Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Empire: Total War Collection [Online Game Code]
Your Garage Buy 2 kids' books and save Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Snacks Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer PilotWave7B PilotWave7B PilotWave7B  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis DollyParton Shop Now

on July 17, 2013
ETW has been a pleasure to play.

Economics/Development - Economics and trade are both somehow more complex and yet easier to understand. Much better than previous editions in the TW family. You are not only able to know where your goods are going and how they are getting there, but you have much more ability to develop trade resources and economic infrastructure. The system of raiding trade routes is satisfying, and you can see the financial impact of blocking trade to an enemy. Unlike previous TW games, settlement growth is not confined to the one city per province model. Rather you have a regional capital where you recruit troops and build/expand buildings, and scattered about your province you have villages that crop up and eventually develop into towns or ports and you can determine what type of town you want, based on needs and goals. This for more interesting play AND adds an added element to warfare, where the goal might not necessarily be outright conquest of a territory (or you might not be strong enough to take the capitol), but you can disrupt research, destroy farms, damage the economy and create religious and social unrest by attacking other settlements in a region. It's no longer enough to just defend the city but the entire region as well.

Land Warfare - Is familiar enough and intuitive with earlier TW games.

Naval Warfare - Is difficult, especially when you control multiple ships. Luck plays a much greater role than in land warfare, in that wind and wave can impact your shots, and sometimes you lose a mast, or catch on fire, or just freaking explode. But it's an interesting challenge!

Agents - Gentlemen and Rakes are an interesting change and, I think, totally appropriate to the setting. There are discussions on the TW forum about the utility of the agent characters for different purposes, but I like the way they are employed.
on June 23, 2016
In my opinion, this game is for those who like slow turn based games. I believe it is simply terrible because it reminds me of a slapstick comedy that is mocking imperialism and warfare. Every time a new turn takes place, I heard a loud gong sound, and I would have to turn down the volume. The narrators voice sounded sarcastic as I listened to the prompts and she spoke about the various options of the game etc. I could tell they were likely mocking this period of time. Then, every time I made a play, I had to wait for the other computer players and watch them make their choices. If you press space bar and select another option that I can't remember, it would speed the process up but not enough to warrant my time. Graphics were fun to watch but the game became tiresome and boring very quickly. I do like the warfare part better than Age of Empires though, and the game should be real time like Age of Empires if they want to appeal to a wider demographic of strategy players.
on October 19, 2013
I have played 73 hours so far. It's addicting. I don't even watch tv anymore. It is especially easy to download from amazon, no need for a cd/dvd to load, and you can download it as many times as you need. If you are a strategy game lover than this is for you. It plays similar to Civilization except that when 2 armies meet you actually can control what happens.
on June 21, 2013
I liked Rome total war and this further improved the legacy of these turn base strategy games. I would recommend to friends.
on April 29, 2013
I think I played about every country and would keep playing it. enjoyed the game a lot and look forward to many more battles!
on May 16, 2013
This game rocks! There is strategy and all the elements of war. This game is even educational. You are able to take on the view of a military commander and instead of worrying about the economy there are two types. Skirmishes, and Conquest. Conquest has a economic factor while the skirmishes is also more of a Age of empires without the economic factor.
on December 20, 2012
The game key is delivered instantly.
But for some random reason, Steam won't acknowledge the key.
My other game works fine, there's only problem with this game.
on July 3, 2014
Steam was a bit of a hassle. The game is great. Naval battles FTW
on October 28, 2013
Thought it would be more like the interface like the other total war games. Instead seriously disappointed me. Wish I could go back in time and stop myself from downloading it
on March 7, 2014
The overall flow of the game was tad disappointing.
I've tried it a few times, but it doesn't grab me like Rome 1 or Medieval 2 does.

See 1 answered question