Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now ToyHW17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 460 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 528 reviews
on August 21, 2012
I have been playing Hoyle's Card Games for well over 5 years and really enjoy it.

I am however disappointed that Card Games 2012 is no different than the version I used in 2006. Only the title seems to have changed.

On the new Win 7 PC I installed it on the Hoyle software got confused by the wide screen ratio of the monitor which for some unknown reason stopped the in-game chat feature working in Hearts.

I am still addicted to the game though so I just have to put up with it.

I strongly suggest you don't upgrade to Hoyle Card Games 2012 from an earlier version though - you won't notice the difference (in a positive way)
on September 9, 2011
I don't know if anyone else has had the same problems of getting the games to work in Windows 7 but I certainly have. This one and the Puzzles & board games act like earlier versions I had that wouldn't work in Windows 7. And they are deceptive about what games are on there. There's only one choice instead of multiple choices you had on the earlier games. Since I had so many pop-up warnings and trying to get games to work I finally gave up. Maybe others will have better luck. But I can't recommend these games.
1313 comments| 125 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon January 25, 2015
When our old PC finally gave up the ghost we ended up with a new PC running Windows 8.1. Among the many, many problems we had with 8.1 one was that the old Hoyle Casino game disc wouldn't run on it. Since my husband really enjoyed playing those games, especially Texas Hold `Em, he was very unhappy.

So for Christmas I went looking for a Hoyle game disc that would run on Windows 8.1. Although it wasn't shown as working with 8.1, I immediately saw a customer question and answer indicating that it did. So I jumped on it. Unfortunately, while it does indeed run on 8.1, I should have checked it out further.

Although it has dozens of games, it only has two "casino" games- Black Jack and straight draw poker. Not my husband's favorite, Texas Hold `em. He has played it a lot since Christmas and can't say he's very happy with it

For poker fans, his biggest issues are 1) the system limits the amount you can bet but doesn't place the same limitation on the other "players" and 2) is even farther away from true random than most computer games. If you have a stellar hand, 95% of the time another player will have something even better.

He has played the other games (mostly because the poker is boring) and noticed that for many games you need to have the audio on (no visual cues for draws, bids, etc) So if you are buying for your kids to play "Go Fish" you may want to invest in some headphones for them :-) If you are just looking for a lot of variety in games for kids, this is probably a good choice.

So, I was going to do the research to find a better game option, but then I heard the news. Microsoft announced that Windows 7 thru 8.1 can upgrade to Windows 10 for free the first year. Yea!! Evidently they figured out that a system designed for a mobile device isn't the best choice for a desktop so there are two versions for 10. So I'll wait until after we upgrade to look for a better casino game option.

Update 8-21-15 We upgraded the PC to Windows 10 and the game continues to function with no problem and no need to reinstall.
on December 9, 2011
For the price the card games are fine. But hoyle has included another online gameing program, that unless you pay very close attention during the installation will install on your computer and take over your browser and in general act like you've been hit with a virus or some other nasty. As I said the Hoyle portion is fine But look out for The "King of Cheap Games Solitaire" on install.
88 comments| 165 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 21, 2014
The programs have many flaws. The game of Spades is all but useless and, after a few tries, I simply don't play it. In all of the games the random card generator seems to deal the cards in sequence more than it deals truly randomly. That said, Hearts is reasonably fun (except for the dealing problem), Pinochle is also fun, Poker tends to deal Straights and flushes much more frequently that they would appear in a real game and if you get four cards in a straight you can reasonably expect to get the fifth in the sequence. In several games, notably Spades, the programmer didn't understand the strategy of the game. And Bridge is simply too complicated to be able to be part of a game set like this one. The collection can be fun if you are a beginner or if you stick to the few games that have reasonable levels of skill in the playing. I found Hearts, Pinochle (two hand and four hand), cribbage, bridge (simple bridge), and poker to be the most fun, and Spades should join the reject pile.
on March 22, 2013
this is the most terrible card game product ! Face creator can not be skipped! . When cards in any solitaire game are placed on top of another card( as in any solitaire game!), then you cannot tell what the covered card is -you can only determine the card's color. You have to be able to make out what the cards are by the tops of the covered cards to move groups. how can you play if you can't move groups of cards? I have never in 20 years been so disappointed in a card game collection.
on March 7, 2016
I WAS RIPPED OFF ON THIS GAME IT WOULD NOT WORK ON WINDOWS 10 AND NOW I CANT GET A REFUND...DONT EVER USE THIS DOWNLOAD RIP OFFS FROM AMAZON...I WILL PUT THIS ON FACE BOOK AND EVERY WHERE I CAN ...I DONT MIND LOSING OCCASIONALLY BUT AT LEAST LET ME KNOW IN ADVANCE THAT I WILL PROBABLY LOSE MY MONEY. CB KELTON [...]
review image
on February 3, 2016
Glad that I purchased this. I was afraid from some of the other reviews that it wouldn't work for Windows 10. I loaded it on both my new laptop and my new desktop which both have Windows 10. The laptop loaded the first time. The desktop took a couple of times. Be sure that there are not any other programs running. Well worth the time it took to load properly. The 2015 version of these games is not very good, so I am very grateful that this version worked for Windows 10.
on November 21, 2014
I cannot install this program. The message I get is:
Please Wait...

Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server error '80040e14'

The log file for database 'Redirect' is full. Back up the transaction log for the database to free up some log space.

/redirect.asp, line 75
I can't find a link to talk to Amazon about it's and I can't get any help from Borderbound. The go out of there way to make sure you can't talk to them.
22 comments|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 2, 2016
I have played card games against the computer for years. I allege Encore Software Hoyle Card Games 2012 AMR CHEATS. I find myself playing in Canasta not only against the other team but against my own partner. I allege that this is CHEAP and INCOMPETENT programming. I want to be challenged in a game. I do not like to be repeated CHEATED against. I allege there is not way the draw of the cards is random. I allege my partner uses totally incompetent strategy. This is very frustrating. It looks like I will have to play online to play an HONEST game.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.