- Hardcover: 280 pages
- Publisher: TalentSmart; Har/Dol En edition (June 16, 2009)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0974320625
- ISBN-13: 978-0974320625
- Product Dimensions: 7.1 x 5.3 x 1.2 inches
- Shipping Weight: 13 ounces (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: 1,388 customer reviews
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #148 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ $3.99 shipping
Emotional Intelligence 2.0 Hardcover – June 16, 2009
|New from||Used from|
The Amazon Book Review
Author interviews, book reviews, editors' picks, and more. Read it now
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
"Emotional Intelligence 2.0 is a fast read with compelling anecdotes and good context in which to understand and improve your score."
"Surveys of 500,000 people on the role of emotions in daily life have enabled the authors to hone EQ assessment to a 28-question online survey that can be completed in seven minutes."
--The Washington Post
"Read worthy strategies for improving emotional intelligence skills make this our how-to book of the week. It's nice to know that average IQ doesn't limit a person to average performance. And who can resist an online quiz with instant feedback?"
From the Inside Flap
--THE DALAI LAMA
For the first time ever in a book, TalentSmart's revolutionary program helps you identify your EQ skills, build these skills into strengths, and enjoy consistent performance in the pursuit of important life objectives. The book contains 66 proven strategies from a decade-long effort to accurately measure and increase emotional intelligence. These strategies will help you to capitalize on the skills responsible for 58% of performance in all types of jobs.
Includes a passcode for online access to the world's bestselling emotional intelligence test, the Emotional Intelligence Appraisal®, which will show you where your EQ stands today and what you can do to begin maximizing it immediately.
Rooted in sound research involving more than 500,000 responses, this new edition of the test will:
-- Pinpoint which of the book's 66 emotional intelligence strategies will increase your EQ the most.
-- Reveal the specific behaviors responsible for your EQ scores.
-- Allow you to test yourself a second time to measure how much your EQ has increased from your efforts.
The book's smooth narrative style turns rigorous research into memorable stories and practical strategies that anyone can use to his or her advantage.
With 90% of top performers high in EQ, and EQ twice as important as IQ in getting where you want to go in life, who can afford to ignore it?
Try the Kindle edition and experience these great reading features:
1,388 customer reviews
Review this product
Read reviews that mention
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I loved it all, but I have picked out my favorite parts of each section:
Self Awareness Strategies:
1. Ask others for feedback about how you handle your emotions and listen carefully to what they say.
2. Weekly or bi-weekly take stock of your life and write down situations that you didn't deal with well and then list which quality that you wanted to honor but didn't. For example:
Honesty is the quality and then write down a situation that I didn't handle well where I wasn't completely honest. The next time a situation like this comes up, I might deal with it differently because I will remember the list.
Self Management Strategies:
1. To prepare for change, make a list of things in my life that could possibly change and write down ideas for how I could deal with that. I really enjoyed doing this and it really has been helpful.
Social Awareness Strategies:
1. Become a great observer. Learn how to sense the mood of a room and check to see if your observations are correct.
1. Listen. Listen. Listen. Don't interrupt.
Relationship Management Strategies:
1. Use these phrases more: "I am sorry." "Please" "Thank You"
Fabulous book. I highly recommend it.