Your Garage Beauty LyingGame STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning masterpiece masterpiece masterpiece  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 245 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 267 reviews
on November 4, 2016
This book gave me an answer to a lot of questions. My husband was diagnosed with brain and esophageal cancer last October 2015. He was given 4 months to live. He had 22 radiation treatments on his brain and was starting on his esophagus when he got real weak and couldn't go on with the treatments. My husband has been a Church of God pastor of Anderson Indiana since 1991. He was not afraid of dying and had preached about death many times, but he wanted to continue teaching middle school as a sub. God had been with us for many, many years and we have learned to lean on him. Well Doug didn't get his wish to stay on earth and God took him home 2 months and a week after he was diagnosed. It was a shock for our family and friends. Doug was always the picture of health and encouraged others to be active and do things outdoors and enjoy life as he did. We only have 1 son and a stepson and we lived 2000. Miles apart. It was hard but they both came to be with him before he passed. My son has since moved me back to our home state and I am adjusting. My question was what happens instantly when someone dies? Did Doug sit in limbo and wait or did he know he was in heaven. This book answered that for me by the out of life experiences of those dying and coming back to life. I felt that he instantly saw his grandfather and grandmother who he missed and loved very much. I could see his open arms to them and they to him and it gave me great joy and peace. The rest of the book was icing on the cake. I thoroughly enjoyed it and it reinstated my beliefs that I have been taught my whole life. God is a just God and if we don't believe him and his word then there is a place for us called hell. No sugarcoating. But we have the choice to choose him and we live with him forever in Heaven. As my husband would say, a no brained. Thank you Jim Garlow. I will be visiting your website.
on September 29, 2013
This book is written by a Christian pastor so you will see a Christian view in this book.
I found the book to be somewhat "preachy" but comprehensive. The author examined a lot of aspects of the afterlife. So if you are looking for a Near Death Experience book, this book doesn't focus on just that part of the afterlife.
For instance hell was another subject addressed in this book. Purgatory, demons, and angels are some other topics.

Regarding NDEs, Mr. Garlow writes that not all NDEs are positive. Some reported experiences are negative.

My favorite section is Part Two- "What Lies Between The Worlds."

I was struck by the message or life changes of some NDE survivors that mirrors what Messiah gave as an answer to the question "what is the greatest commandment?" in Matthew 22:37-40. A lot of these survivors talk of God's love and they stress loving others.

The author provides Scriptural answers to many questions and aspects of the afterlife.
This book is definitely worth reading.
on April 27, 2014
This book is a collection of stories of people who have had near-death experiences in which they had visions or thought they went to Heaven or Hell, as well as other supernatural experiences. While interesting to read, the stories don't prove anything as they are all intensely personal experiences. One group of stories was about people who had been visited or contacted by a loved one who had died. I'm not sure that people can return to earth after death, but I know people do have supernatural experiences. I had a vision of my husband a few weeks after his death. He didn't say a word to me, but I just saw him standing behind me, looking young, healthy, and full of joy. I already knew where he was, but the vision did bring me a sense of peace. Whenever I find myself feeling sad, I remind myself of how joyous he is.
Encountering Heaven and the Afterlife by James L. Garlow and Keith Wall offers a Christian perspective on what life could be like on the other side. The book offers comfort and hope for Christians who have lost loved ones or facing their own death. You will read a variety of stories ranging from heavenly visits to ghostly encounters.

The book is a delight to read.

Recommend.
on September 10, 2014
I enjoy reading stories of spiritual happenings with others, I've never had an experience like these but they all foster hope and a desire to become a better person. The authors take so much time to pick the correct stories and to make sure that they verify the information.

Knowing heaven and hell are real should be inspiration enough for anyone to want to change their life and become more than they are. This is a wonderful read for anyone who questions their faith. And has been repeated many times...."I would rather believe and be wrong than not believe in God and be wrong."
on July 19, 2014
These books were there for me when they were needed. A tragic death had occurred in the family leaving all of us in shock for weeks, not able to process much of anything. So many were searching for answers as to what lay ahead. I know there is life after death but somehow this and their other book brought so much comfort to my heart and soul. You can read the Bible or other scriptural readings but sometimes we need stories, real stories. I am so glad I read this. Thank you for writing it Keith Wall. and Mr. Garlow. Outstanding in every respect. A definite keeper.
on January 13, 2017
The book was interesting till about half way through and then the subject seem to change into more of an interpretation of the consequences of unbelievers who deny Jesus. I am a Christian who would to have liked more information of what to expect after we go to heaven. Otherwise, the book was OK, especially for someone who does not believe in Jesus and who doesn't think that hell is real.
"Heaven and the Afterlife" covers much more than heaven, hell and near-death experiences. It is actually quite a sobering look at eternity. Due to so many books written by those who have had near-death experiences I was surprised that this book did not contain more descriptions of heaven. A lot of time was spent discussing hell which can be a little depressing. Still I think this book was well researched and addressed important concerns and serious considerations. If you are interested in where you will spend eternity then it is worth the few hours it will take to read this book. Will you choose eternal life or eternal death? This book makes it clear that it is your choice. Some of the topics discussed include reincarnation, ghosts, purgatory, angels and visions. There are also some warnings about contacting the dead. If you read this book and are worried about your eternal destination then I can recommend a book I found called: Done.: What most religions don't tell you about the Bible. It will tell you how to go to heaven and help you understand the process of being saved.

~The Rebecca Review
on April 4, 2016
In a time where every headline is dreary and full of the gloom in this world this book brought much light and encouragement to my days, especially after just miscarrying and having to go through surgery after much blood loss. The stories shared by these people gave me much peace and security in our Fathers words. Thank you for sharing such beauty for us to look upon.
on March 11, 2016
This book was theologically sound, but filled with illustrations and examples from the author's life experiences and the experiences of others. It was a little different from other books I've read on the subject, as it gave a complete panorama of the afterlife and many of the different views on heaven, hell, purgatory, etc., but at the same time was intensely real and told in a story format. It was fascinating, and I had trouble putting it down! It makes you want to get closer to God and trust Him and his Word completely.