- Paperback: 832 pages
- Publisher: Wiley-Blackwell (September 28, 1999)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0632055464
- ISBN-13: 978-0632055463
- Product Dimensions: 8.7 x 1.7 x 10.9 inches
- Shipping Weight: 5.2 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #7,269,690 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Encyclopedia of Ecology and Environmental Management
Use the Amazon App to scan ISBNs and compare prices.
Wiley Professional Savings Event
Save up to 40% on resources for your career. Sponsored by Wiley. Learn more.
From the Back Cover
Ecology has become so wide ranging that it is hard for any one person to keep track of all the diverse concepts and jargon used in the separate sub-disciplines. It is especially difficult for those applying ecology to keep abreast of the principles of the subject, and for those working on the principles to keep in touch with new areas of application. The Encyclopedia of Ecology & Environmental Management provides a complete one-volume guide to the core definitions and issues associated wit pure and applied ecology.
The Encyclopedia is neither a short-entry dictionary nor a long-essay encyclopedia, but lies somewhere in between with a mixture of short-entry definitions and long-entry essays reviewing the present state of knowledge across a huge range of topics and allowing any particular subject to be accessed in varying levels of detail: the longer entries provide general over-views of subjects, whilst the short definitions provide specific details on more specialized areas.
For anyone intrigued by the life-dinner principle. the bubble concept, NIMTO, or the one-tailed test - whether working on ecological research, practical environmental management, industry or government - The Encyclopedia of Ecology & Environmental Management is a must for your bookself.
- 3000 headwords defined
- Over 250 long entries review major topics
- International team of distinguished authors - over 200 contributors from 18 countries
- Extensive cross-referencing allows readers to follow themes, and to broaden their knowledge in related subject areas
- Presents cutting-edge definitions in emerging fields as well as a grounding in well-established areas of ecology
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?