- Series: The Book of Public Prayer, selected from the yearly cycle of the Hudhra, with the Volume of Kahnayta, which is the book of the Rites of all the Sacraments, as Celebrated in the Chaldean Church of the East.
- Leather Bound: 1095 pages
- Publisher: Chaldean Media Center (2013)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1467594385
- ISBN-13: 978-1467594387
- Package Dimensions: 8.4 x 6 x 1.5 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1.4 pounds
- Average Customer Review: 11 customer reviews
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #1,495,461 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Emmanuel Leather Bound – 2013
The Amazon Book Review
Author interviews, book reviews, editors picks, and more. Read it now
Customers who bought this item also bought
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Emmanuel contains two sections:
1. The Public Prayer of the Chaldean Church (Ramsha and Sapra) for Sundays, Memorials and Ordinary Days, translated into vernacular Chaldean as well as singable English. This section also includes a complete translation of Ba'utha.
2. Kahnayta, which is a volume of all the reformed Sacramental Rites of the Chaldean Church (Mass, Baptism & Confirmation, Absolution & Confession, Nishan & Marriage, Anointing of the Sick, and Funeral), available in both vernacular Chaldean and English, as well as selected Arabic. This section also includes devotional prayers such as Eucharistic adoration, as well as various blessings.
Introducing the Emmanuel book is a landmark essay by Mar Sarhad Yawsip Jammo, which is a comprehensive exposition on every major element of the Chaldean Liturgy, from the Liturgy of the Hours, to the Liturgical Year, to the Eucharistic Liturgy and all the other sacraments.
Browse award-winning titles. See more
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
An extensive introduction (in English) details the historical formation of the Chaldean liturgy since the early centuries. It offers valuable information to any scholar interested in the Church of the East.
The book contains the daily morning and evening prayers for all the liturgical seasons of the year. It also has the liturgy of the Mass and other Sacraments. One side of the book is a translation of the ancient Aramaic into the vernacular Chaldean. (You have to be able to read Chaldean to follow. If you can speak Chaldean but cannot read it, there are some introductory lessons on the Kaldu TV website.) But do not be discouraged, the other side of the book has the English translation. Many of the prayers also offer a side-by-side English transliteration to enable the novice in Chaldean to more fully participate in the liturgies.
I am grateful to those who have worked on producing this unique book. I strongly recommend it not only to all who are interested in preserving their Chaldean heritage, but also to anyone wanting a richer prayer life.