Industrial Deals Beauty Silent Corner STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Shop Popular Services powers4premiere powers4premiere powers4premiere  Doppler $139.99 All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis dm3 Shop Now toystl17_gno_dm3

Showing 1-10 of 16 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 19 reviews
on December 31, 2012
I recently read critical incident and just had to follow up with emergent pattern! The story continues in this book and the characters are so excellently pictured in your mind. The descriptions of people and places is quirky and memorable. While reading it you feel as though your watching a movie play out throughout each chapter. His excellent play of words and puns leaves you chuckling. I love some of the witty lines throughout the book! By the end your wanting more and that's why I gave it four instead of five stars! I think with every great writer the best is yet to come! If your a fan of thrillers and theories and have a mind that is imaginative I know you will enjoy this book as much as I did.
on December 14, 2014
A frenetic ride through the consequences of the events in "Critical Incident". The crime syndicate plans to make the entire city pay for their new Police Chief's recent exposure of their workings. Told from many different perspectives throughout the story, it is a wild, scary ride through the violence of thugs out for the worst kind of revenge.

There are periods of repetition in the storytelling, but it doesn't detract from the story.
on June 2, 2013
Initially I had a hard time getting a good feel for the voice and tone of this story. In many places it seems the author is telling a run-of-the-mill drama, yet the plot being played out is clearly that of a thriller. When Mr. Blackford ratchets the story and the dialogue up to the same intensity as the plot, it produces some very good parts of the book.

It could use a bit of editing for typos and sentence structure, and there is a continuity error in the dialogue in chapter 7 that really needs to be corrected. The story itself, though, is very solid and entertaining.
on February 22, 2013
in the Emergent Pattern world. Feels like a chapter instead of a full novel because there's such action you Don't notice the time or pages flying by. Immersive, exciting, and you're not ready for it to end. Can't wait for the final volume.
on February 28, 2013
A shadow world of dystopian, power-hungry despots that run a very profitable crime syndicate comes out of the woodwork for revenge in this thriller. Their coup is well-planned and could easily be successful in a world where good guys are less intelligent and resourceful. There are tech geniuses, good cops, excellent agents and regular people proving survival and empathy can turn us all into heroes, up against brilliant, evil, sadistic, but overly-arrogant bad guys. It's fast-paced and takes place in what seems to be mere minutes to save an entire city from evil doers. Love it.
on December 21, 2014
Wow!! I finished this book in such a short time...and when I do,it means to me a book is truly AMAZING! I really couldn't put it down and I was very excited to know what would happen next. I already loved 'Critical Incident' but 'Emergent Pattern' is even better! Chilling and an absolutely exciting read! I'm a very big fan!!
on June 27, 2013
Troy Blackford's Emergent Pattern has such fast-paced action, it leaves the reader on the edge of their seat. As with all of Troy's writing, I simply could not put it down. I loved the way he describes the action from multiple characters' points of view. It keeps the reading fresh and fun. And of course, it always keeps the reader on his or her toes. I'm a huge fan of Troy's writing, so I cannot wait until the third installment of this awesome story!
on March 14, 2013
Since I read Critical Incident and loved it so much, I knew I had to get Emergent Pattern. I was not disappointed. I loved it so much I couldn't put it down. I didn't want it to end. Troy Blackford has his own unique style of writing that makes you want to get your hands on everything he writes. I love his stories and will look forward to his next novel. Thank you, Troy for making reading such a pleasure.
on February 25, 2013
The evil people are not gone from the first of these trilogies, Critical Incident, they are back for revenge. The window cleaners are making a lot of noise, is this because they are incompetant? Downtown has a lot going on but all services seem to be frozen.
Highly recommend this second novella. Looking forward to the final story soon. Troy Blackford is an amazing author. I recommend reading all of his work.
on January 7, 2013
Troy continues his trilogy following Critical Incident with Emergent Pattern, and doesn't disappoint. Right from the beginning the reader is immersed in a world of crime syndicates bent on destroying everything good about the city and their residents, and in any way they can. His characters, like always, are big and well written - they feel like people you know. Looking forward to the next installment in the series.