Emotion 90245 Spitfire Sit-On-Top 8 Foot Kayak, Green
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Constructed of High Density Polyethylene for superior strength and durability; 240 lb. weight capacity
- ST Performance Hull offers execptional stability and tracking
- Front, rear, and side carry handles for easy transport
- Rear tankwell with cargo net lacing for storage
- Molded-in freedom footwells for comfort and secure foot bracing; Hull is backed by a 5-year limited manufacturer warranty
- Blow-Molded from Ultra-Durable UV Protected High-Density Polyethylene Plastic
- ST Perfomance Hull Offers Exceptional Stability and Tracking
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers also shopped for
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
|Item Dimensions||14 x 31.5 x 96 inches|
|Shipping Weight||41.8 pounds|
|Weight Capacity Maximum||240 pounds|
The Emotion Spitfire 8 is a user friendly sit-on-top kayak that is designed for paddlers looking for performance, stability and affordability. The ST Performance Hull gives this shorter kayak a surprising amount of speed and tracking for its size, without sacrificing stability. It is equipped with great features like the padded seat back and a tankwell with cargo net that is typically found on more expensive kayaks. Molded in foot wells are comfortable yet provide secure foot placement. Self-bailing scupper plug holes in the cockpit and tankwell are a standard feature which help keep the inside of the Spitfire dry and comfortable. The extra volume and high capacity make this kayak the perfect fit for paddler from kids to adults under 245 lbs. Emotion Kayaks are built in the USA using highest quality domestic and import components.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I read most of the reviews on Amazon, and thought I had something worthwhile to add:
1. The kayak was delivered in a plastic bag, no box, but it was in good shape when I got it. There are three plastic screw out plugs on the aft-top section of the kayak. They were all there when I got the kayak. There are self draining holes in the bottom of the kayak below the seat at up where your feet go. They are meant to be open and drain water from the sitting area on top of the kayak during use. I suspect that's what some of the comments are referring to regarding unplugged drain holes. All plugs needed came with the kayak.
2. The Spitfire 8 tracks just fine. Use a proper paddling technique and keep your butt centered in the seat and it handles like a dream. It also turns very easily when you want to which makes it really nice in small, tight rivers and creeks.
3. It's fairly comfortable for a sit on top. It's no LaZeeboy, but it's not bad. I use it for two to three hours at a time and have no problems with comfort. The back rest is supportive and adjustable.
4. The other 8-foot kayaks have either a squared-off stern (slows you down), crappy tracking/handling characteristics, or were uncomfortable. The Spitfire 8 was the best of the "little" kayaks, not the best kayak I've used by a long shot.
5. The weight ratings are conservative. I stand 5'10" and weigh 170 lbs, my son is 6' tall and 220 lbs. We both use the kayak comfortably, and have no problem with how the boat sets in the water or handles.
6. This is not a kayak for people who are thinking about "serious" kayaking like a three day trip through the boundary waters. There are much better kayaks for exploring or going fast or fishing or "whatever". This is a sort of multi-purpose kayak whose primary advantage is that it's small enough to fit inside even a little car so that transport is very easy and secure.
Beware they are wider than they look at about 32", so your paddle needs to be longer to accommodate.
Unfortunately these kayaks are a bit too flat on the bottom so we will need to add a skeg to the bottom for better tracking.