Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Most Anticipated Fall Children's Books STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New Album by Prophets of Rage PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now STEMClubToys17_gno

Format: Blu-ray|Change

Showing 1-10 of 1,213 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,532 reviews
on May 4, 2016
Finally the fairy tale gets a reality check. When the fairy tale princess falls to the real world and luckily meets 2 people Morgan and her dad. While dad thinks Ms. Princess is nuts (like any grown adult) his daughter Morgan knows for sure this is the real deal (like all girls her age I've met anyway). I love how Gieselle begins to feel things she wouldn't feel in fairy tale movies like anger and how Robert (Morgan's dad) begins to really like her but still think she's kind of nuts. I have to admit like any romantic sap my favorite part is the dance at the romantic ball not only were all the costumes beautiful but the song "So Close" was also beautiful. I actually cried (but so did my fiance lol). This is a great movie for the little girl in your life who loves happy endings and the grown up who would never admit it but still hopes for the happy ending. And the ballroom dance of course.
on September 16, 2017
Should I admit I watched this at least four times and would again? And again? This movie is a riot and still explodes with good will and romance. A spoof on fairy tales, it hits the mark every time. So, even this old lady who has sophisticated movie tastes is a sucker. As any fairy tale should, there is magic and clearly defined good and evil with the Good winning. (Oops, spoiler...I am sorry.) Don't let that poofy dress and unstoppable toothy cheerfulness fool you, our heroine is no weakling. The story twists and turns in directions you can't foresee...not an easy feat when you know this is still fairy tale. The songs are spirited and hilarious. The Happy Working song is brilliant! The seamless mix of animation and real life so clever. I mean how can you not root for Pip the chipmunk? Stand out performances by James Marsden and Timothy Spall. Amy Adams is phenomenal and perfectly cast. I enthusiastically recommend and even though it is even better watching with my granddaughter...not really necessary.
on March 21, 2017
Such a great family movie! If you haven't seen it yet, even if you don't have kids, watch it. You will be so glad you did. So so so many hilarious moments all through the movie! I would watch again in a heartbeat!!
on October 10, 2013
Sorry if I spoiled the plot or ending for you with my title there, but come on...this is a Disney film marketed towards families (I think...) Anyway, you'll enjoy this film because it smartly takes what we love about those classic Disney animated fairytales and puts them smack in the middle of our modern-day society...live-action and all. Normally I am weary of these "fish out of water" stories as these unlikely matchups rarely work out well. I am happy to say that this film works and therefore becomes an exception to that trend. Amy Adams was enjoyable to watch and she really ought to consider a career on Broadway...seriously, do it now! Patrick Demsey was funny as the straight-man surrounded by these fairytale characters and his daughter, who totally believes in their origin...I always enjoy the straight man because he's funny without trying. Was the film cheesey and predictably at times...of course, this is a Disney-created fairytale, but I'm past that. James Marston is also funny in a more obvious way because he never really embraces 21st century New York City. Susan Surandon was a good villain, but again, pretty standard and predictably...perfect for this Disney fairytale...even her magic powers didn't surprise me. The animated squirrel coming to life in New York was pretty cool (apparently the CGI for that took forever...time well spent.) If you can't already guess, I would recommend this film to Disney fans young and old because it brings together what each generation loves about it's movies. Enjoy. P.S.: If your loved one likes fairytales, it wouldn't be the worst date movie...save it for a fun, silly night.
on March 10, 2015
I have to admit that I only recently fell in love with this movie. The music is great and the characters are so over the top, it's hysterical. The style of this movie is exactly why I love visiting Disney World. Yes, we all know that Disney World is over the top and not the real world... but there's a little piece of me that thinks a little piece of Disney could be real. So we all go, knowing that it isn't real, but hoping that some small piece is real, and reveling in the sheer goofiness and silliness of it all and, yes, laughing at ourselves for holding out hope. This movie captures that feeling perfectly.

One little nugget from the movie:

Amy Adams: Now if only I can find a place to rest my head for the night.
Patrick Dempsy: What kind of place?
Amy Adams: I don't know. Maybe a nearby meadow or a hollow tree.
Patrick Dempsy: A hollow tree?
Amy Adams: Or a house full of dwarves. I hear they're very hospitable.

