Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Emile Henry Made In France Salt Pig, Oak
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- MADE IN FRANCE SINCE 1850. Made of all Natural Materials. High-fired Burgundy clay using Emile Henry's HR technology (high resistance)
- DURABLE.SCRATCH RESISANT. Extremely hard glaze; ceramic kitchenware does not scratch, does not craze and is durable for everyday use.
- BEAUTIFUL COLOR. Emile Henry ceramic tableware brings style and color to your kitchen. Pieces can be used in the oven, in the refrigerator or left on a countertop.
- EASY TO CLEAN. Dishwasher Safe or hand wash with soap and water.
- 10 YEAR GUARANTEE. 10 YEAR warranty against manufacturing defects when used in a household environment.
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
The Salt Pig is a charming and handy way to keep your favorite salt at-hand. The wide opening accommodates even the largest of hands, and the slightly arched hood helps keep your salt free of food debris while cooking. The simple, yet classic shape of this piece is further emphasized by the vibrant colors and deep hues of the glazes.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I was hesitant to get one so open to the environment, afraid cooking oils, etc would splash in. First ordered a model that had a lid. It was a fail, both with dealing with the lid and accessibility reaching the salt. So I bit the bullet and got this Emile Henry salt pig.
I've been quite pleased with it. Where I have it located, it's still within easy reach of the stovetop but I haven't had any problems with stuff splashing into it. Opening is wide enough I can easily reach into it, even when low on salt. If I need to move it to another part of my kitchen (such as something I'm prepping elsewhere needs salt), it is easy to handle, just pinch the top lip, carry it over, dispense your salt, put it back. Lightweight. Large capacity. Attractive contemporary design, too.
I have not had any problems with salt absorbing moisture and clumping up. The interior is left unglazed to absorb moisture and prevent that. I suspect people who have had a clumping problem either overfilled it beyond the unglazed portion or just have it in an extremely humid environment.
I gave it four stars instead of five because it's so overpriced. Otherwise a fine, functional piece.