Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Shop Shop Popular Services _fof _fof _fof  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now toystl17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 814 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 926 reviews
on February 19, 2015
I really wish I had read this book in high school and better yet had a course in it. It would have saved me a lot of grief. As a society, we need to teach children how to deal with emotions. I wish I had not taken it out of the library because the code in the back only works for one person. So, I was not able to take the EQ (Emotional Intelligence)test. I may need to buy the book.

I loved it all, but I have picked out my favorite parts of each section:

Self Awareness Strategies:

1. Ask others for feedback about how you handle your emotions and listen carefully to what they say.
2. Weekly or bi-weekly take stock of your life and write down situations that you didn't deal with well and then list which quality that you wanted to honor but didn't. For example:
Honesty is the quality and then write down a situation that I didn't handle well where I wasn't completely honest. The next time a situation like this comes up, I might deal with it differently because I will remember the list.

Self Management Strategies:

1. To prepare for change, make a list of things in my life that could possibly change and write down ideas for how I could deal with that. I really enjoyed doing this and it really has been helpful.

Social Awareness Strategies:

1. Become a great observer. Learn how to sense the mood of a room and check to see if your observations are correct.
1. Listen. Listen. Listen. Don't interrupt.

Relationship Management Strategies:

1. Use these phrases more: "I am sorry." "Please" "Thank You"

Fabulous book. I highly recommend it.
11 comment| 71 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 5, 2016
I found this book well written, clear, and relevant. I would have given it a 5 star rating except that amazingly for all it delivers, it does feel as if it has a bit of unnecessary padding. Also, I'm not on board with the blanket statement "don't take notes at meetings". I believe there is a right way and a right time to take notes in some meetings; but they don't get into any of that important nuance.
on August 19, 2016
I first heard Travis Bradberry speak on the subject of emotional intelligence at the Global Leadership Summit. I was so intrigued by how this concept could help me engage with others in my family and business, I picked up the book. Easy to read, but packed with application, I soon found my highlighter running out of ink. What I am left with is a masterpiece of marked practices that as I grow will empower me to be less stressed, more in control of my own thoughts and feelings, and better relationally with my family, friends, and business associates!
on March 14, 2015
EQ is something that is know about but discussed very little. Being able to build relationships in business situations is crucial in your success. This books breaks down those attributes as well as showing how you can build your EQ over time. Recommended.
on March 21, 2015
Daniel Goleman's introduction to Emotional Intelligence caught our attention years ago, this book Emotional Intelligence 2.0 finally clarifies both what it is and also provides a series of activities to help you measure yourself and other on-line resources and activities in the book to help you improve and develop your EI. Great book!! Helps you understand what it is and how to develop it.
on May 26, 2017
Easy to read, but there are better books on EI (especially those by Daniel Goleman). The test offered in the book is somewhat rudimentary. There are much better assessments available for a price - - "you get what you pay for".
on May 9, 2017
Book is too short. It's core idea is interesting. But it reads more like an extended blog post. May be a good first read for those interested in learning more about EG - but if you have any prior knowledge on the subject, you will be disappointed.

Oh - and the free EQ test that comes with it... a generic 10 question survey. There are better free test available online.
on December 18, 2016
The tracks cut off abruptly towards the end. The author is cut off in mid-sentence which really throws you off if you are listening intently because you lose that bit of information that is not said. Besides that this book/audio is worth every penny.
on August 30, 2016
I am a big fan of Travis Beadberry's advice and blog entries. I respect him as an author, but this is pretty crayons level stuff and I expected more from this.
on March 30, 2015
I read an EQ book I college and I didn't realize how much it took hold until I found this book. I did not realize how much of this I had taken to heart. It has been a great refresher course as well as an insightful look at how EQ has changed over the years. I would recommend this book to the old and new students of EQ and wish them the greatest journey of discovery and self awareness of the individual that matters the most... themselves. Enjoy!!!