Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheOnlyLivingBoy TheOnlyLivingBoy TheOnlyLivingBoy  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $79.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 563 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 722 reviews
on July 13, 2016
Great story! I bought this movie for a romantic night at home and it fit the scene perfectly. It arrived in a box and was carefully wrapped inside. Nothing was broken or damaged. The movie keeps your feelings alive. You live their love story. Would definitely buy again.
on October 24, 2016
This is a story of young love in a crazy world. The young lady is 15 years old and is having all night sex with her boyfriend; which by the way is perfectly fine with her kinky mother. The reason being the parents were/are hippy types and believe in free love etc. The father gets upset with the daughter because she is taking pills to sleep and neglecting her studies. He bans the boy from the house for 30 days. Patience is not a virtue with this young man, and his choices from that point on make for a mind blowing movie. Three stars just because it all seemed a little far fetched to me.
on March 14, 2013
I had not seen this movie since I was a 15 year old myself. I found it to be very romantic then and obsessed about it a bit (wish someone could love me that much, etc.). Watching it now about 30 years later, I still think it was a well done movie but obviously the perspective as a viewer has changed. The intensity of what Jade and David were feeling was overwhelming and perhaps if they had the obstacles that many of us had (i.e., not being able to have sex in our childhood bedrooms!) then perhaps the feelings would have been less intense and more manageable. Who knows right? What I do know and can see was that both kids had parents that were not extremely engaged in their lives. One set (Jade's) thought they were, by hanging with them and their friends, smoking joints, live band parties until all hours, etc. The other were involved in their career (David's mom) and experiencing the end their flailing marriage that they allowed another family to take their place in David's life (have to say that I did dig David's Dad's sensibility about his son but a well meaning atta boy here and there was clearly not enough for the boy). A lot of reviews of this movie blame Jade's mother Ann squarely for her permissive attitude but I believe that her father Hugh was equally if not more so a part of the problem. Hugh was OK permitting the kids to drink wine, smoke joints and stay up until all hours but when it came to his little girl being a sexual person, he drew a line. I understand all is not black and white in parenting but you have to have some type of consistency in the way that you think and in what you permit as a parent in your home, otherwise you have no credibility as a parent and become a hypocrite (which Jade does call him out on). I'm a parent too, so I'm not saying the parents caused this problem but they fueled what it ended up becoming by being imperfect people, which is c'est la vie. Bad Ann for trying to seduce David fresh out of the mental hospital (thumbs up to the typo about David having "metal problems"--old metalhead here lol) but again, she is a flawed being, admitting dismay when she states that she's "sounding like a mother". The end shows David behind bars and then cuts to Jade, obviously older, crossing the street. Is she crossing to go visit David? Is this just a parallel shot (show him, then show her, time has passed)? Who knows but Zeffirelli's direction, lighting, etc. was well done and this movie is thought-provoking.

Glad I rented it on Instant Video, don't necessarily want a DVD to watch over and over, was just curious if I would enjoy this as an adult and I can honestly say that I did and got so much more from it. It's amazing how watching something from your youth sometimes still evokes the original emotions though, doesn't it? The immaturity of the main characters (particularly David) caused the intense and over the top reactions (remembering the off-handed comment about lighting wet newspapers on fire, the beginning of David's downfall, reminds us of the suggestibility of a young mind) to what was going on because of the hugeness of what they were feeling. Oh to have the intensity tempered with maturity, dangerous indeed I would be. :-)
on July 28, 2015
This movie also has two versions, here is the older version (1981) played by Brooke Shields. There is a newer version (2013) played by Gabriella Wilde. Both were gorgeous and breathtaking teens. Everyone would love them. The story is a teenager love story, which I would expect to be more on the innocent and curious side and that would be beautiful. Instead, the movie is more like an adult version of teenager love. Although the newer version changed the story quite a bit, the tune is still the same. Great casts, but the story lacks quality.
on January 3, 2017
ALSO ANOTHER ANOTHER GOOD MOVIE YOUR THE BEST IN EVERYTHING THAT YOU DO I BUY EVERYTHING FROM YOU AND HAVE FOR MANY YEARS ALLEN MOSER
on January 17, 2015
This movie wasn't that great. I normally like romance movies but this is one of the worst I have seen.
on March 4, 2017
AMAZING! Absolutely loved it... The acting was very good and I felt like the actors showed a real connection on the screen. Some scenes from trailer were not included but overall, I will definitely watch it again!
on December 16, 2014
Was okay!!!! A one time watch, have lots I watch over and over but this a one time watch!!!!!
on June 1, 2017
SUPER CUTE. IF YOU LOVE ANY NICHOLAS SPARKS MOVIES, YOU'LL LOVE THIS ONE.
on July 11, 2017
I love this movie. They don't view it on tv. It's been years since I last saw it. Beautiful love story, but tragic too. It's definitely worth buying. Highly recommend. Speedy shipping. Great packaging.