Other Sellers on Amazon
Emerson Lake & Palmer - 40th Anniversary Reunion Concert
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Emerson, Lake & Palmer, also known as ELP, are an English progressive rock super group. They found success in the 1970s and sold over forty million albums and headlined large stadium concerts - one of the largest at California Jam (Cal Jam) in 1974 was in front of 200,000 people. The band consists of Keith Emerson (keyboards), Greg Lake (bass guitar, vocals, guitar) and Carl Palmer (drums, percussion). They are one of the most commercially successful progressive rock bands and from the outset focused on combining classical pieces with rock music. The legendary Rock Band reunited to celebrate their 40th Anniversary and headlined London's first High Voltage Rock Festival. This was the historic moment when Emerson Lake and Palmer performed for the first time since 1998. This spectacular performance with extravagant special effects and lighting recaptured the magic and musical genius of Keith Emerson, Greg Lake and Carl Palmer as they performed their greatest hits in front of thousands of fans and leaving a lasting memory of the stunning musicianship of these three legendary performers.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
- The video and sound quality in bluray. Great picture and great sound.
- Some interesting tweaks to the standard ELP arrangements. Nice that they changed up some of it, though I expect part of that was out of necessity
- There is a certain positive energy with this performance that was lacking in some other videos of ELP gigs (likely because they weren't fed up with touring with each other yet)
- It's just a another chance to enjoy a band I like quite a bit
- Yep, the band and the performance is a little rusty in places, despite that energy in the performance
- The arrangements are a little over-simplified in places
But hey, to see this band one last time in nicely filmed hi-def, I can live with it, and I fully admit 1-to-1.5 stars of my rating is because I really like the band and their body of work.
Most recent customer reviews
I was embarrassed for the musicians!