- Platform: Windows XP / 10 / 7 / Vista / 8 / 8.1
- Media: Software Download
Sweet Home 3D [Download]
- Draw walls and rooms on one or more levels
- Arrange doors, windows and furniture in the plan
- Customize colors and texture of furniture, walls, floors and ceilings
- View all changes simultaneously in the 3D view
- Import more 3D models and textures, and export plans and renderings
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Sweet Home 3D is an easy to learn interior design application that helps you draw the plan of your house in 2D, arrange furniture on it and visit the results in 3D.
Sweet Home 3D is aimed at people who wants to design their interior quickly, whether they are moving or they just want to redesign their existing home.
- Draw walls and rooms of your home from scratch or upon the image of an existing plan, on one or more levels.
- Change the color or the texture of the walls, the floors and the ceilings, importing images of your own patterns if needed.
- Drag and drop doors, windows and furniture onto the plan from a catalog organized by categories, in which you can import 3D models created by yourself or downloaded from the web.
- Customize the size, the orientation, the elevation, the colors and the textures of each piece of furniture.
- View the changes in the plan simultaneously in a 3D view, in which you can navigate either from an aerial view point, or from a virtual visitor view point.
- Create a photorealistic image of your arrangement depending on the time of the day and the light sources placed in the plan.
- Create a video from a virtual path in the 3D view.
- Annotate the plan with room areas, dimension lines, texts, arrows and a compass rose.
- Print the home plan and the 3D view or export them in files at PDF, PNG, JPEG, SVG, OBJ standard formats, to reuse designed homes in other software.
This product is sold by the developer of Sweet Home 3D and contains 1211 3D models and 418 textures.
|PC Minimum System Requirements:||PC Recommended System Requirements:|
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
If you are not sure if this is for you, start at the Sweet Home 3D website and try it as a Java program that runs online in your browser. You can try it out, watch the tutorials linked on the website, and read the how-to's and decide if it is what you want.
What the program allows you to do is draw the walls of a floorplan and add in windows and doors in a very easy drag and drop fashion. You then add in the floor and drop in furniture. Next, select the color of each wall, the floor, and each item of furniture. You can even add in dimensions and print it all out as a floorplan. To see what it looks like as built, switch to the 3D screen and you will see it as if you are actually looking at the completed room. You can walk through each room and see it as you would see it in person. If you can't find an item of furniture or a door or window you need, you can install the free Sketchup Make program, search the Sketchup 3D Warehouse and import any 3D model, or draw your own in Sketchup (steep learning curve, but worth it). Then you can export the Sketchup model as a Collada file and import that file in Sweet Home 3D and use it in your floorplan.
On a final note, I have used Sweet Home 3D for two months now on Windows 7 and have never experienced a crash or error, so I appears to be a solid program.
Like I say, it's reasonably easy to use but does require some time to learn how to adjust sizes and move items around to where you want them. I think I spent perhaps 6 hours before I was a competent beginner, then another 8 hours until I was able to design a very nice addition. A little patience is necessary but I found it to be a lot of fun.
There appears to be no easy way of adding a roof to your design but for me that is not really a problem. I intend to bring my design to an architect for his or her suggestions and ideas and have a set of plans drawn up that can be used by the various contractors.
This is a well made, very stable program. No glitches or problems in any way. highly recommended. Some YouTube help is available.
Most recent customer reviews