- Paperback: 900 pages
- Publisher: McGraw-Hill Professional; 1 edition (December 11, 2001)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0071351426
- ISBN-13: 978-0071351423
- Product Dimensions: 7.3 x 1.3 x 9 inches
- Shipping Weight: 2.9 pounds
- Average Customer Review: 2 customer reviews
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #3,227,338 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Emergent Field Medicine Paperback – December 11, 2001
All Books, All the Time
Read author interviews, book reviews, editors picks, and more at the Amazon Book Review. Read it now
Customers who bought this item also bought
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
"If you are planning or considering spending some time oversees as a volunteer physician, this is the book for you. " "...there is no otherbook like this in the literature. It well be well worth the cost of purchase for any physician planning to so a stint of Third World medicine." (Journal of the American Board of Family Practice 2002-07-01)
From the Back Cover
Rapid economic and urban growth in countries around the world has spawned an urgent need for the immediate delivery of effective emergency care. Emergent Field Medicine is the definitive answer to this need, offering models, methods, and leading-edge analysis to health care professionals working in medically underserved and developing regions. This landmark text brings you a complete program for defining and delivering emergency health care any place in the world.
Based on the experience, research, and knowledge of the internationally respected expert authors, Emergent Field Medicine provides need-to-know information on establishing medical and surgical emergency programs, even in areas where there have previously been no doctors. This thorough and indispensable guidebook features:
* Never-before-available expert blueprints for building emergency care programs in medically underserved areas of the world
* Prioritizing guidelines that ease stress on health care workers and simplify decision-making
* Effective, efficient suggestions for the best use of resources
* Strategies for tailoring emergency care to local needs, cultures, climates, and special circumstances such as refugee situations
* Step-by-step plans for upgrading existing emergency programs
* Specific help with a wide range of emergencies from trauma to women¿s issues and dental problems
* Practical guidance on meeting needs from public health education to assessing nutrition and establishing a field laboratory