- Paperback: 960 pages
- Publisher: Harmony; 2 edition (December 29, 1997)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 9780761511571
- ISBN-13: 978-0761511571
- ASIN: 0761511571
- Product Dimensions: 7.4 x 1.9 x 9.3 inches
- Shipping Weight: 3.2 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: 261 customer reviews
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #822,139 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Encyclopedia of Natural Medicine, Revised Second Edition Paperback – December 29, 1997
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Encyclopedia of Natural Medicine weighs three pounds and nine ounces, has 946 pages, and is as informative as it is hefty. The authors are naturopathic doctors--they focus on promoting health and treating disease with nontoxic, natural therapies. Naturopathic medicine follows these seven principles:
- Do no harm: use safe, effective, natural therapies.
- Nature has healing powers: the physician's job is to enhance the body's natural power to heal itself.
- Identify and treat the cause: find the cause, rather than just suppress the symptoms.
- Treat the whole person: administer to the patient's physical, mental/emotional, spiritual, and social sides.
- The physician is a teacher: educate and motivate patients to take more responsibility for their health.
- Prevention is the best cure: health-supporting life habits prevent disease.
- Establish health and wellness: increase the patient's positive physical and mental state.
This book shows you how to improve your health through a positive mental attitude, healthy lifestyle, health-promoting diet, and supplements, with plenty of practical tips. Learn disease prevention through enhancing key body systems. The bulk of the book details natural remedies for treating more than 70 ailments. Each includes symptoms, description, therapeutic considerations (with discussion of studies), and a treatment summary, including nutritional supplements and botanical (herbal) medicines. If you have a disease, this book will give you a valuable perspective on natural treatments. If you're well, it will give you many pointers for maintaining and enhancing your health. --Joan Price
From Library Journal
Revised, updated, and expanded, this classic naturopathic reference by two naturopathic physicians is still one of the best books on natural medicine for consumers. Comprehensive and easy to use, it discusses some 70 health problems. What truly sets it apart from other similar titles are the scientific articles (82 pages in total!) that support the encyclopedia's content. Highly recommended. (LJ 5/1/91)
Copyright 1999 Reed Business Information, Inc.
261 customer reviews
Review this product
Read reviews that mention
Showing 1-8 of 261 reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I've learned the hard way doctors will not tell you natural options or refer you to someone who knows other options other than drugs.