Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Emerson Portable Radio CD Player with Cassette Recorder (PD6548SL)
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Tall Heights Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Snacks Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer power_s3 power_s3 power_s3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Shop Now

on August 9, 2010
I bough this radio as a gift. I wanted to get a small radio, CD, and tape player that was easy to use for non-techie's. So far this item seems to have fit all these needs. It works well for radio listening and has a simple and easy to operate CD player. The tuner for the Radio is analog which is not that big of a deal as the multitude of buttons gets confusing for the non technical person. In addition the CD is easy to use and did not have to explain it to the user at all.

Pros: -Easy to Use
-Radio, CD and Tape
-Portable
-OK Sound quality
-Inexpensive

Cons: -Not for a techie or audio file who likes lost of controls and/or heavy bass
44 comments| 204 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 2, 2010
I just bought one of these and I must say for $30 I'm pleasantly surprised!
My children and wife use this when they play in the backyard and it plays loud and clear.
CD's,tapes the radio they all perform well.
So far about 8-10 hours of use using all sources and our first set of batteries is still going strong.

While not high fidelity sound (nor does it pretend to be) it's great for background music that's clear.
While the batteries do last long, you will need 8 C cells. That's a lot for a small stereo. But they also provide 12 volts DC so I guess it does'nt have to strain using less voltage.

We like it!
44 comments| 142 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 7, 2010
I have been happy with the quality of the sound on both radio and playing CDs. I got it specifically to play baby music, so I am not critical about bass or surround sound, etc. We have only used it plugged in so I can't say how well it runs on batteries or comment on battery life. It does what I need it to do and has a nice design, even though it is small enough to go unnoticed in any room.
11 comment| 95 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 15, 2010
I purchased an inexpensive CD player to use on occasion while visiting relatives. The CD player is easy to use. The quality of sound is fair. There is no way to adjust treble or base; therefore, it sounds a bit tinny. The radio reception is nill. I can only receive the signal from a few of the local radio staations & then the clarity is poor. I have not had occasion to use the cassette player. That being said, I primarily intended to use player for CD's so it is okay. I have only used the AC adapter so I cannot comment on battery life. I was dissappointed with the overall quality. I hope durability is better because it gets heavy use.
I wanted to give an update in regard to this product after 7 months of use. My CD player no longer works. The cassette player broke after being used twice. The radio is of no use. This product was a waste of my money. The CD player did play classical music well & was easy to use. I used the CD player for audio books from the library. While CD player was used extensively, it remained stationary & was well taken care of. It will be sorely missed.
0Comment| 122 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 13, 2010
I purchased this for my 89 year old mother. It is easy for her to use. She actually set it up herself and is using it with out any problems. I was worried because her eyesight is so poor, but she loves it.
on August 10, 2010
I haven't had it very long but it seems to work just fine. My neighbor bought one 10 years ago and it is still going strong so I will be very happy with mine if it does as well.
on September 13, 2010
So far so good. I own a preschool and use this daily - playing cassettes, CDs for the kids, and listening to the radio on my own time. Everything is working fine. It could be louder because of my needs, but probably fine for anyone not needing to hear it over laughing and silly noises from several "dancing" children. I am pleased, given the price and overall ease of use.
on September 6, 2010
well worth the price,plays cassette as well as cds,very good sound quality.would recommend others to buy the product.
on March 25, 2011
The CD player on the first one we purchased never worked-no spinning, no sound, nothing. So we returned it and ordered a replacement and the replacement doesn't work either. A CD will play for 5-10 minutes and then stop, the display reads "Er". We are returning it too.
on July 4, 2011
We bought this just so our daughter could have music CDs playing at bedtime to help her sleep. After about a month, the CD player completely stopped functioning. The lights are on, but no one's home.