Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Shop Shop Popular Services _fof _fof _fof  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now toystl17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 326 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 349 reviews
on January 3, 2014
I am giving this product three stars, as it brought a smile to my niece's face this Christmas. This is a simple, classic music box with pretty pictures of butterflies and a nice tune. While it is attractive, be aware that it is cheaply made. Within two minutes, the internal butterfly fell off (easily reattached) and the hinges were weak. Even the box it was packaged in resembled that of a dollar store purchase. If you are looking for a decorative storage box, this purchase will serve its purpose. If you want a sturdy long-lasting music box for a special little girl or boy, this is not the gift for you.
on July 29, 2011
This little box delighted my friend who loves butterflies. We were celebrating her graduation from a masters degree program. Note To the Marketing Agency that designed the packaging: I agree with the guy who said the packaging of the box with the 6 year-old girl's picture was a negative. These boxes have much more appeal than as a children's gift. I tossed the packaging and wrapped the box in tissue and put it in a gift bag. It was a BIG hit.
on January 4, 2017
The art on the box is beautiful, the music plays nicely, and the special little drawers on the sides on the box are a hit with my daughter. She has been carrying this thing around since Christmas day, plays the music every night as she falls asleep, and loves just rearranging all of her jewelry in it a few times a day! And the box itself is sturdy enough that I don't have to worry about it being damaged if she drops it.
on February 14, 2010
I bought this music box for my 5 year old daughter for Christmas. Although she had so many other gifts, she said that this is the best gift of them all. The pictures on the music box is beautifully colored and the quality of the workmanship is outstanding. It is nicely put together and sturdy. A lot of attention to detail was put into this box. There are four pull out drawers. A small drawer on each the right and left side. One in the front of the box (I wish the front drawer was a little deeper) and one in the back of the box. This is the reason the front drawer does not go back deeper because the bottom space is split between the front drawer and the back drawer. When you open the lid or top of the box, there is a mirror, and a white horse that spins as the music plays. To play the music you wind up or turn the gold knob at the back. A gold colored top latch, and gold round pull out knobs for the drawers completes this beautiful box.
on July 15, 2015
I was highly impressed with this! Even though it's not wood, I would still consider it high quality. It's very sturdy and stable.
You may want to dust off the mirror a bit and clear away a little bit of glue-webs, but it's very pretty.
It doesn't show in the picture but there is a little tray in front of the butterfly that pulls out and reveals a secret compartment underneath.

The butterfly is painted very well. Not scary at all. And the music is beautiful. I did have to screw in the crank a bit to wind it up, but once screwed in completely it wound up quite a bit. The music plays for quite a long time (4-5 minutes at least) and sounds great.

When closed the butterfly and music stop as it should without any deforming of the springs when opened again.

I bought it as a present for my 4-year-old's birthday. I'll update this review with how well it holds up over time.
on April 29, 2016
I purchased this as a birthday gift for soon to be 7 year old daughter. Package arrived right on time. The package of the actual product was dented on one corner but it did not cause too much cosmetic damage to the jewelry box itself.

The butterfly is beautifully painted. There are drawers on all sides of the box, with the best part being the drawers don't fully pull out. The drawer stops right at the end. I like this because my youngest won't accidently pull out and dump the jewelry out.
The butterfly design on the outside is very pretty. Not over the top gushing pink; which is what my daughter likes.
on June 11, 2016
My daughter loved this music box for about 2 months. It's cute and it has a pretty song that I really enjoyed, myself. It sat on a dresser, rarely removed except to wind the music box. It has stopped working. Winding it does nothing, so after a month of watching my girl sadly try to wind it, I took the little metal box out to see if I could fix it. The part that's broken is inside a piece that is held together with some witchcraft that a screwdriver can't get into. So outside of breaking it to pieces, there is no more I can do but let it sit there. The return window was 30 days, so I guess I should've been grateful if it had stopped working sooner. It's disappointing. It was a great box.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon February 18, 2013
The print on this box is really nice and the main reason I was even going to give it a shot as a gift for a Grandma that loves butterflies. It was a hit. She was much happier with it than I thought she would be! The inside slot to put your stuff in is only about 2 1/2 inches wide, so there's not a lot of room for someone who owns very much jewelry. The blue butterfly is OK, not as delicate or dainty as I had in mind, but the music is nice. Overall I give it a thumbs up, but be aware you will have to remove the box it comes in with a little girl's picture on it if you are giving it to an adult. Have a gift bag handy!

For fellow gift givers:
If they like butterflies you can consider...

I also gave her the following necklace which was Awesome and prettier than I imagined! Great price too. The necklace is for an adult, but there are plenty sized and priced just right for a girl too. I gave her tattoos to wear to a butterfly festival. They looked almost real! I also gave her an acrylic framed set of three swallowtails from Butterfly Utopia (direct site)that was beautiful! In the past I've bought a blue morpho from Ben the Butterfly Guy here on Amazon, that was breathtaking too. Just some ideas..

ARCO IRIS Stylized Butterfly Wing Drop Swarovski Elements Crystal Pendant Necklace W 18k White Gold Plated Chain (Purple)

Temporary Butterfly Tattoos
on October 29, 2016
I bought this little jewelry box for a niece who loves butterflies. It is a welcome alternative to all the ballerinas who dance for little girls in such boxes. She loved it and just plays with it as a toy to see the butterfly and listen to the music. It is a lovely house for her treasures.
on November 11, 2010
My 3 year old daughter expressed much interest in having a jewelry/music box. I didn't want to spend a fortune and my biggest concern was that she would just break it. I found and bought this one as a Christmas present last year. She absolutely loved it. Her favorite is playing the music and watching the horse dance. I love that it is pretty much unbreakable, made of a sturdy material, and not very expensive. My daughter (now age 4 1/2) still loves it and puts her special treasures inside. Although the side drawers are not very big, they can still hold several play rings. Each large drawer holds a few beaded necklaces and the top compartment is large enough to hold my daughter's sunglasses.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.