy Brush,Good EP And Action In This... Read morePublished 1 month ago by Amazon Customer
I Would say its awesome, as others sure did bring Back many Memories of when I watched it in the 70s,Published 1 month ago by susan wells
I love this show but in the 5th season of R.A. Cinadar's program about the LA Paramedics in LA county the show is starting to suffer as the writing gets much sloppier. Read morePublished 2 months ago by Graves
Finally got the res of the Emergency! episodes that have never been shown in Europe. Best drama/action series ever! Read morePublished 2 months ago by Kathy
I got most of my Adam 12 and Emergency DVDs at the same time. I bought them new through Amazon. I found most of the discs had issues with them and would not play all the way... Read morePublished 3 months ago by Tanker-yanker
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
Look for Similar Items by Category
- Movies & TV > Boxed Sets > Action & Adventure
- Movies & TV > Boxed Sets > Comedy
- Movies & TV > Boxed Sets > Drama
- Movies & TV > Boxed Sets > Television
- Movies & TV > Genre for Featured Categories > Action & Adventure
- Movies & TV > Genre for Featured Categories > Comedy
- Movies & TV > Genre for Featured Categories > Drama
- Movies & TV > Studio Specials > Universal Studios Home Entertainment > All Universal Studios Titles
- Movies & TV > Studio Specials > Universal Studios Home Entertainment > Boxed Sets
- Movies & TV > Studio Specials > Universal Studios Home Entertainment > Television
- Movies & TV > TV