- Hardcover: 320 pages
- Publisher: University of Hawaii Press (January 2003)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0824825632
- ISBN-13: 978-0824825638
- Product Dimensions: 10.1 x 7.4 x 0.9 inches
- Shipping Weight: 7.2 ounces
- Average Customer Review: 1 customer review
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #6,075,273 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Empire of Emptiness: Buddhist Art and Political Authority in Qing China Hardcover – January, 2003
|New from||Used from|
"All scholars of the Qianlong era, of early modern Mongol studies, of Tibetan Buddhism, and of pre-modern China studies will find the book indispensable."
About the Author
Patricia Berger, former curator of Chinese art at the Asian Art Museum, San Francisco, is associate professor in the Department of the History of Art, University of California, Berkeley.