Amy Adams is spot on, as is the guy who plays Prince Edward. I highly recommend this if you are willing to just go with the spirit of the movie and laugh at yourself for humming a happy little working song.
on May 16, 2017
I love this movie... my husband loves this movie... my daughter loves this movie... my grandchildren love this movie... need I say more?!
Amy Adams is the picture perfect cartoon come to life princess from facial expressions, to body movements, to song. Disney scored big with her performance, introducing the rest of the industry to her talent and insuring all the staring roles since.
on December 12, 2013
Great Movie that manages to balance both Parody and Homage to the genre of Fairy Tale ! I was not sure I was going to like this movie based on early reviews when it first came out. Then when finally did it was a great surprise. Amy Adams does a great job in getting you to both laugh and sympathize with her character's dilemma without going over the top ( comes close but keeps it in check for the entire film . ) James Marsden , and Patrick Delaney are also wonderfully believable as well as the rest of the cast. This was made at a time when musicals were just coming back into mainstream so it really has to be viewed on DVD now and enjoyed in that context if you passed it up before. A must see ! Parents should pre-view before letting pre-teens and younger watch for only a couple scenes. Overall a great movie !
on September 7, 2017
If you love Amy Adams, you love this uplifting and charming movie. It's a movie for all ages!The music, is delightful, choreography is wonderful, not to mention the special effects. Disney outdid themselves in this "Enchanting" film! Susan Sarandon is fantastic as the evil queen, and Patrick Dempsey is the handsome romantic male lead. Enjoy!
on August 18, 2017
Very good movie. My 10 year old really liked it as well. She wants to keep renting it, so I guess I'll have to go buy it. The only part I don't care for, and maybe I'm being picky, is the part where the little girl talks to the princess and says something to the effect of "they say boys only want one thing, but no one will tell me what that is"...kinda awkward when my 10 year old asked what that meant...really wish Disney would've left that out.
on April 10, 2008
Fortunately for us in Australia, not just the USA, Walt Disney was forging ahead in leaps and bounds in both cinematic releases and television right up to his death in 1966.

With television only being introduced in Australia in time for the 1956 Melbourne Olympics, we were already starved for entertainment. The Disney Studios successfully exported the "Disneyland" and "Mickey Mouse Club" TV shows to Australia, where despite only having been made for 3 years, the "Mickey Mouse Club" shows were broadcast for 14 years!!! I even remember seeing the Mouseketeers when they toured here in 1959 and 1960, despite the fact that I was only 4 and 5 at the time... Yes I've been a Disney fan for almost 50 years! For those who need to catch up, see Walt Disney: The Triumph of the American Imagination (Vintage)

Walt Disney was a true visionary and was responsible for the public acceptance of many major innovations including respectable theme parks and even space travel and exploration. Walt's attitude of "keep moving forward" never allowed numerous instances of impending financial ruin to daunt his efforts to produce astounding improvements within the entertainment industry - from his innovations in animation techniques to the planning of Disneyworld and EPCOT in Florida. Fortunately since his death in 1966, the Disney Corporation has continued this approach of constant improvement, despite ruining Walt's true plans for EPCOT.

ENCHANTED IS THE EPITOME OF ALL THINGS DISNEY. It pays homage to Walt's great early animated triumphs, "Snow White" and "Sleeping Beauty" and infuses Walt's love for the combination of live action and animated characters right through to the extraordinary CG-animation perfected by the recently acquired Pixar Studios. Some critics have failed to grasp the relevance to so many great Disney offerings handled so well under the clever writing by Bill Kelly and precise direction of Kevin Lima. In true Disney form, characters fall in love almost instantly and are not daunted by their apparent non-conformtiy in modern day New York, for example, James Marsden's excellent portrayal of the affected Prince Edward.

To the uninitiated, the ending may appear to go a little off track, but again refers to the early Disney classics, including the poison apple and the transformation of the evil queen into an equally evil dragon. Followed by the clever use of the pop-up book technique which takes Disney animation a step further. These are made totally transparent and obvious in the Disney Blu-Ray DVD release.

Amy Adams portrays a true Disney Princess, like no other before her, and is offset well by the very corporatised Patrick (McDreamy) Dempsey. Susan Sarandon also appears to have been born to play a Disney Evil Queen and Timothy Spall (Peter Pettigrew from the Harry Potter series) is a real life version of so many animated Disney sidekicks. Congratulations also to (Aussie) John O'Connell for his all-inclusive, interpretative choreography so befitting a true Disney classic!

To sum up, I believe that Walt Disney would be EXTREMELY PROUD of this great offering which has been produced truly in his style 40 years after his demise. For those with a Blu-Ray DVD player buy that version to truly appreciate the references to Walt's genius!